Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Give Bots Weapons (04.01.2023)

Post New Thread Reply   

Patro56
Old 09-16-2016 , 06:41   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #11

Seem to work great, however:
1. Weapon list feature to allow/restrict weapons would be a nice addition, though not a necessary one.
2. Incompatible with both x10 mod and Randomizer and that's a real bugger to me personally.
Hopefully something will be done about this in the future.
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2016 , 10:17   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patro56 View Post
Seem to work great, however:
1. Weapon list feature to allow/restrict weapons would be a nice addition, though not a necessary one.
2. Incompatible with both x10 mod and Randomizer and that's a real bugger to me personally.
Hopefully something will be done about this in the future.
Weapon list isnt planned, but you never know.

Why isnt it compatible with x10 and randomizer? All this plugin does is remove a weapon and then give the bot another one. x10 and randomizer isnt compatible with this plugin, not the other way around. Most mods take bots into account. No idea whether x10 and randomizer give bots weapons. Have you even tested this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyox123cc View Post
Maybe we can make BOT make spycrab?
Not this plugin. It gives bots weapons. Thats it.

Last edited by luki1412; 09-17-2016 at 10:19.
Patro56
Old 09-17-2016 , 13:54   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post
All this plugin does is remove a weapon and then give the bot another one.
And this I presume is the main culprit here. I've been using randomizer and especially x10 with bots, along with Bot Weapon Randomizer for a long, long time and everything was in harmony (except for BWR which started crashing server lately).
It appears that random weapons given by Randomizer and x10 weapons are being replaced with vanilla weapons soon after bot re/spawn. It's easier to spot this using Randomizer since we can see what bots are holding at the moment where few seconds later bots are granted their class-compatible weapons. Same seem to happen with x10 because bots' weapons always have vanilla weapon stats.
Randomizer issue could have been easly fixed by simply disabling your plugin but unfortunately for x10 it only leaves with me with 3 options: Bots with custom weapons (vanilla stats), default weapons only, or going back to no longer supported and buggy BWR.
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2016 , 14:19   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
And this I presume is the main culprit here. I've been using randomizer and especially x10 with bots, along with Bot Weapon Randomizer for a long, long time and everything was in harmony (except for BWR which started crashing server lately).
It appears that random weapons given by Randomizer and x10 weapons are being replaced with vanilla weapons soon after bot re/spawn. It's easier to spot this using Randomizer since we can see what bots are holding at the moment where few seconds later bots are granted their class-compatible weapons. Same seem to happen with x10 because bots' weapons always have vanilla weapon stats.
Randomizer issue could have been easly fixed by simply disabling your plugin but unfortunately for x10 it only leaves with me with 3 options: Bots with custom weapons (vanilla stats), default weapons only, or going back to no longer supported and buggy BWR.
This plugin isnt the same as bot weapon randomizer. It gives bots weapons for their class. It doesnt give stock weapons either. If those mods change bots weapons, then why do you wanna use my plugin? Whats the point of giving bots weapons twice? Bots dont know how to use weapons for other classes. Im not sure what are you trying to achieve.
Old 09-17-2016 , 15:01   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
If those mods change bots weapons, then why do you wanna use my plugin?
Simply because in x10 gamemode bots are not granted random weapons by default. A bot-weapon-giving plugin like Bot Weapon Randomizer or Give Bots Weapons is required to achieve this but unlike the former your plugin does the job partially in x10 gamemode - it gives bots random weapons as intended but the given weapons do not use x10 stats but vanilla stats instead.
Billy Joe Cobra
Old 09-18-2016 , 10:23   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #16

Thanks for this plugin, I run a walkway server and the bots always gets stock items. can you also do a replacement for Leonards Bots with Cosmetics plugin? his plugins are kinda out of date and bugs horrible
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2016 , 14:54   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Simply because in x10 gamemode bots are not granted random weapons by default. A bot-weapon-giving plugin like Bot Weapon Randomizer or Give Bots Weapons is required to achieve this but unlike the former your plugin does the job partially in x10 gamemode - it gives bots random weapons as intended but the given weapons do not use x10 stats but vanilla stats instead.
Well ofc its not going to modify weapons stats. You should contact the creators of x10 so it gives bots modified weapons. Im not going to add it just for the x10 mod.
Old 09-18-2016 , 14:57   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Joe Cobra View Post
Thanks for this plugin, I run a walkway server and the bots always gets stock items. can you also do a replacement for Leonards Bots with Cosmetics plugin? his plugins are kinda out of date and bugs horrible
Yes I have already made a plugin for bot cosmetics. Only has f2p stuff right now so Im not sure whether I should add more.
Old 09-19-2016 , 01:58   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Yes I have already made a plugin for bot cosmetics. Only has f2p stuff right now so Im not sure whether I should add more.
Which one is it? can you give me the link

Last edited by Billy Joe Cobra; 09-19-2016 at 02:14.
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2016 , 10:58   Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Joe Cobra View Post
Which one is it? can you give me the link
Not released yet. Testing it on my server.