Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

nergal
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2013 , 15:02   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I should note that all the compressed files I uploaded earlier include the Easter boss. I probably should have kept it out and put it in a separate VPK; there are already zips for the standard and bz2 files for it.

I'll probably create new zips and VPKs when I get home. I may also make SteamPipe compatible VPKs... the ones that have _dir files and _001, _002, etc... This system allows you to add files to a VPK, which in reality just updates the _dir and adds another VPK file (i.e. like _003). This would provide a way to easily add things to the base VPK at a later date.
so valve has allowed .VPK's to be downloaded?
Old 08-02-2013 , 15:18   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
so valve has allowed .VPK's to be downloaded?
Nope, VPK is for the server-side only.
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2013 , 18:01   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Nope, VPK is for the server-side only.
that's the funny part; i figured out how gameservers.com makes their download servers

which is just a redirect to the server; so that's how my download server is; just my server.

so basically, I just put the .VPK in the server and leave the .bz2s in the server and delete the unzipped files?
Old 08-04-2013 , 07:50   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

I've tried VPKs for files that go on the server (so that the server doesn't have crud-tons of loose files), and it seems like a good idea. At the very least, moving all the files to tf/custom/saxton_hale/...., would probably be good to do. The best part is I don't think I have to change anything in the plugin, you can just move the models/materials/etc to that folder and it's fine. At most, I'll have to change FileExists() to FileExists(,true).

I'll probably change up the first post to have VPKs for server install, as well as loose files for download (bz2s if you use a fastdownload server, but normal files if you do not, as I believe clients then download directly from the server).

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 08-04-2013 at 07:51.
GunSpeed
Old 08-04-2013 , 08:22   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

I read a readme file in vsh142_eastermodels that says:
Quote:
The 'materials' and 'models' folder go in the tf/ folder.
Isn't models suppose to be inside materials? or it's correct? I went and checked my PC tf, there is no models in root game folder, its inside materials.

**update**

It seems there is! Ok why?

tf/materials/models vs tf/models

Whats the purpose target there?

Still digging!

Last edited by GunSpeed; 08-04-2013 at 09:36. Reason: update
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-04-2013 , 14:05   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
I've tried VPKs for files that go on the server (so that the server doesn't have crud-tons of loose files), and it seems like a good idea. At the very least, moving all the files to tf/custom/saxton_hale/...., would probably be good to do. The best part is I don't think I have to change anything in the plugin, you can just move the models/materials/etc to that folder and it's fine. At most, I'll have to change FileExists() to FileExists(,true).

I'll probably change up the first post to have VPKs for server install, as well as loose files for download (bz2s if you use a fastdownload server, but normal files if you do not, as I believe clients then download directly from the server).
You already put VPKs in the first post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunSpeed View Post
I read a readme file in vsh142_eastermodels that says:

Isn't models suppose to be inside materials? or it's correct? I went and checked my PC tf, there is no models in root game folder, its inside materials.

**update**

It seems there is! Ok why?

tf/materials/models vs tf/models

Whats the purpose target there?

Still digging!
models/ are where the models are located.
materials/models/ are where the textures that go on the models are located.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-04-2013 at 14:09.
pizzahut
Old 08-06-2013 , 08:56   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

There seems to be a bug (reported by nergal): https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...46#post2006546

The weird thing is, the VSH server I admin (not nergal's) didn't crash since its daily restart, 8 hours uptime right now. I'm using the same version too, v1.42.

So I'm a bit puzzled why for nergal it's crashing and for me it's not.

nergal, did you possibly skip point 8 of the installation instructions?

Quote:
Download "saxtonhale.smx" from this post's attachments, which fixes some stuff in 1.42 but doesn't change the version number.

Last edited by pizzahut; 08-06-2013 at 09:07.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-06-2013 , 09:43   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzahut View Post
There seems to be a bug (reported by nergal): https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...46#post2006546
There is another interesting one here: https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=5835
Old 08-06-2013 , 11:16   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzahut View Post

The weird thing is, the VSH server I admin (not nergal's) didn't crash since its daily restart, 8 hours uptime right now. I'm using the same version too, v1.42.

So I'm a bit puzzled why for nergal it's crashing and for me it's not.

nergal, did you possibly skip point 8 of the installation instructions?
because I have too many plugins and modification

If you haven't noticed, my hale plugin is very modified, it'll take days to upgrade because I have to transfer alot of coding from mine to the next one, so I'm not updating unless it's an upgrade.

however the crashes Ash's latest tf2items found wasn't from my code additioning, it was from a part of code that addressed empty quotes for OnGiveNamed weapons.
Old 08-06-2013 , 11:27   Re: VS Saxton Hale Mode, main thread (current v1.42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
There is another interesting one here: https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=5835
Great, but what's causing it? Is it a bug in VSH, SDKHooks, or SDKTools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
because I have too many plugins and modification

If you haven't noticed, my hale plugin is very modified, it'll take days to upgrade because I have to transfer alot of coding from mine to the next one, so I'm not updating unless it's an upgrade.
If FF2 was currently being actively maintained, this would be where I point out that you're using the wrong plugin and you know it.

Hopefully I'll get some time to start working on a rewrite of the plugin's actual guts instead of just dinking around with moving the Queue to a separate plugin* and moving the Weapon configuration system to an external file.

* In theory, VSH could have the queue moved to a separate plugin as well and use the same default queue plugin.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-06-2013 at 11:30.
Closed Thread