Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Physics related crashes?

Post New Thread Reply   

sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-28-2016 , 13:50   [CS:GO] Physics related crashes?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys, I've been battling intermittent crashes on my CS:GO minigames server for the better part of a year now, to no avail. These crashes don't seem to have any rhyme or reason to them, and can happen once a day, or once a week, which is frustrating. Minigames is a very niche gametype, so population is generally sparse, however when there are people in the server, it's always frustrating to lose that population with a server crash.

The plugins I run on the server are nothing special, the majority of them I run on other servers without issue. The few unique plugins to this server that I run, I have removed at times and the crashes still occur. I'm running the latest SM & MM versions, (mostly) latest versions of plugins & exts, no error logs, nothing conclusive in debug log, etc etc. There are no particular maps it consistently crashes on, no minidumps to work with, and only a select few accelerator crash dumps, which are ancient (and possibly unrelated):

https://crash.limetech.org/zs3ydnxpof4s
https://crash.limetech.org/gx5ebpnf5eln

Most of the crashes do not result in accelerator dumps. Here's SM/MM versions, plugins and exts list:

Spoiler

My theory: I'm fairly convinced plugins are not at fault. The crashes generally seem to happen during gameplay (almost never on map load, if not at all). A lot of these maps have rotating objects, teleporters, timers, other triggers, and many other physics items. I'm assuming these crashes are related to physics items? Does anyone else have any ideas, or possibly have experienced the same kind of issue and resolved it somehow? Possibly the accelerator logs I've linked are useful? Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by sneaK; 12-28-2016 at 14:02.