Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

fluffys
Old 10-07-2017 , 14:41   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2701

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
It's so nice that you're taking the time to update this and make quality changes....but why do unnecessary things like hard coding skillgroups with ridiculous names but still leaving the flatfile and adding things to existing database tables that make it difficult to merge existing DBs to this updated fork?

I know that this was designed for your community, and no one is required to use it, but if you're spending all this time to make changes and then releasing it to the public, why not make it as simple and customizable as possible, especially when it comes to already existing features that have no current issues, when there are SO MANY issues with ckSurf that actually could use the kinda effort you've put in.

Thank you for all your hard work. I'm sorry if this came off the wrong way, I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just genuinely curious why you would put all this effort in to actually make certain things more difficult when they never had issues to begin with.
I think changing the ranks was the first thing I did when I first started the project, so at the time it was easier for me to just hard code new ranks I wanted rather than make it customisable, I also really hate the percentage based system in normal ckSurf.

It wouldn't be too difficult to re-implement the file based system but I don't have a solution for how people want the ranks to actually work in terms of X rank or Y points or Z percentage etc.

I'll have a look though, also feel free to list the issues you have with ckSurf.
Exxelence
Old 10-07-2017 , 15:35   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2702

Hey ppl!

I was looking all over this forum to find a solution for my issue, but couldn't find something quite satisfying.
My issue mainly deals with cksurf's bot engine. It happens that when i run multiple servers, the bot wouldn't of course update on each of them, as a new record has been taken. Unfortunately, this is a lot of work to copy and paste those on each server, apart from spotting 'em first. The next thing is that the bot engine causes a lot of troubles when it comes to speed boosts. It doesn't work properly.
Can some mastermind give me (as a non coding expert - in fact i'm a total noob ^^) an explaination or detailed information on how to solve this issue? I'd be rly thankful!

Best, Exx

charmechulo
Old 10-08-2017 , 15:40   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2703

Hi, i am having a problem with the server...
The error logs are ok...and the server is running good...

but the server dont record the player points...players never get points and that stuff...

The database connection is good...
someone have a idea?
Samatazz
Old 10-10-2017 , 03:47   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxelence View Post
Hey ppl!

I was looking all over this forum to find a solution for my issue, but couldn't find something quite satisfying.
My issue mainly deals with cksurf's bot engine. It happens that when i run multiple servers, the bot wouldn't of course update on each of them, as a new record has been taken. Unfortunately, this is a lot of work to copy and paste those on each server, apart from spotting 'em first. The next thing is that the bot engine causes a lot of troubles when it comes to speed boosts. It doesn't work properly.
Can some mastermind give me (as a non coding expert - in fact i'm a total noob ^^) an explaination or detailed information on how to solve this issue? I'd be rly thankful!

Best, Exx
Only way to fix the updating of bots on multiple servers is to symlink the folders across all the servers if you're running on a dedicated. And You cant fix the bots unless you actually know how to code and as far as i know most bots are dodgy anyway so im not too sure if you can fix them completly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmechulo View Post
Hi, i am having a problem with the server...
The error logs are ok...and the server is running good...

but the server dont record the player points...players never get points and that stuff...

The database connection is good...
someone have a idea?
Check all the map names are in the correct files. ckSurf calculates points based on the mapcycle file (or a custom file). If you have the ck_multi_server_maplist enabled you have to make sure every map you're running is in that file (inside addons/sourcemod/configs/cksurf/) otherwise just make sure your maplist and mapcycle have every map you're running aswell
michaelrw
Old 10-13-2017 , 12:21   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2705

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
It's so nice that you're taking the time to update this and make quality changes....but why do unnecessary things like hard coding skillgroups with ridiculous names but still leaving the flatfile and adding things to existing database tables that make it difficult to merge existing DBs to this updated fork?

I know that this was designed for your community, and no one is required to use it, but if you're spending all this time to make changes and then releasing it to the public, why not make it as simple and customizable as possible, especially when it comes to already existing features that have no current issues, when there are SO MANY issues with ckSurf that actually could use the kinda effort you've put in.

Thank you for all your hard work. I'm sorry if this came off the wrong way, I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just genuinely curious why you would put all this effort in to actually make certain things more difficult when they never had issues to begin with.
wish someone would do this who was using it for bhop and would take the time to add bhop styles.. oh to dream
WarCat
Old 10-21-2017 , 22:40   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2706

Hi guys my mate has (я∂ •) is his name. The server bot would save his name and time but nothing happens to local times. It's like he never completed the map or played on the server. Also I get this error:

[ckSurf.smx] [ckSurf] SQL Error (SQL_CheckCallback): Incorrect string value: '\xD1\x8F\xE2\x88\x82 ...' for column 'name' at row 1

In ck_playertimes his name box was empty. When I deleted the time and he changed his name to normal letters it appeared.

How do I fix it so people with weird symbols get times and appear in !top as well as in ck_playertimes?
of_thunder
Old 11-13-2017 , 19:09   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2707

does not work retry .
no bot ....
how to enable bot?
of_thunder
Old 11-14-2017 , 00:06   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2708

-nobots off and bot activited) np
Zeddy_god
Old 11-14-2017 , 17:04   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2709

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCat View Post
Hi guys my mate has (я∂ •) is his name. The server bot would save his name and time but nothing happens to local times. It's like he never completed the map or played on the server. Also I get this error:

[ckSurf.smx] [ckSurf] SQL Error (SQL_CheckCallback): Incorrect string value: '\xD1\x8F\xE2\x88\x82 ...' for column 'name' at row 1

In ck_playertimes his name box was empty. When I deleted the time and he changed his name to normal letters it appeared.

How do I fix it so people with weird symbols get times and appear in !top as well as in ck_playertimes?
+1, have the same issue.
Old 11-18-2017 , 00:01   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #2710

when you drop weapons and knife while using these players, they all turn into mannequin with arms straight out to side and their is no player animations when they move and jump. I have tried changing the default models to somethig different, but they all do it. Only showed proper animation when I used custom models applied by Store mod (using Deadpool model, for example)