Post New Thread Reply   

olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2009 , 18:58   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
'Problem'? It's a feature that is not easy to code in p_p

The team that lets multiple Smokers in their midst and then camps it out DESERVES IT.
Well, when one part of team is blind from boomers and others fight the horde and hunters, its quite easy, especially if its 10 vs 10 massacre I think you will shot me for this , but is it possible of adding cvar so you can turn stacking on and off? Anyway, thanx for your job, i'll grab new version right now
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2009 , 19:23   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #22

Ok it works almost perfectly now. The error
"Entity info_particle_system(L4DParticle) is ambiguously parented to cake, because there is more than one entity by that name."
appeared again though. Also when damaging temp hp it substracts "damage+2" instead of just "damage". Is it a typo? Also can you remove that DisplayDamageEffect SDK call from your boomer splash plugin, so it would be possible to use those two together wout screwing things? Thanx.

It deals damage + 2 to temp hp no matter what.

Ok, i set l4d_cloud_damage_damage to 1. It deals 2 dmg to temp health. Mb theres something wrong with damage formula?

I figured it out. It deals exact amount of l4d_cloud_damage_damage to usual health, and adds more damage to temp health. I dont know why though.

I changed line SetEntPropFloat(target, Prop_Send, "m_healthBuffer", (temphp - damagefloat)); to SetEntPropFloat(target, Prop_Send, "m_healthBuffer", (temphp - damagefloat+2)); all seems to be working fine now. It deals exact damage for both types of hp.

Last edited by olj; 07-08-2009 at 20:06.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2009 , 07:14   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #23

I had to add the +2 to m_iHealth because it looks like The health integer is rounded down or something, and/or the damage is rounded up.

This might not fit for Temp Damage (being a Float), so maybe this is right.

Boomer Splash does not contain any HUD effect, since you wouldn't see it anyway. The problem was elsewhere, i ended the hooked player_death event action with return Plugin_Handled instead of return Plugin_Continue, which breaks all ingame afterdeath-effects (??!!) and killing messages. I fixed it.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2009 , 09:51   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #24

Thanx, actually when i changed (temphp - damagefloat)) to (temphp - damagefloat+2)) it works as it should. I will test it more ingame with crowd of players =)
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2009 , 10:05   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #25

New version 1.4 adds another exciting (or excrutiating, depends on viewpoint) feature

Smoker Cloud Melee Fatigue! Hanging out in a Smokers Fumes now not only induces damage, but also causes instant Melee Fatigue should you melee anything!
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2009 , 11:20   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #26

WOW...that will make survivors' life hell
GrossKopf
Old 07-09-2009 , 12:54   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
New version 1.4 adds another exciting (or excrutiating, depends on viewpoint) feature

Smoker Cloud Melee Fatigue! Hanging out in a Smokers Fumes now not only induces damage, but also causes instant Melee Fatigue should you melee anything!
Cool.. updating my server now!
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2009 , 16:36   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #28

Works nice, though i had to set (hardhp-damage+2)) and (temphp - damagefloat+2)) to do exact damage i stated in cfg.
Naow
Old 07-09-2009 , 17:43   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #29

I like the update , but I will only use the melee fatigue and not the damage , because I can't remove the hint above the crosshair Could you create to cvar to enable/disable hint please ?

Thanks
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2009 , 18:03   Re: Smoker Cloud Damage
Reply With Quote #30

Just edit source code and remove PrintCenterText(target, "You're suffering from a Smoker Cloud!"); or just comment it.