Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Any] Enhanced Server Triggers (v2.0, 7/25/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Aderic
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
All
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Allows the execution of player-target server commands to be executed through triggers.
    Old 07-25-2013 , 00:11   [Any] Enhanced Server Triggers (v2.0, 7/25/2013)
    Reply With Quote #1

Notice 7/13/2015: I have stepped away from TF2 & SM and no longer support these plugins.
    If you would like to take over on a plugin, feel free to contact me.

What does this plugin do?
    It allows map makers in Hammer to place triggers that can be used to execute server commands. This is not the same thing as a point_servercommand, this allows commands to be run on the activator, it will grab the client's name, steamid or userid, making it much more flexible than the standard point_servercommand.

Who is it for?
    Mapmakers, or people running maps that have been made with this plugin.

How do I use it?
    Quote:
    To create a constant trigger (trigger that executes every x amount of seconds)
    1. Open any hammer map.
    2. Create a trigger_multiple.
    3. In the Name field, place the words run constant followed by any server command.
    4. Set the Delay Before Reset field to have the trigger to execute every x amount of seconds.
    Example: run constant sm_csay %activator% has made it to the end of the tunnel!

To create a lifetime trigger (trigger that executes once per life)
    1. Open any hammer map.
    2. Create a trigger_multiple.
    3. In the Name field, place the words run lifetime followed by a number from 0 to 128, followed by any server command.
    The number you put in specifies an ID so the server can keep up with any triggers the player touches during his lifetime. You can specify the same ID for multiple triggers, this lets the player touch any one of the triggers and disable all triggers of that ID.
    Example: run lifetime 0 sm_slap %activator% has made it to the end of the tunnel!
    Valid placeholders:
    %activator% - This is replaced by the player's name.
    %activatorsteamid% - This is replaced by the player's Steam ID.
    %activatorclientid% - This is replaced by the player's client ID on the server.

What can I do with it?
    You can do many things with this plugin..
    Create a room with only rapid fire if combined with EHG's rapid fire plugin (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1635409)
    Create a melee only room if combined with a melee plugin, if combined with pheadxdll's melee only plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1241921)
    Create a reward area or room that gives a player an item, if combined with FlaminSarge's give weapon plugin (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1337899)
    Make an announcement server-wide with a player's actual name in the announcement.
    Make an area that rolls RTD (or forces it) on a player, if combined with pheadxdll's RTD plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=75561).
    Pretty much anything that you put your mind to...

ConVars:
    sm_enhancedtriggers (default: 1) - Enables or disables enhanced server triggers.
    sm_enhancedtriggerslogging (default: 0) - Enables or disables server output.
    Example: Enhanced Triggers (Aderic, STEAM_0:1:58235383) triggered command: sm_giveweapon Aderic 357

Changelog:
    2.0 (7/25/2013)
    Uploaded a test map containing some examples for other map makers to dissect.
    Added triggers that only trigger once per life. (Lifetime triggers)
    Added the functionality to get the client ID.
    Changed the placeholders to a more sensible familiar layout. [target] is now %activator% and so on...

1.0 (7/25/2013)
    Initial release.

Installation:
    Download enhancedservertriggers.smx and place it in your .../tf/addons/sourcemod/plugins folder.

BSP and VMF map.zip
    This is for map makers, it consists of a map showing the functionality of this plugin. From renaming a player to kicking them from the game for going in a certain zone, to even changing the map.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip BSP and VMF map.zip (17.5 KB, 200 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (enhancedservertriggers.sp - 853 views - 4.6 KB)

Last edited by Aderic; 07-13-2015 at 22:21. Reason: 2.0 Update
    otterfiend
    Old 07-25-2013 , 03:20   Re: [Any] Enhanced Server Triggers (v1.0, 7/25/2013)
    Reply With Quote #2

Just a personal view: You should probably create a system where the map enables the plugin, rather than the plugin being enabled by default. That way a server owner wouldn't have the plugin going through every trigger_multiple on maps not using the plugin.
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-25-2013 , 03:50   Re: [Any] Enhanced Server Triggers (v1.0, 7/25/2013)
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by otterfiend View Post
    Just a personal view: You should probably create a system where the map enables the plugin, rather than the plugin being enabled by default. That way a server owner wouldn't have the plugin going through every trigger_multiple on maps not using the plugin.
    You can use map configs to enable/disable the plugin. So it doesn't run on every map.
    Old 07-25-2013 , 09:36   Re: [Any] Enhanced Server Triggers (v1.0, 7/25/2013)
    Reply With Quote #4

Well, I like the idea but I already found a problem that I would like to bring to your attention.

I run a trading server and as such I have a room made for spycrab bets. I would like to use sm_setclass to force anyone that enters the trigger area to be a spy. I set the delay to 0 as to continuously change anyone that enters the area.

The problem I am having is a constant console spam on how the player is actively being changed into a spy. The added problem to this is that because it is continuously changing them, it forces them to their primary weapon, making the whole idea of spy crabbing impossible.

So is there anyway to make it trigger once per player and then trigger no more unless they die and reenter the area? I would not like to make a higher delay timer for obvious reasons.

Check out my pony animations. http://www.youtube.com/salsav91
    Aderic
    Old 07-25-2013 , 12:24   Re: [Any] Enhanced Server Triggers (v1.0, 7/25/2013)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by salsav91 View Post
    Well, I like the idea but I already found a problem that I would like to bring to your attention.

I run a trading server and as such I have a room made for spycrab bets. I would like to use sm_setclass to force anyone that enters the trigger area to be a spy. I set the delay to 0 as to continuously change anyone that enters the area.

The problem I am having is a constant console spam on how the player is actively being changed into a spy. The added problem to this is that because it is continuously changing them, it forces them to their primary weapon, making the whole idea of spy crabbing impossible.

So is there anyway to make it trigger once per player and then trigger no more unless they die and reenter the area? I would not like to make a higher delay timer for obvious reasons.
    I'm in the process of making triggers that trigger once per lifetime. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: I've updated the plugin. This can now be done.

Last edited by Aderic; 07-25-2013 at 15:44. Reason: Updated.
    MaltSNS
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 07-25-2013 , 16:52   Re: [Any] Enhanced Server Triggers (v1.0, 7/25/2013)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:

Couldn't this be done pretty easily with filters?

Last edited by MaltSNS; 07-25-2013 at 16:57.
    salsav91
    Old 07-26-2013 , 04:21   Re: [Any] Enhanced Server Triggers (v1.0, 7/25/2013)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaltSNS View Post
    Couldn't this be done pretty easily with filters?
    I am not sure. I am still new to hammer. PM me a link to a tutorial if so. Will be greatly appreciated.

Check out my pony animations. http://www.youtube.com/salsav91
    guybrush_threepwood
    Old 07-28-2013 , 02:10   Re: [Any] Enhanced Server Triggers (v1.0, 7/25/2013)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    I am not sure. I am still new to hammer. PM me a link to a tutorial if so. Will be greatly appreciated.
    just use a point_clientcommand with trigger_multiple onstarttouch to change class instead and time to 0.01