Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[css] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)

Post New Thread Reply   

Lucky7
Old 09-23-2011 , 03:15   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #111

Ok so I am having some issues. This is what my voicecomm file looks like

// If enabled admins who die are allowed to talk with everyone.
// -
// Default: "1"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
sm_voicecomm_admovrd_death "1"

// If enabled admins who first join will be allowed to talk.
// -
sm_voicecomm_admovrd_firstjoin "1"

// If enabled admins speak with everyone on round start if they are a spectator.
// -
sm_voicecomm_admovrd_spectate "1"

// Enable or disable the messages: 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled
// -
sm_voicecomm_announce "1"

// Controls whether players will automatically be unmuted when rejoining or if previous mutes are enforced.
// -
sm_voicecomm_blockunmuteonreconnect "1"

// Controls hearing after death. 0 - Dead players do not hear alive players. 1 - Dead hear alive.
// -
sm_voicecomm_deadhearalive "1"

// Defines the team to mute if startmuted is enabled. In CS:S, 2=Terrorists, 3=CTs
// -
// Default: "2"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
// Maximum: "3.000000"
sm_voicecomm_mutedteam "2"

// Controls the length of time terrorists are muted starting from the beginning of the round.
// -
// Default: "29.0"
// Minimum: "2.500000"
sm_voicecomm_mutetime "29.0"

// Controls whether all talk is turned on between the time between rounds
// -
sm_voicecomm_roundendalltalk "0"

// Controls whether spectators are automatically muted. (Admins are exempt).
// -
sm_voicecomm_spectatormute "1"

// Controls whether a team starts the round muted.
// -
sm_voicecomm_startmuted "1"

// Controls talking when alive if deadtalk is set to -2. 0 - Players talk to both teams when alive, 1 - Players talk to only their teammates when alive
// -
// Default: "0"
sm_voicecomm_teamtalk "1"

sm_deadtalk -2

When I go to type in sm_deadtalk in console I get unknown command. I had the support people on game servers install it for me but still I can't seem to get anywhere. All I am trying to do is make it so that when dead the people dead can hear everyone. They can't communicate back but can hear them, as well as they can talk among the dead. Can you please help me?
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2011 , 07:12   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #112

Alright your config looks fine except if you're running a jail you need sm_voicecomm_teamtalk set to 0. If you're not running jail then you don't need to have a team start muted: sm_voicecomm_startmuted 0.

If you can't enter sm_deadtalk then the resolution is simple: install basecomm 1.3.8 or later. It should come pre-installed for a SourceMod installation. You can type "sm plugins list" in the server console to list all plugins which are currently running.
Old 09-23-2011 , 10:15   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #113

when I type in sm plugins list it does show it. sorry i am really new to a lot of this... i know what i want but really am learning as i go what a lot of this means. what do you mean when you say "running a jail"?
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2011 , 16:39   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
when I type in sm plugins list it does show it. sorry i am really new to a lot of this... i know what i want but really am learning as i go what a lot of this means. what do you mean when you say "running a jail"?
Ok, navigate to your orangebox/modroot/cfg/sourcemod/ directory and find the basecomm.cfg file. Verify there is an sm_deadtalk cvar in there for you to modify. Then exit basecomm.cfg and go to voicecomm.cfg and add the line "sm_deadtalk -2" to the end of the config. Then go into the game and see what the deadtalk value is.

Jail = jailbreak. I will be removing the start muted settings from this eventually because hosties has rightly taken that code. If you're not running a jailbreak server or don't know what it is then you should not have the start muted cvar set to 1. What this does is mutes only one team for the first 30 seconds of each round; which is not desired in nearly every other play type besides jailbreak.

Also, if you're brand new, note that the commands in the server console are not the same as any client console. For instance, to change sm_deadtalk if you're in the game you need to use the command: 'sm_cvar sm_deadtalk -2', or from a chat message '!cvar sm_deadtalk -2' but if you just type in 'sm_deadtalk -2' from the client console that it will say it's not valid or unrecognized. You can get the value by typing in '!cvar sm_deadtalk' or 'sm_cvar sm_deadtalk' in console. The 's should not be included in the actual commands.
Old 09-23-2011 , 16:56   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #115

ok so maybe this is my problem... i don't have this basecomm file... granted most my installs have been done by the server people. ok so what do i need to install to get this done? thanks in advance, i know i would not have such patience to deal with people like me.
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2011 , 18:07   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
ok so maybe this is my problem... i don't have this basecomm file... granted most my installs have been done by the server people. ok so what do i need to install to get this done? thanks in advance, i know i would not have such patience to deal with people like me.
oops.. you will also find out that we're not always right.. in this case, there isn't a basecomm.cfg that I could find on my server either. It doesn't automatically generate a config for the basecomm. As long as it shows up in the 'sm plugins list' and the version is 1.3.7 or higher then you're in good shape.

So from here you should try to see what the current value of sm_deadtalk is by using the commands I said in my last post and report back what the results were. If you see it is something *besides* -2 then just add 'sm_deadtalk -2' on a separate line in your voicecomm.cfg file and you'll be set.
Old 09-23-2011 , 22:09   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #117

ok so sm_cvar sm_deadtalk -2 helped me fix the issue of when dead the 2 teams can talk to each other. how about making it so when dead they can hear everyone? dead or alive?
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2011 , 06:57   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
ok so sm_cvar sm_deadtalk -2 helped me fix the issue of when dead the 2 teams can talk to each other. how about making it so when dead they can hear everyone? dead or alive?
It looks like you've got that one set already:

Quote:
sm_voicecomm_deadhearalive 1
is still in your voicecomm.cfg, correct? Check the value of it in game using the same techniques you used with the sm_deadtalk cvar and report back what value it says it is in the game versus what value it's set to in the config.
Old 09-25-2011 , 08:37   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #119

Thanks for the approval criticism welcome too
Old 09-26-2011 , 10:54   Re: [ANY] Advanced Voice Communications (Dead All Talk)
Reply With Quote #120

ok when dead the dead players can hear all other dead players and their own team alive... how can i change it so that they can hear all the players dead and alive on both teams?