Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2022 , 22:59   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siska1 View Post
I will try to translate it another way :

When I select a mod some maps start to alternate. But I want to be able to change these maps at will in the particular mod. Specific maps for a specific mod, but being able to change them. And here we just have a mod change and that's it.
Still not entirely sure if I understand what you're saying. Each mod has its own map file (the equivalent to mapcycle.txt but specifically for that mod) that you can customize per mod. You edit that maps file however you want but I recommend having many maps. In the example, the file is "maps1.ini".

If you want to change to a map directly using changelevel or amx_map, you can do that. Just make sure that you set the next mod using the amx_nextmod command first.

If that doesn't explain it then you're going to need to have a more specific example of what you're looking for.

Last edited by fysiks; 07-05-2022 at 23:00.
Siska1
Old 07-06-2022 , 03:15   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Still not entirely sure if I understand what you're saying. Each mod has its own map file (the equivalent to mapcycle.txt but specifically for that mod) that you can customize per mod. You edit that maps file however you want but I recommend having many maps. In the example, the file is "maps1.ini".

If you want to change to a map directly using changelevel or amx_map, you can do that. Just make sure that you set the next mod using the amx_nextmod command first.

If that doesn't explain it then you're going to need to have a more specific example of what you're looking for.
I think you will understand me this time...
amx_ - this is for admins
But I want choices for casual players. It doesn't matter to the admins.

I want to write a command in the chat as an ordinary player and change the mode like rtv, and then when I'm already in the new mode, write another command (for example /changemap) and a vote for the maps in the current mode will come out.

(the second problem is that only in gungame mode and only one map is repeated twice. I still can't figure out why)

Last edited by Siska1; 07-06-2022 at 03:19.
Send a message via Skype™ to Siska1
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2022 , 00:29   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1043

Making amx_nextmod, literally or effectively, a public command doesn't make any sense, IMO. Anybody would be able to do it and override anybody else at any time. But you can make the command public if you want to do that. Just set the permissions for that command in cmdaccess.ini.

It make much more sense to have people be able to RTV and then vote on the next mod and then vote on the next map Voting for both the mod and the map is the functionality of Polymorph if poly_mode is set to 2. You can add the RTV functionality with the "Polymorph: Rock the Vote" plugin shown in the second post.
Old 07-08-2022 , 14:10   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1044

Quote:
Making amx_nextmod, literally or effectively, a public command doesn't make any sense, IMO. Anybody would be able to do it and override anybody else at any time. But you can make the command public if you want to do that. Just set the permissions for that command in cmdaccess.ini.

It make much more sense to have people be able to RTV and then vote on the next mod and then vote on the next map Voting for both the mod and the map is the functionality of Polymorph if poly_mode is set to 2. You can add the RTV functionality with the "Polymorph: Rock the Vote" plugin shown in the second post.
Apparently, it is very difficult to understand me with the translator, but we are almost at the end point. Now you just need to understand that the command must work as well as rtv, so that it cannot be abused. And when players want to change to a specific map in the specific mod, they can do so, and not wait for some admin to change mods and maps. Do you understand me ? The server is for the people and they should be able to play whatever mod they want and whatever map they want at any time. Do you understand me ?

This can be done with the other two plugins multi mod and galileo , but the other two plugins don't work and the mods mix with each other.

It seems that this time the translation was successful ...
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2022 , 00:45   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1045

Quote:
Apparently, it is very difficult to understand me with the translator, but we are almost at the end point. Now you just need to understand that the command must work as well as rtv, so that it cannot be abused. And when players want to change to a specific map in the specific mod, they can do so, and not wait for some admin to change mods and maps. Do you understand me ? The server is for the people and they should be able to play whatever mod they want and whatever map they want at any time. Do you understand me ?
I don't think we're understanding each other. The way that multiple people choose a mod or map is by voting. This is done in Polymorph with poly_mode 2.

Quote:
This can be done with the other two plugins multi mod and galileo , but the other two plugins don't work and the mods mix with each other.
I'm very familiar with Galileo (my own custom version is based on the original Galileo). What feature in Galileo are you talking about? The only fundamental feature in Galileo that isn't in Polymorph is the nomination system but that simply populates the values that go in the vote and you don't mention anything about a vote so I never even thought about nominations.
Old 07-09-2022 , 05:55   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1046

Quote:
I don't think we're understanding each other. The way that multiple people choose a mod or map is by voting. This is done in Polymorph with poly_mode 2.

I'm very familiar with Galileo (my own custom version is based on the original Galileo). What feature in Galileo are you talking about? The only fundamental feature in Galileo that isn't in Polymorph is the nomination system but that simply populates the values that go in the vote and you don't mention anything about a vote so I never even thought about nominations.
I just want when I enter a map to be able to change it, not change the mod.
But it should work like rtv. One command for rtv maps and one command for mod eg /m
And now this plugin works so that people are obliged to play on one map without being able to change it. The other one I thought was just made like this, it's through Galileo that you can change the maps when you're in a specific mod, and not just vote for a mod.

Can you make this plugin work with galileo? Then it will be possible to select maps only in a specific mod. People may want to trade 100 maps in this mod without wanting to trade to another. If they don't like the maps, they should be able to change them...

Last edited by Siska1; 07-09-2022 at 05:58.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2022 , 15:50   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1047

Quote:
But it should work like rtv. One command for rtv maps and one command for mod eg /m
And now this plugin works so that people are obliged to play on one map without being able to change it. The other one I thought was just made like this, it's through Galileo that you can change the maps when you're in a specific mod, and not just vote for a mod.
I have no idea what you are talking about. You said that Galileo has a feature that you're wanting so what command in Galileo do you use to do what you're talking about?

Quote:
Can you make this plugin work with galileo?
Unfortunately, that is not possible without removing core features of Polymorph.

Quote:
Then it will be possible to select maps only in a specific mod. People may want to trade 100 maps in this mod without wanting to trade to another
I don't know what this means.

Quote:
If they don't like the maps, they should be able to change them...
That's what RTV is for.

Last edited by fysiks; 07-09-2022 at 15:53.
Siska1
Old 07-10-2022 , 02:52   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1048

Quote:
That's what RTV is for.
Right, RTV changes the mode, not the map? How to change only the map when I'm in the server and I'm not an admin?
For example, I play a gungame, but I don't like the map and I want to immediately vote for another one. How do I do that ?

The other plugin that works with Galileo allows this. There is an RTV for changing the map in the specific mod and there is also a command for changing the mod.

But here we have only one command rtv, which changes the mode, not the maps...

Last edited by Siska1; 07-10-2022 at 02:56.
Rivotril
Old 07-10-2022 , 16:42   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1049

Quote:
amx_nextmod, select the mod you want and then change to the map you want.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2022 , 16:43   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1050

Quote:
Right, RTV changes the mode, not the map? How to change only the map when I'm in the server and I'm not an admin?
The RTV triggers the end of map. So, what type of vote happens depends on how you have Polymorph configured (i.e. poly_mode). If it's configured to do only map votes then RTV will trigger a map vote. If you have it configured to do mod and map votes then it will trigger both mod and map votes.

Quote:
For example, I play a gungame, but I don't like the map and I want to immediately vote for another one. How do I do that ?
If you have Polymorph configured to do only map votes then you simply RTV. If you have it configured for mod and map votes then there isn't really a direct way to only trigger a map vote.

Quote:
The other plugin that works with Galileo allows this. There is an RTV for changing the map in the specific mod and
The "other plugin" that "works with Galileo" likely doesn't have the same configurability with regards to defining specific map sets for each mod.

Quote:
there is also a command for changing the mod.
There is a command for changing the next mod in Polymorph too (as I already mentioned). However, it doesn't make sense that everybody would have access to this since random people could change the mod at random times and override anybody else. This is why mod voting exists.

However, as I also mentioned before, you can make this command public if you really want to do that.

Quote:
But here we have only one command rtv, which changes the mode, not the maps...
That's not strictly true. See the explanation(s) above.

So, what mode are you using with Polymorph?
Old 07-10-2022, 16:43
Rivotril
This message has been deleted by Rivotril. Reason: added to previous message