Raised This Month: $85 Target: $400
 21% 

[L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lux
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brexit
Old 09-21-2020 , 01:36   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][19/08/2020]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
This plugin used on a 8 players coop server with superversus caused players to spawn with 100 hp even though there was free dead bots. At some point it even completely broke one of the bots which caused players to be on a tpose and not being able to move.

I reverted back to the old afk fix and none of this problems happened again.
Strange given i use superversus and have nothing like this.

This seems like a major conflict and should not affect super versus there is no code at all that spawns or does anything with a player, only points player to their correct bot, if it don't exist will use normal game logic.

From what you said this will maybe happen with or without it.

If you want help post error logs and reproduction steps, a link to the super versus version, i'm pretty sure you are not just running 2 plugins .
__________________
Lux is offline
Alex101192
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Old 09-21-2020 , 11:01   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][19/08/2020]
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Strange given i use superversus and have nothing like this.

This seems like a major conflict and should not affect super versus there is no code at all that spawns or does anything with a player, only points player to their correct bot, if it don't exist will use normal game logic.

From what you said this will maybe happen with or without it.

If you want help post error logs and reproduction steps, a link to the super versus version, i'm pretty sure you are not just running 2 plugins .
Yeah I don't run only 2 plugins hehe, they are 179 ;). Yes it's possible that conflict could be with something else other than superversus. Maybe the fact that I force every player to type !join so no one gets stuck in idle not understanding how to join and quit has something to do with it? Who knows dude.
Alex101192 is offline
Lux
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brexit
Old 09-21-2020 , 12:28   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][19/08/2020]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
Yeah I don't run only 2 plugins hehe, they are 179 ;). Yes it's possible that conflict could be with something else other than superversus. Maybe the fact that I force every player to type !join so no one gets stuck in idle not understanding how to join and quit has something to do with it? Who knows dude.
Fairenough just stay with what works.

The whole point for this plugin for me is the maintain standard logic of going to pause menu and pressing "Take a break" option while having survivor clones.

So if the game's logic is being superceed it won't work, my guess is plugins you run break this logic somehow causing spooky bugs.

Can't tell you anything concrete with such little infomation sorry.
__________________

Last edited by Lux; 09-21-2020 at 12:28.
Lux is offline
Alex101192
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Old 09-21-2020 , 18:03   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][19/08/2020]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Fairenough just stay with what works.

The whole point for this plugin for me is the maintain standard logic of going to pause menu and pressing "Take a break" option while having survivor clones.

So if the game's logic is being superceed it won't work, my guess is plugins you run break this logic somehow causing spooky bugs.

Can't tell you anything concrete with such little infomation sorry.
Ok so the problem with players spawning while a free bot is dead is happening still. Can I ask you what version of superversus you are using? I am using merudo's one. There is so much different code in the forum...

Last edited by Alex101192; 09-21-2020 at 18:03.
Alex101192 is offline
Alex101192
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Old 09-21-2020 , 19:58   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][19/08/2020]
Reply With Quote #15

Merudo wrote in his version changelog that he added a fix for afk and that the old afk plugin was not needed. So another fix plugin could cause problem with this version? Even the old afk fix?
Alex101192 is offline
Lux
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brexit
Old 09-24-2020 , 19:24   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #16

updated gamedata for laststand update
__________________
Lux is offline
Tonblader
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Old 09-28-2020 , 00:31   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
updated gamedata for laststand update
When I use this plugin, it conflicts with this other plugin:
[L4D2] Speedrunner Tools

With the "sm_idle" command, the game does not recognize the command.
Unknown command: sm_idle

Here the code:

Spoiler


My question is, what could I do to solve this problem?
I don't know much about this.

Last edited by Tonblader; 09-28-2020 at 03:26.
Tonblader is offline
Lux
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brexit
Old 09-28-2020 , 20:09   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonblader View Post
When I use this plugin, it conflicts with this other plugin:
[L4D2] Speedrunner Tools

With the "sm_idle" command, the game does not recognize the command.
Unknown command: sm_idle

Here the code:

Spoiler


My question is, what could I do to solve this problem?
I don't know much about this.
Given you posted no errors and GoAwayFromkeyboard signiture has changed it will need updating.
__________________
Lux is offline
Silvers
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SpaceX
Old 09-28-2020 , 20:27   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #19

The signatures in Speedrunner Tools are correct. GoAwayFromkeyboard might of changed but this still matches "55 8B EC 83 EC ? 53 56 57 8B F1 8B 06 8B 90 ? ? ? 00 8B 9E ? ? ? 00 6A 00 6A 08 6A 01"
__________________
Silvers is offline
Lux
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brexit
Old 09-28-2020 , 21:36   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
The signatures in Speedrunner Tools are correct. GoAwayFromkeyboard might of changed but this still matches "55 8B EC 83 EC ? 53 56 57 8B F1 8B 06 8B 90 ? ? ? 00 8B 9E ? ? ? 00 6A 00 6A 08 6A 01"
My bad I don't know since gamedata was updated not long ago
Quote:
Last edited by n491; Yesterday at 11:44. Reason: See the changelog inside script-file...
but it will still be wrong since this plugin detours it.

Use these signitures for it.
https://github.com/LuxLuma/Left-4-fi...or_afk_fix.txt
__________________

Last edited by Lux; 09-28-2020 at 21:50.
Lux is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:31.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode