Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Deagles' Map Management 2.10i

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Monolyth
Old 08-21-2004 , 19:50  

If it is the first time starting the server you will get the mapvault.dat file not found error, because it hasn't created it yet.

Be sure to configure the plugin to your needs. (dmap_ commands)

The .amx goes into the plugins folder, the .sma is for people who want to mod the source and/or compile it on their own, if you don't know how to do this, chances are you don't need it

I find the documentation pretty easy to read. Of course I am very computer literate ;)
Cable Guy
Old 08-22-2004 , 07:48   ty

Hey thanks on the speedy reply.I did forget to do the dmap thing.
As far as the docs,I disagree,if one had never used the map chooser one would say what the heck is allmaps.txt?And,the line be sure to configure the dmap_commands isn't present.But hey,its been a while since I installed this plugin.

Thanks Ever So much,
Cable Guy,microsoft MCSA,comp tia A-Plus,Net-Plus,IBEW certified tele-data tech,intermediate journeyman wireman,Lucent,C-tech certified tech,
rollouts independant contractor
Send a message via MSN to Cable Guy
Cable Guy
Old 08-22-2004 , 12:28   well i did get it working

well i did get it working,but I had to copy allmap.txt to mapcycle.txt to work around the 14 maps displayed in listmaps,also it won't download help motd ,it says it is but doesn't,but hey this only temp till .20 is released.
FroXeN
Old 08-22-2004 , 16:12  

fix this***

If your one a custom map such as scoutz knivez and the 15 secounds to choose stuff comes up. It wont because there is no buytime.. same with the map aim_map_usp

http://Ms-Proxy.Com Join the fun!
Send a message via ICQ to FroXeN
Monolyth
Old 08-22-2004 , 17:26  

Quote:
fix this***
Firstly, I'm not inclined to help someone who comes on here and posts something like that.

Quote:
If your one a custom map such as scoutz knivez and the 15 secounds to choose stuff comes up. It wont because there is no buytime.. same with the map aim_map_usp
Secondly, please make your message readable, then maybe I can help you. As of right now I can't understand what you wrote and/or trying to say. I do understand if you aren't very competent in the english language, then it would be hard for you to post your problem here. Please try to find someone that speaks english fluently and explain your problem to them so they can give you the proper way of writing it. Thanks.
[Godmin] Gonzo
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-22-2004 , 17:48  

I think he means:

On some Custom Maps it is normal, that you don't have any freezetime and buytime set (like awp map). On such maps the vote does not come.
Send a message via ICQ to [Godmin] Gonzo
Cable Guy
Old 08-22-2004 , 18:06   cats

Cat lovers of the world unite!!!
Monolyth
Old 08-22-2004 , 20:26  

I do not have this problem on my server. We run scoutzknivez with no freeze time, and since there is no buytime it works just fine. Make sure your settings are correct in the map management plugin.
aceracer
Old 08-22-2004 , 21:27  

OK here is my problem monolyth. I hope you can help me. I posted this on here and you never got back to me, I am sure you have been busy though so no biggie.

If there is no one on my server to initiate a vote or even vote for a map when it comes up, it will pick the second map in my list...no matter what i do. It's not a map name specific, only specific to the second map in my mapcycle.txt. Still not sure what good allmaps.txt is since it only wantes to see my mapcycle. If map cycle.txt is not found, then there is no map name displayed when it says "next map"

Other wierd thing...and maybe this is how it is suppose to work?? But, for some reason, when map vote startes, I get 2 differant maps votes. One seems to come from standardmaps.ini and the second votes comes from mapchoice.ini. It's back to back voting. Is this suppose to happen. It used to only do one vote and include custom and standard maps together.
Monolyth
Old 08-22-2004 , 23:04  

You need to disable mapchooser.amx in your plugins.ini, this is probably also the cause of your 2nd map issue.
Closed Thread