Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2 Request] Weapon Blender

Post New Thread Reply   

TinyDeskEngineer
Old 05-06-2023 , 14:35   [TF2 Request] Weapon Blender
Reply With Quote #1

I was playing TF2 when I thought of the idea of a plugin that would allow players to take two (or possibly more) weapons and add their stats together into one weapon. Basically, stats like "No random crits", "Fires projectiles instead of bullets", or "Deals crits to wet enemies" would be added to the new weapon's stats, and stats like "+10% damage" or "-15% attack speed" would, if stats are on multiple weapons, have their percentages added together and then applied to the new weapon. So if one weapon has +10% damage, and another has +5% damage, the new weapon would have +15% damage. Would such a thing be possible with a plugin? I'd love to have something like that on my private server.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2023 , 15:32   Re: [TF2 Request] Weapon Blender
Reply With Quote #2

Yes.

Consider using either the [TF2Items] Give Weapon plugin by FlaminSarge (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1337899) or the [TF2] Gimme plugin by me (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=335644). Both plugins support the creation of weapons with custom stats.

1. Install either plugin with their requisite dependencies.
2. Use the attribute wiki page to determine which attributes to add to your new weapons. Link: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/L...tem_attributes
3. Add or edit the /sourcemod/config/tf2items.givecustom.txt file to include your custom weapons. Both plugins use this format. It should look something like this:
PHP Code:
"custom_give_weapons_vlolz"
{

"9999"

{

"classname"        "tf_weapon_rocketlauncher"
        "index"        "228"
        "slot"        "0"
        "quality"        "6"
        "level"        "29"
        "attribs"        "134 ; 19"
        "ammo"        "20"

}

"1304"

{

"classname"        "tf_weapon_knife"
        "index"        "225"
        "slot"        "2"
        "quality"        "6"
        "level"        "2"
        "attribs"        "215 ; 9999.0 ; 1 ; 0.5"
        "ammo"        "-1"

}

4. To receive the item you created just use the appropriate command (depends on which plugin you installed), like !gimme 9999 or !giveitem (target) 1304

I should note that the same process is used to create cosmetics with custom stats. Just use tf_wearable as the classname, slot 8 and ammo of -1.

Last edited by PC Gamer; 05-06-2023 at 15:36.
TinyDeskEngineer
Old 05-06-2023 , 17:21   Re: [TF2 Request] Weapon Blender
Reply With Quote #3

I actually already have the Gimme plugin installed on my server. I was more thinking of a plugin that would allow any player on the server to give themselves a weapon blend using whichever weapons they wish without requiring me to create a custom weapon for them first.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2023 , 16:43   Re: [TF2 Request] Weapon Blender
Reply With Quote #4

I'm not aware of any method that allows you to view the static attribute properties of an item. I wish I knew how to do that with scripting. I can test for a specific static attribute, but I don't know how to cycle/view all current static attributes. It's my guess that you'd have to first determine which attributes each item has before 'blending' them. Unfortunately I don't know how to do what with stock (unedited) weapons.
TinyDeskEngineer
Old 05-07-2023 , 19:29   Re: [TF2 Request] Weapon Blender
Reply With Quote #5

Don't allow stock weapons in item combinations I guess? They don't have any stats, so including them in a weapon blend wouldn't have any effect on the final result.
TinyDeskEngineer
Old 05-10-2023 , 21:12   Re: [TF2 Request] Weapon Blender
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
I'm not aware of any method that allows you to view the static attribute properties of an item. I wish I knew how to do that with scripting. I can test for a specific static attribute, but I don't know how to cycle/view all current static attributes. It's my guess that you'd have to first determine which attributes each item has before 'blending' them. Unfortunately I don't know how to do what with stock (unedited) weapons.
Someone recently told me that TF2 Econ Data can be used by a plugin to read a weapon's static attributes.