Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging

Post New Thread Reply   

Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-26-2010 , 14:29   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #81

Is there anyway to message someone who's not in the friend list? Like, choosing one from list who's currently online on the server?
Old 10-26-2010 , 14:33   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF|Skyrider View Post
Is there anyway to message someone who's not in the friend list? Like, choosing one from list who's currently online on the server?
Sort of - just add them to the friends list first

Everyone who's on the server should be listed in the "Add Friend" menu.
Old 10-26-2010 , 14:39   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #83

What if I wish to use:

pmusend username message? Then automatic adds the person in the friend list? (saying pmusend with the u standing for user)

Also, how does this plugin works between multiple servers? I have 3 servers, all 3 connected to the same database to use this system, but I only see the inbox of the message I send to myself in 1 server, which is the one I send the original message from.

Using MySQL btw.. I saw the restrictions of the other sql.

Also, Idea!
Any way there can be a welcome message to all new members?

Last edited by Skyrider; 10-26-2010 at 14:51.
Send a message via AIM to Skyrider Send a message via MSN to Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to Skyrider
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2010 , 14:54   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #84

As far as I remember, the messages are linked to steam IDs, so the same database should work on multiple servers.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-26-2010 , 14:57   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelgeby View Post
As far as I remember, the messages are linked to steam IDs, so the same database should work on multiple servers.
That's what I thought, but yet it doesn't work.
Old 10-26-2010 , 15:31   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
pmusend username message? Then automatic adds the person in the friend list? (saying pmusend with the u standing for user)
I'll consider adding a feature like that in the future - unfortunately I'm very busy at the moment (just started Uni).

Quote:
I only see the inbox of the message I send to myself in 1 server, which is the one I send the original message from.
This could be a problem with your SourceMod database configuration - there's nothing special about which server a message was sent from, they all get put in the same table. Double check that all the servers are definitely accessing the same tables of the same database. If the config is okay, try testing it again (in case you accidentally deleted the message before switching servers or something ). Also make sure you have a look at the consoles of the other servers, there could be DB-related error messages.

Quote:
Any way there can be a welcome message to all new members?
It should be possible to do this as an external plugin - set up a table to keep track of who's been sent a message (or set a SM cookie), and use the SendPrivateMessage function (as shown in the OP) to message them if they aren't already listed.

For example, try the following (totally untested) code. You need to compile it with signal.inc in the right place, and make sure you set SourceMod to store client cookies in the MySQL database:

PHP Code:
#include <sourcemod>
#include <clientprefs>
#include <signal>

new Handle:g_alreadySent;

public 
OnPluginStart() 
{

g_alreadySent RegClientCookie("welcomeSent""Has welcome message already been sent?"CookieAccess_Private);
}

public 
OnClientCookiesCached(client)
{

decl String:buf[5];

GetClientCookie(clientg_alreadySentbufsizeof(buf));

if(!
StrEqual(buf"yes")) {

decl String:authid[32];

GetClientAuthString(clientauthidsizeof(authid));

SendPrivateMessage("Greeter""#server.greeter"authid"Welcome to the server!");

SetClientCookie(clientg_alreadySent"yes");
    }

Old 10-26-2010 , 15:44   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #87

Thanks cone for the reply. Wanted to let you know that on both servers, the signal is fully loaded and working. I can send and receive PM's to myself on both servers but not seeing them in the other server, while I let it un-read on purpose.

I did an exact copy/paste of the files, so both servers are using the exact same database and config.
Old 10-26-2010 , 15:50   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #88

Could you post a copy of your databases.cfg file? (with the passwords blanked out of course)

Also if you've edited the Signal config file please post that as well.
Old 01-24-2011 , 12:18   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #89

Decided to report this just in case: I got my Game Server up and installed Signal back and am now getting a line like this every minute (as I conffed and there is no usage on Signal for now):
Code:
[signal.smx] [Signal] Database Query Error: 'Incorrect datetime value: '1295889184' for column 'lastSeen' at row 9'
"row #" changes sometimes.
Send a message via ICQ to rautamiekka Send a message via AIM to rautamiekka Send a message via MSN to rautamiekka Send a message via Yahoo to rautamiekka Send a message via Skype™ to rautamiekka
tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2011 , 05:11   Re: Signal PM System - MySQL/SQLite based in-game Private Messaging
Reply With Quote #90

Some things:

- Add Message System to !settings menu for clients so they can easily find it.
- Add an admin menu to the !admin menu for admins to administrate communications
- You might wanna ignore BOTS, which are currently being created aswell in the database: BOT Ron 0000-00-00 00:00:00
- Last seen seems to always set to 0000-00-00 00:00:00 in the database

Last edited by tcviper; 01-25-2011 at 05:21.
Send a message via MSN to tcviper