[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-07-2013 , 18:54   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_BoG View Post
Apparently people can do !propmenu <path/to/prop.*> and turn into the prop, regardless of the propmenu is set to admin only.
To reiterate:

ph_propmenu -1 means no players can use the propmenu command
ph_propmenu 0 means players with the kick permission or the propmenu override can use the propmenu command. Giving a propmenu override of "" will allow all players to use it, so don't do that.
ph_propmenu 1 means all players can use the propmenu command

I just tested ph_propmenu 0 on my server with a propmenu override of "b". My test account had the "a" permission only. It didn't have access to !propmenu. My regular account had the "z" permission and did have access to !propmenu.

When I change my test accounts permission to "b" it has access to !propmenu.

After testing, I did check in a small change to the code, but that was just to add some optional parentheses for clarity.

To be honest, I may change it later to disallow specifying props on the actual command, since it allows you to use arbitrary props not used with Prop Hunt.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-07-2013 at 19:15.
Toasteh teh toast
Old 06-10-2013 , 14:47   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1022

I cant seem to get prophunt working heres what it says in the console
[SM] Plugin admin-flatfile.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin adminhelp.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin adminmenu.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin antiflood.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin autoupdate.smx failed to load: Unable to open file.
[SM] Plugin basebans.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basechat.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basecomm.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basecommands.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basetriggers.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basevotes.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin clientprefs.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin funcommands.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin funvotes.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin nextmap.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin playercommands.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin reservedslots.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Loaded plugin soap_tf2dm.smx successfully.
[SM] Plugin sounds.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin PropHunt unloaded successfully.
Idk how to get prophunt to load successfully any help would be nice
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-10-2013 , 16:01   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasteh teh toast View Post
I cant seem to get prophunt working heres what it says in the console
[SM] Plugin admin-flatfile.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin adminhelp.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin adminmenu.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin antiflood.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin autoupdate.smx failed to load: Unable to open file.
[SM] Plugin basebans.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basechat.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basecomm.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basecommands.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basetriggers.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin basevotes.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin clientprefs.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin funcommands.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin funvotes.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin nextmap.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin playercommands.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin reservedslots.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Loaded plugin soap_tf2dm.smx successfully.
[SM] Plugin sounds.smx is already loaded.
[SM] Plugin PropHunt unloaded successfully.
Idk how to get prophunt to load successfully any help would be nice
I can think of a few reasons Prop Hunt will unload:

1. You loaded a non-arena (arena_, ph_, or vsh_) map.
2. You're missing the Prop Hunt data files. I posted new versions of those a few pages back, in with the 2.02 release I think.
Prop Hunt currently only works on arena maps, such as those starting with arena_, ph_, and vsh_.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2013 , 19:27   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1024

Due to SDKHooks-related crashes in SourceMod 1.5, we recommend using SourceMod 1.5.1 or newer.

Here are the files and things you need to install PropHunt.

Note: Not everything here was done by me, nor am I claiming it was. In addition to my own changes, I've collected changes by other members into a single set of files.

PropHunt version: 2.09

Requirements:
  • SoureMod 1.5.1 recommended
  • SDKHooks (included with 1.5)
  • PropHunt Resources Pack (Link) - Contains maps and sounds. This 7z file is around 400MB.
  • PropHunt Data Pack (Link) - Contains translations and map configs
Optional:
Installation:
  1. Install MetaMod: Source and SourceMod.
  2. If you are using SourceMod 1.4, download SDKHooks and install it.
  3. Optionally download and install SteamTools on your server.
  4. Upload the contents of PHResourcePack to either the main tf/ directory, or to tf/custom/prophunt/. If you use the latter, copy mapcycle-prophunt.txt to tf/
  5. Upload the contents of PHDataPack to the main tf/ directory.
  6. Put the attached prophunt.smx into addons/sourcemod/plugins/
  7. If you have a fastdownload mirror, compress the map files to bz2 files and upload them to the fast download server.
What's new in 2.09:
  • Fix for stats.inc related code... binary file provided here has no changes except version bump.
What's new in 2.08:
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to unfreeze by changing classes prior to Setup starting.
  • Pre-Round now only covers from from when teamplay_round_start fires to when arena_round_start fires, rather than counting from the end of the round.
  • Respawning during Pre-Round will freeze you.
  • Round Over now covers from round end (or the start of the map) to Setup end of the next round. It used to cover from the end of the map instead of the start... this is an attempt to fix the freezing issue mentioned by VoiDeD earlier.
  • All players are frozen at the start of pre-round. RED players are unfrozen when pre-round ends. BLU players are unfrozen when pre-round ends if the map config has "freeze" "0". All players unfreeze when Setup ends (but that's how all the 2.0x versions work).
  • Removed ph_stripsetbonuses since said set bonuses went away.
  • Internal changes to how velocity is looked up... now uses GetEntProp.
  • Updated prophunt_config.cfg (and PHDataPack)! The changes this time around include:
    • Loose Cannon has been removed. Not sure how this escaped the ax before, and now it's been buffed...
    • Frontier Justice (normal and festive) has had its damage boosted slightly so its not a straight downgrade from the Shotgun.
    • Respectless Rubber Glove has had its damage removed... I don't think that worked, but I'm removing it just in case. (Seriously, who added that and why?)
    • Restriction on Jumper's Jeepcap removed.

What's new in 2.07:

• Prop Hunt now generates a config file: cfg/sourcemod/prophunt.cfg. This is a breaking change because it means any existing setting for ph_propmenu will be ignored. Make sure to update this configuration file after it's created. I've attached a sample config file, too, if you want to edit it before putting it on (but be aware it matches my server's settings not the default)
  • Fixed issue where function for fixing BLU players was passed a client index when setup time started; the function expects client userids. This may fix issues where BLU players were not unfreezing correctly.
  • Switched function for fixing RED players to use userids to prevent errors when a player disconnects before the timer fires.
  • New Cvar: ph_gamedescription. Default 1. If set to 1 and SteamTools is installed on the server, it changes the game description to Prop Hunt. ph_adtext is ignored if this is set to 0.
  • New Optional Dependency: TF2Attributes. Required for the next two CVars.
  • New Cvar: ph_stripsetbonuses. Requires TF2Attributes. Defaults to 1. Strips all attributes that are set directly on players. Mainly for set attributes, such as the Milkman Scout health bonus and Attendant Pyro speed bonus, but could affect attributes set by other plugins. Has no effect on attributes set on weapons.
  • New Cvar: ph_preventfalldamage. Requires TF2Attributes. Defaults to 0. If set to 1, prevents all players from taking fall damage. Set to 0 by default for compatibility reasons.
What's new in 2.06 (2.05 was skipped due to version conflicts):
  • Fixed issue with tf_arena_round_time not being forced to 0.
What's new in 2.04:
  • Really fixed team_control_point master not having names on ph_devilscanyon and others.
What's new in 2.03:
  • Failed fix for team_control_point master not having names on ph_devilscanyon and others.
What's new in 2.0.2:
  • Fixed Prop Hunt automatically disabling the TF2 auto-balancer.
  • Explicitly hooked Prop Hunt's timer's OnSetupFinished instead of the teamplay_setup_finished event. Fixes issue where Setup time was cut short on some maps (such as ph_kakariko).
What's new since 1.93:

Plugin changes:
  • Prop Hunt no longer does its own balancing. You should use mp_autobalance 1 or a third-party team balancer.
  • ph_propmenu_flag is gone. Use the SourceMod Overrides system for "propmenu" instead, although be aware this only works if ph_propmenu is set to 0. You can also override ph_pyro and ph_switch using their respective command names.
  • All canteens are removed from Scouts, not just the original MvM one. They are also not removed from Pyros like they used to be.
  • Calling propmenu from the server console or rcon no longer causes PropHunt to stop working.
  • Prop offsets now work from propmenu instead of being random.
  • The first 30 seconds of the round now show up as Setup time. This means players can now tell when the round will start.
  • The game now ends at 0:00 instead of 0:01. Also, teams are not switched until right before the next round starts.
  • Announcer no longer tells you the point was unlocked.

The weapons list has been updated with the latest weapon changes to TF2.

PropHunt Resources Pack has new maps:
  • ph_cchotel_b3 - A large 3-story hotel with a few secrets. This map is low on ammo refills. Created by Beetle.
  • ph_hanger18_b7 - A medium-sized warehouse and surrounding areas where a radioactive UFO has crash landed. Created by combatfetus, who also did ph_cargo
  • ph_hilltop_a2 - A smallish (maybe medium-sized) circular-shaped map that is a building site.
  • ph_kakariko_b1 - A medium-large Legend of Zelda-based map. A port of the light-side of cp_kakariko to Prop Hunt. Lots of props are scattered around the maps, but prop players will still find themselves running. A lot. Which this map is very good for. Created by Beetle.
  • ph_manor_event_a1 - A smaller prop hunt map that is the mansion part of cp_manor_event, but a few rooms that were closed up before are now open.
  • ph_manorgrounds_a3 - A larger prop hunt map that is the rest of cp_manor_event, but with some newer areas. Created by luvedragon.
  • ph_target_final - A tiny prop hunt map that's based on tr_target. Warning: Some things that look solid actually aren't.
  • ph_tundra_b5 - A port of arena_tundra_b3 to Prop Hunt. This map has a few places that are difficult for Scouts to reach unless they have the Atomizer...
  • ph_watermill_a1 - A port of koth_watermill to Prop Hunt. This map has a lot of water in the mid region, but also has lots of nooks and crannies for props to hide in.
Prop Hunt Resources Pack has updated versions of old maps:
  • arena_desolation_rc1
PropHunt Data Pack has had some changes, too:
  • The prop names file has been completely reworked and isn't compatible with 1.x versions of the plugin. The game mode can now determine which prop of identically named props is which.
  • A number of props have had their offsets properly set so that they no longer sink into the ground.
  • Cut Kakariko's map time by 30 seconds, because seeking time of 4:30 is way too long.
  • A few props that didn't make sense on their respective maps have been replaced, such as the train on
  • Chimney props have had their props lowered slightly so they sink into things they're sitting on. No map in the game has them sitting on top of a surface like that.
  • Redstone, Manor Event, Range, and Target have had some major work done on their prop lists because they just sucked. Range still needs more work.
  • The control point has been removed from every map config it was in. The game mode already adds the control point, no fair making players twice as likely to get stuck with it.
  • Maps with the same prop listed more than once have not had those duplicates removed. This means you're still twice as likely to become a wood pile on Brawl, for instance.
  • Watermill is missing a config file because I've been too lazy to see what props it has on it and no one seems to actually have one for it.
  • Renamed arena_mapcycle.txt to mapcycle_prophunt.txt and then updated it. Note that not all maps included in the download are on the mapcycle due to either bugs or other issues (coughrangecough)

Source Code is available on GitHub, including changes not yet merged into the latest version.
Attached Files
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (35.0 KB, 440 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 273 views - 77.3 KB)
File Type: 7z prophunt_config.7z (5.9 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-30-2013 at 13:09.
Research
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-17-2013 , 22:50   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
What's new since 1.9.3:

Plugin changes:
  • Prop Hunt no longer does its own balancing. You should use mp_autobalance 1 or a third-party team balancer.
Powerload, can you recommend team balancer plugin for prophunt?
I don't know what balance plugin is good plugin
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2013 , 23:03   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research View Post
Powerload, can you recommend team balancer plugin for prophunt?
I don't know what balance plugin is good plugin
Well, the default TF2 balancer (mp_autobalance 1) isn't bad... it balances players between rounds as long as you have mp_teams_unbalance_limit set to 1 (which is the default).

Oh yeah, the reason we got rid of balancing is because it always had one more player on BLU than on RED and it had a nasty tendency to balance the same person every round if the teams were uneven. The default TF2 balancer allows you to have mp_teams_unbalance_limit more players on one team than on the other and prevents players who haven't joined a team from joining the team with more players.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-17-2013 at 23:09.
captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-18-2013 , 14:04   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1027

Sweet Imma throw this at port 27032's face and be all like "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

Also adding custom props, howdo?
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-18-2013 , 15:08   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1028

So, the person who made ph_kakariko has told me that he'll be releasing a new version of ph_kakariko at some point after he fixes issues with the cp version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman315 View Post
Sweet Imma throw this at port 27032's face and be all like "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

Also adding custom props, howdo?
It's possible to add custom props by adding them to the text files in addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/. There's a file for each supported map there.

The problem is that doesn't actually add the props to the maps (those are compiled into the map), so those props would only be applied to players. Which makes it obvious they're a player.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-18-2013 at 15:08.
captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-18-2013 , 17:09   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
So, the person who made ph_kakariko has told me that he'll be releasing a new version of ph_kakariko at some point after he fixes issues with the cp version.

It's possible to add custom props by adding them to the text files in addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/. There's a file for each supported map there.

The problem is that doesn't actually add the props to the maps (those are compiled into the map), so those props would only be applied to players. Which makes it obvious they're a player.
Oh I know. I would love to see a tardis/pony running around. It for the lulz.
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-18-2013 , 17:22   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman315 View Post
Oh I know. I would love to see a tardis/pony running around. It for the lulz.
Unfortunately, the only way to add a specific prop to all maps without editing every file is to edit the plugin directly. I might change that at some point.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-18-2013 at 17:22.