Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

jafem
Old 08-03-2011 , 20:52   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.3.1/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1801

have you opened the ports?
also try changing the host to localhost.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-04-2011 , 07:59   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.4.2/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1802

~Update Released~

Quote:
  • V8.4.2 - QuakeLive Update
    • Added tracking for weapons from the QuakeLive Update:
      • The Original
    • Added a check in RankPanel(); to prevent an error related to clients who are not ingame
    • Fixed an error in FlagEvent(); related to clients who are not ingame.
    • Added tracking for the number of players that have used a player's teleporter.
    • Added points for teleporting players.
Details:

Teleporter Tracking:
  • Engineers will now get points (default 2) for each time a player uses their teleporter.
  • Engineers will *not* get points from using the teleporter themselves.
  • Engineers will also *not* get points if the other player is on the other team (spies).
Devs:
  • For database tracking, player_teleported still records the number of times a player has taken teleporters.
  • TotalPlayersTeleported shows the number of players that have used that engineer's teleporter (including times the engineer has used it himself).
  • KW_QuakeRL is for kill tracking for the new rocket launcher.

I forgot to include the config with the new cvars in the zip, so here they are:
Code:
rank_the_original_points                    "3"        //The Original *NEW*

rank_tele_use_points                        "2"        //Points for teleporting a player

rank_show_tele_point_notices                "1"        //Set to 0 to disable the message that tells an engi when he is awarded points for teleporting a player
I also forgot to include tracking for tf_projectile_energy_ball.
I'll add that in the next update along with the updated config file.

Mev:
I added a check that may prevent the error you were seeing. I'm going to need some more info as to when that happens in order to figure out whats going on though (assuming it isn't fixed).

Last edited by DarthNinja; 08-04-2011 at 08:07.
Obsidian
Old 08-04-2011 , 08:55   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.4.2/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1803

Micro-update for my web interface. If you update to 8.4.2 of the plugin which DN just posted above, here's the files to display kills with that weapon.

(see tf2stats_microupdate.zip below for the update files)
(Before overwriting the old weapondata file, be sure to back it up.)

weapondata.json should be uploaded (and overwrite) the previous copy of the file in data/config/
Killicon_original.png should be uploaded to style/image/killicon/ with the rest of the kill icons.

That should take care of it.

I haven't tested the new weapondata file, as I'm busy working on the 1.1 release of my web UI; lots of backend changes are going on, including a lot of code cleanup and optimization. If the new weapondata file breaks the players page, upload your backup and let me know ASAP, I'll find why it's breaking and try to get it working.

Progress on 1.1 can be seen from here: https://github.com/damianb/tf2stats/...ster...develop
I'm also working on support for CSP (the Gecko-only feature which protects against XSS attacks), but as it is an experimental specification and the W3C is still hammering out the final version of the spec, it probably won't make the release, and will be commented out until then. If left uncommented, it'll only work in Firefox 4 and newer anyways (and the Chromium implementation of CSP is horribly broken, as I found out in my testing).

Also, hopefully if I do it right, 1.1 will be able to be localized easily; the language file will allow for easy localization once all of the language strings are separated from the codebase into that file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tf2stats_microupdate.zip (7.9 KB, 107 views)

"If you're not willing to do it right, don't get involved with security or Explosive Ordinance Disposal."
Rainicorn
Old 08-05-2011 , 12:41   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.4.2/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1804

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but I have a question about using TF2 Stats with multiple servers.

I added a second server recently and copied all of my existing TF2 files over from my main gameserver to the new one. I did not touch the webstats side of things. So far, everything seems to be functioning smoothly with both servers so far as the stat tracker is concerned.

My problem is that the "Who's Online?" for the web tracker displays players from the new server as being online hours after they have been offline. I am using a time offset for the main server to display online users, and it is in Texas. This new server is based in California. Could the differing locations of both servers be causing this issue, and if so, how would I go about fixing it?

This is the link to my webstats: http://stats.ponyville.net

Thanks for taking the time to read this, even if there is no answer as to how to resolve the issue. It is something that I can easily overlook if it cannot be fixed.

Last edited by Rainicorn; 08-05-2011 at 12:43.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2011 , 13:55   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.4.2/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1805

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
~Update Released~

Details:

Teleporter Tracking:
  • Engineers will now get points (default 2) for each time a player uses their teleporter.
  • Engineers will *not* get points from using the teleporter themselves.
  • Engineers will also *not* get points if the other player is on the other team (spies).
Devs:
  • For database tracking, player_teleported still records the number of times a player has taken teleporters.
  • TotalPlayersTeleported shows the number of players that have used that engineer's teleporter (including times the engineer has used it himself).
  • KW_QuakeRL is for kill tracking for the new rocket launcher.
Installed and all working fine and no errors logged so far.

Great job and Thanks DarthNinja. ;)

- Lob (UK)
Obsidian
Old 08-05-2011 , 14:31   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.4.2/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainicorn View Post
I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but I have a question about using TF2 Stats with multiple servers.

I added a second server recently and copied all of my existing TF2 files over from my main gameserver to the new one. I did not touch the webstats side of things. So far, everything seems to be functioning smoothly with both servers so far as the stat tracker is concerned.

My problem is that the "Who's Online?" for the web tracker displays players from the new server as being online hours after they have been offline. I am using a time offset for the main server to display online users, and it is in Texas. This new server is based in California. Could the differing locations of both servers be causing this issue, and if so, how would I go about fixing it?

This is the link to my webstats: http://stats.ponyville.net

Thanks for taking the time to read this, even if there is no answer as to how to resolve the issue. It is something that I can easily overlook if it cannot be fixed.
Have you checked if any settings in the website settings file should be tweaked for your change? Most likely, that's the problem.

Also, check the clocks on both servers. See what timezones they're set to.

"If you're not willing to do it right, don't get involved with security or Explosive Ordinance Disposal."
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2011 , 17:33   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.4.2/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1807

I think 2 points for a teleported player is waaaay too much. I play engie a lot myself and sometimes i get over a 100-200 teleports with one teleporter. Even 1 point would be too much. Would it be an option to add a decimal point? So we can set it to award 0.5 points for instance?
Old 08-05-2011 , 20:17   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.4.2/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1808

Column isn't a floating decimal iirc, so I don't think it'd work. If I remember right, they're all integer-based columns.

Rainicorn
Old 08-05-2011 , 22:53   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.4.2/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Have you checked if any settings in the website settings file should be tweaked for your change? Most likely, that's the problem.

Also, check the clocks on both servers. See what timezones they're set to.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post and trying to help me with this issue -- I really appreciate it. I can't figure it out. This thread has been so helpful to me in the past as well.

My webhost is based in California and my primary TF2 server is based in Dallas. The settings.php for my tracker has a time offset of 25200 to accommodate the time difference between both servers.

Before adding my second TF2 server, the "Who's Online" displayed users accurately.

My second TF2 server is based in California, so the time offset is affecting how those players appear on the "Who's Online" list. Players remain on that list hours after they've disconnected from the California TF2 server.

My concern is that if I change the time offset in the settings.php to accommodate the California TF2 server, then the list of "Who's Online" users being displayed from the Texas TF2 server will no longer be accurate.

Do you know if there is a way to adjust the timeoffset for specific servers with the webstats, and/or exempt a server from displaying users in the "Who's Online" list? I can't really think of any other solution to my problem.

I am also new to Sourcemod, so I do not know if there is a way to adjust the time setting for the server itself via that. If there was then I could just set both TF2 servers to run on California time.

Last edited by Rainicorn; 08-05-2011 at 23:04.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-05-2011 , 22:58   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v8.4.2/v7.3.0]
Reply With Quote #1810

Points are stored as an int so giving points as a float would be the wrong datatype.
This isn't really a problem as the MySQL table could be modified to use a float rather then an int. However SQLite doesn't support "advanced" table modifications, so that would be impossible.
Not the mention that a lot of the plugin would have to be changed to handle floats.

A possible solution is to give X points for every X players teleported. For example; every 10 teleports grants 5 points (for 0.5 points per teleport).

Rainicorn:
For exactly your problem:

Quote:
V8.3.1 - "Star Wars" Update
  • --snip--
  • Added a time offset cvar to the plugin to allow tweaking "last seen" times at the server level.
  • --snip--
The cvar is rank_time_offset