Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2014 , 01:39   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4041

can this plugin run an end of map vote with ONLY extend map option?? and no voting for next map??
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2014 , 14:50   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4042

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
can this plugin run an end of map vote with ONLY extend map option?? and no voting for next map??
You probably could, but why would you? You should be able to set built in cvars to make one map run 24/7. If for some reason you can't with your game, UMC can't make a game do something it won't do on it's own. What game are you running?

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2014 , 17:49   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
You probably could, but why would you? You should be able to set built in cvars to make one map run 24/7. If for some reason you can't with your game, UMC can't make a game do something it won't do on it's own. What game are you running?
hi i am running css and the reason that i'm asking is because dust2 brings in the players but i want an end of map vote to see if the players want it extended or not!!! I do no want to run a 24/7 dust2 server
Prophete
Old 06-28-2014 , 23:45   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4044

Hello guys.

I'm fairly new to running a server and setting up plugins. I can't seem to follow the installation of this.

Could someone run down step by step what I need to do to accomplish the following:

At the end of a 39 minute mark (40 minute map time) calls a vote to what the sm_nextmap should be.
Pulls data from the pool on the specified maps (Below is my umc_mapcycle text document)
At the end of 40 minutes it goes to the specified map.

If no one has voted (Server has no active players) it goes to the next map in the map rotation.

On a side note, it says when starting the server

Quote:
umc-endvote.smx : Unable to create end of map vote timer-trigger, trigger time already passed
But in my endvote document I have

Quote:
sm_umc_endvote_starttime "3"
And my map time is set to 40 minutes.

Quote:
"umc_rotation"
{
"Jump 1"
{
"maps_invote" "1"
"next_mapgroup" "Jump 2"

"jump_ABuQ" {}

"jump_adventure" {}

"jump_aridia" {}

"jump_beef" {}

}

"Jump 2"
{
"maps_invote" "1"
"next_mapgroup" "Jump 3"

"jump_dystopia" {}

"jump_fauvism_a2" {}

"jump_hobo2" {}

"jump_rush" {}

}

"Jump 3"
{
"maps_invote" "1"
"next_mapgroup" "Jump 1"

"jump_skip_b3" {}

"jump_tpn_rc1" {}

"jump_trix" {}

"rj_rckteer" {}

}
}

Last edited by Prophete; 06-28-2014 at 23:53.
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2014 , 07:59   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4045

I'm having problems with my Workshop server on this plugin.

Basically the End of Map vote plugin does not quite prevent maps being played again, even if I've specified the last 10 maps or so not to appear on the vote. Sometimes the current map will appear on the vote. This does not happen on my normal Valve server or zombie server

My mapcyle and maplist text files have the map name without the "workshop/numberhere/mapnamehere" convention, and so does umc_mapcyclefile text file.

Could that be the reason? What needs changing?

I am using UMC 3.4.6

Last edited by Nolongerinthegame; 06-29-2014 at 08:01.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2014 , 16:34   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4046

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
hi i am running css and the reason that i'm asking is because dust2 brings in the players but i want an end of map vote to see if the players want it extended or not!!! I do no want to run a 24/7 dust2 server
Well, you can have an option to extend the map, I'm just not sure if you can have it as the only option. To display the option, in ultimate-mapchooser.cfg, set sm_umc_extend_display to "1". You'd probably have to provide at least a null umc-mapcycle.txt file, something like this:
Code:
"umc_mapcycle"
{
    "Null Group" //Name this whatever you like
    {
    }
}
The question then becomes, what do you want to happen when the vote is to not extend the current map? With CS:S I believe SM picks up map changing duties unless something else does first.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
Prophete
Old 06-29-2014 , 18:14   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4047

So, just an update.

The problem I thought from

Quote:

umc-endvote.smx : Unable to create end of map vote timer-trigger, trigger time already passed
After sifting through ~50 pages I found is suppose to show up.

Now, the vote happens but only 3 options show up. I would like all of my options to show up (I got the impression from the layout on the txt file for mapcycle you could choose groups and make selections that way. Maybe I was wrong)

Anyways, either way when the vote happens and timer elapses the map doesn't change.

It says in console

And I would still like it to go to the next map in rotation if no one votes.

Thanks and sorry for the noobish questions!
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2014 , 11:44   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophete View Post
So, just an update.

The problem I thought from

After sifting through ~50 pages I found is suppose to show up.

Now, the vote happens but only 3 options show up. I would like all of my options to show up (I got the impression from the layout on the txt file for mapcycle you could choose groups and make selections that way. Maybe I was wrong)

Anyways, either way when the vote happens and timer elapses the map doesn't change.

It says in console

And I would still like it to go to the next map in rotation if no one votes.

Thanks and sorry for the noobish questions!
As far as getting all your options in the vote, post your umc-mapcycle.txt or whatever mapcycle file you are using, and tell us exactly how you want your vote to go.

As far as getting the map to actually change, UMC doesn't do that AFAIK, it just sets the next map. Possibly, your match/map isn't terminating how you want it to. You have to tell us what game it is and what triggers you want to use to change the map. For many games, you can trigger a map change for any combination of time limit, round limit, win limit, and frag limit.

My plugins:
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2014 , 12:01   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophete View Post
Hello guys.

I'm fairly new to running a server and setting up plugins. I can't seem to follow the installation of this.

Could someone run down step by step what I need to do to accomplish the following:

At the end of a 39 minute mark (40 minute map time) calls a vote to what the sm_nextmap should be.
Pulls data from the pool on the specified maps (Below is my umc_mapcycle text document)
At the end of 40 minutes it goes to the specified map.

If no one has voted (Server has no active players) it goes to the next map in the map rotation.

On a side note, it says when starting the server

But in my endvote document I have

And my map time is set to 40 minutes.
For TF, I'll defer to Powerlord or someone else who knows more about the game, but I'm not sure you can replace the section header "umc_mapcycle" in your umc_mapcycle with "umc_rotation" (or anything else).

UMC sets vote triggers according to how you configure it, and it should be configured to whatever map change triggers you already have. That "error" message is just telling you that when UMC attempted to set up a vote trigger, the map time had already exceeded 37 minutes.

What is your server not doing now that you want it to do?

My plugins:
Prophete
Old 06-30-2014 , 14:38   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4050

So I got the server to change maps now, the stalemate triggering just wasn't firing.

As for the map cycle, I want at the end of timer vote to show the following groups.

Quote:
"umc_rotation"
{
"Jump 1"
{
"maps_invote" "1"
"next_mapgroup" "Jump 2"

"jump_ABuQ" {}

"jump_adventure" {}

"jump_aridia" {}

"jump_beef" {}

}

"Jump 2"
{
"maps_invote" "1"
"next_mapgroup" "Jump 3"

"jump_dystopia" {}

"jump_fauvism_a2" {}

"jump_hobo2" {}

"jump_rush" {}

}

"Jump 3"
{
"maps_invote" "1"
"next_mapgroup" "Jump 1"

"jump_skip_b3" {}

"jump_tpn_rc1" {}

"jump_trix" {}

"rj_rckteer" {}

}
}

So at the 35 minute mark in a map time I want a vote to happen and the user can cycle through groups 1, 2 and 3 (Jump 1, Jump 2 or Jump 3) and then they can select the specific map.

If all I need to do is change the "umc_rotation" to "umc_mapcycle" then that's that

On another note, is there a way to make it so if there are no votes then it automatically will change to the next map in the map rotation?