Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.06)

Post New Thread Reply   

dataviruset
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-29-2010 , 23:10   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.02)
Reply With Quote #21

Oh, I forgot all about this plugin.

Version 1.02 released now, however. The sm_cpsaver_enable convar now should do what it should had done long time ago.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2011 , 13:35   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.02)
Reply With Quote #22

Great plugin!

One change I'd make is that you should set the velocity to 0 when teleporting a player. That way they don't slide off edges right after teleporting (on some occasions).

Something like:
Code:
TeleportEntity(client, originSaves[client], angleSaves[client], {0.0, 0.0, 0.0});
dataviruset
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-29-2011 , 14:38   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.02)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Great plugin!

One change I'd make is that you should set the velocity to 0 when teleporting a player. That way they don't slide off edges right after teleporting (on some occasions).

Something like:
Code:
TeleportEntity(client, originSaves[client], angleSaves[client], {0.0, 0.0, 0.0});
It seems like you can't reset the velocity that way, because NULL_VECTOR that I'm using right now is in fact equal to {0.0, 0.0, 0.0}.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2011 , 16:20   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.02)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataviruset View Post
It seems like you can't reset the velocity that way, because NULL_VECTOR that I'm using right now is in fact equal to {0.0, 0.0, 0.0}.
Hmm, didn't know that. Maybe try "{0.0, 0.0, 0.1}".
Carn
Old 09-02-2011 , 09:03   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.02)
Reply With Quote #25

Any chance you could impliment a "reset CP save" when someone changes team if its too much work ill just block a team totally.
dataviruset
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-02-2011 , 14:02   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.02)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carn View Post
Any chance you could impliment a "reset CP save" when someone changes team if its too much work ill just block a team totally.
Maybe I could implement a cvar for it, because I think most servers don't care or don't want it. Teamchange is good when you want to start over or if you get stuck somehow. In the former example, it would be good if your checkpoint got reset, but in the latter, it would be the best if your checkpoint is still saved, because you want to get back and not be stuck.
mikechml
Old 10-08-2011 , 07:17   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.02)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataviruset View Post
Maybe I could implement a cvar for it, because I think most servers don't care or don't want it. Teamchange is good when you want to start over or if you get stuck somehow. In the former example, it would be good if your checkpoint got reset, but in the latter, it would be the best if your checkpoint is still saved, because you want to get back and not be stuck.
I just came here to suggest the same feature after playing on a jump server where a player kept teleporting into the enemy spawn and spawnkilling everyone (ie: he saved, then switched teams). Would be very useful to have this.
dataviruset
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-12-2011 , 22:07   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.03)
Reply With Quote #28

One month later... Version 1.03 released! Check first post for details
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2012 , 21:42   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.03)
Reply With Quote #29

How do you have the greeting menu auto turn itself off after a shorter period of time, or have an option where users can exit out of the menu? And is it possible to only show the menu once after a player first connects to the server?

Lastly, is there an option to disable the auto HP setting? The give HP option interferes with some gameplay aspects in that everyone basically gets Godmode.

Last edited by Mr. Man; 03-08-2012 at 13:41.
dataviruset
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-08-2012 , 16:21   Re: [ANY] SM_CheckpointSaver (v1.04)
Reply With Quote #30

Version 1.04 released, now with the possibility to hide the menu on spawn. The menu can be closed by players if they press 0.

Mr. Man:
Quote:
// Enable/disable blocking of fall damage (resets hp to sm_cpsaver_standard_hp after a player gets hurt from falling unless the fall damage is enough to kill him): 0 - disable, 1 - enable
// -
// Default: "1"
sm_cpsaver_block_falldamage "1"

Last edited by dataviruset; 03-08-2012 at 16:21.