Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Legit ban?

Post New Thread Reply   

Ade
I love purple
Old 04-20-2014 , 06:11   Re: Legit ban?
Reply With Quote #11

theres no stamina reset plugin on that srv... only 1 plugin that SLIGHTLY decreases the gay ass delay between the time you stop crouching and the time you want to sprint
but like i show in that vid, sometimes even after I fail, I get detected after only 7 hops... compared to ur 25
Old 04-20-2014 , 06:42   Re: Legit ban?
Reply With Quote #12

SMAC doesn't wait for 20 consecutive perfect jumps, it actually stock piles detections (perfect jumps) that are only ever erased if the client reconnects or if they wait for each detection to slowly be purged by a 4 second recurring timer. It takes 1 minute and 20 seconds for 20 detections against a client to diminish due to the 4 second timer.
The number 25 comes from the fact that due to the 4 second timer, by the time you jump 20 times, 5 detections will have been purged.

I've cut some of the code back to help illustrate what happens.

PHP Code:
#define TRIGGER_DETECTIONS    20 // This is the amount of detections needed before banning a client.

new g_iDetections[METHOD_MAX][MAXPLAYERS+1]; // This variable holds each clients detections.

public OnPluginStart()
{

CreateTimer(4.0Timer_DecreaseCount_TIMER_REPEAT); // This timer decrements g_iDetections every 4 seconds. (This is why it takes about 25 jumps despite TRIGGER_DETECTIONS being 20)
}

AutoTrigger_Detected(clientmethod// This runs if a client performs a perfect jump.
{
    if (!
IsFakeClient(client) && IsPlayerAlive(client) && ++g_iDetections[method][client] >= TRIGGER_DETECTIONS// Here we use a pre-increment on g_iDetections and compare our value to TRIGGER_DETECTIONS (Which == 20)

{

SMAC_Ban(client"AutoTrigger Detection: %s"sMethod); // g_iDetections holds a value worth 20+, ban.

}

At this point SMAC might sound stupid and ban crazy, but hold your horses!
There is a fail safe to ensure that players who aren't scripting will not throw a single detection.
This however doesn't work for players who use spacebar to bhop, this is why you were eventually detected. This isn't normally a problem because (as someone who bhops) bhoppers usually use their scroll wheel.

Last edited by TheGodKing; 04-20-2014 at 06:56.
Ade
I love purple
Old 04-22-2014 , 04:29   Re: Legit ban?
Reply With Quote #13

yes i use(d) scroll most of my dm years but i jsut proved something is wrong in the algorithm and we cant tell who's clean and who's not
space is more accurate that's why a few still use it, despite missing more hops than the scroll, and simply saying space bhoppers aren't a problem cus MOST use scroll is not an option - are you seriously saying the 4s failsafe is not applied for space bhop?

about my vid, i might have to check demo again and start counting from the top, but in the first part it's jsut 23 hops or so in 18s (18/4 = 4 => 23-4 = 19, not 20), PLUS it's split in 2 sets because I miss a hop (and the 2nd part of the vid shows 15 hops in 12s, in 2 sets again, with 2 failed hops in between), this means missing a hop does NOT reset that counter..?
Quote:
Issue: Either counter doesn't reset or it's just too small
and since I posted that, no one cared to look into it

*sigh*

Last edited by Ade; 04-22-2014 at 04:35.
TheGodKing
BANNED
Old 04-27-2014 , 05:51   Re: Legit ban?
Reply With Quote #14

If you intend to use spacebar for bhopping, then I suggest Macrodox over SMAC.

The counter does not reset on any jumps. Ever.

Last edited by TheGodKing; 04-27-2014 at 05:53.
Ade
I love purple
Old 04-28-2014 , 02:51   Re: Legit ban?
Reply With Quote #15

is that a joke? i said the problem might be the counter NOT resetting on failed jumps... why would i want something that NEVER resets? plus it's only for css
Old 04-28-2014 , 15:51   Re: Legit ban?
Reply With Quote #16

The counter intentionally doesn't reset. The only time it will ever reset is if you reconnect to the server.
The reason resetting it on a failed jump would be a horrible idea is because all it would take is 1 intentionally bad jump ever 25 jumps in order to bypass SMAC.
Ade
I love purple
Old 04-29-2014 , 03:24   Re: Legit ban?
Reply With Quote #17

yes im sure the hacker will count to 25 when shooting and hopping along, and then fail a jump
at least it shud reset at 2 failed jumps? or put a higher number... this is ridiculous, it's easy to reproduce and I can't see who's cheating and who's not - useless