Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2015 , 18:11   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1341

This plugin needs an update that doesn't make it cumbersome to use.
How do I go about that...?
Do I let it just pull items from schema and ignore attributes (since we have PRESERVE_ATTRIBUTES now)?
And what's a good way to manage custom weapons, permissions, etc?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 02-26-2015 at 18:11.
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2015 , 12:13   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1342

if i add model for weapon, how i can remove default model?
Dragonisser
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-09-2015 , 17:47   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1343

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
This plugin needs an update that doesn't make it cumbersome to use.
How do I go about that...?
Do I let it just pull items from schema and ignore attributes (since we have PRESERVE_ATTRIBUTES now)?
And what's a good way to manage custom weapons, permissions, etc?

Is there any possibility to change the model only for the client that choose it and the other players just see the standard model?

Like im using my unusual golden rocketlauncher level 100. I can see it in first- and thirdperson, but the other players can only see the normal rocketlauncher.

Because atm i can see it and others see an invisible weapon(sure invisible weapons cant be prevented, so atleast visible standard weapons) .

Last edited by Dragonisser; 03-09-2015 at 17:48.
JawaPG
Old 03-29-2015 , 11:31   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1344

I know this page is quite old and the answer to this is probably quite obvious, but anyways...

I was just wondering, when creating a custom weapon, is there a way to make the weapon australium? Like, say I create an OP rocket launcher, and want people to see the rocket launcher as australium, is there a way I can do that? I have managed to create to Golden Wrench, but not yet found a way to do the same with other weapons...
Well, if anyone have any suggestion to what I can do, please tell

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Last edited by JawaPG; 03-29-2015 at 11:32.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 03-29-2015 , 21:14   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawaPG View Post
I know this page is quite old and the answer to this is probably quite obvious, but anyways...

I was just wondering, when creating a custom weapon, is there a way to make the weapon australium? Like, say I create an OP rocket launcher, and want people to see the rocket launcher as australium, is there a way I can do that? I have managed to create to Golden Wrench, but not yet found a way to do the same with other weapons...
Well, if anyone have any suggestion to what I can do, please tell

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
If you use http://www.tf2items.com/item/schema/?d=1 you can view the attribute numbers on every weapon. It's quite useful in creating your own custom weapons. Sadly, the item list hasn't been fully updated in ages. There should be more items after the Glitched Circuit Board at the end of the list, but there's not.

Using http://optf2.com/440/attributes however, I believe 2027 is the attribute you're looking for.

Whether or not it'll make the weapon use the gold skin though, I don't know. I wish TF2Items would update their weapon list so I could see the extended information on the Australiums.

There is just one issue. Other players *may* not see each other holding australium weapons. They may appear to be holding no weapon at all, which is a result of Valve breaking custom weapon models (aka "serverside player attachments").

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 03-29-2015 at 21:15.
JawaPG
Old 03-30-2015 , 06:03   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1346

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
If you use http://www.tf2items.com/item/schema/?d=1 you can view the attribute numbers on every weapon. It's quite useful in creating your own custom weapons. Sadly, the item list hasn't been fully updated in ages. There should be more items after the Glitched Circuit Board at the end of the list, but there's not.

Using http://optf2.com/440/attributes however, I believe 2027 is the attribute you're looking for.

Whether or not it'll make the weapon use the gold skin though, I don't know. I wish TF2Items would update their weapon list so I could see the extended information on the Australiums.

There is just one issue. Other players *may* not see each other holding australium weapons. They may appear to be holding no weapon at all, which is a result of Valve breaking custom weapon models (aka "serverside player attachments").
Thanks for answeing I will try using it... But I encountered another problem.... As you said: "There is just one issue. Other players *may* not see each other holding australium weapons." I have experienced that with default weapons aswell. When I give myself the Valve Rocket Launcher, other players can't see it. It's not quite that big of a deal, but I have created an admin weapon (An OverPowered frying pan) Which I want people to see as an item, as a symbol on them being an admin.

Thanks for the help
Cheers ;)

[EDIT]:
Ok, About the weapons being invisible, it seems that only a few of them work. My friend could see me with a rocket launcher as a soldier, but when I became an engineer and gave myself, say a POMSON 6000, he couldn't see it :/ Is there a fix or do we just have to deal with it? I also tried adding the model of a pomson as a custom model to see if that worked, but it didn't :/
And so the australium attrib. "2027".... It added the name "Australium -" to the item, but I wonder if you can make the items look golden.
That's that... Then I have a new questions :/

. I have heard that it's possible to create cosmetics with this plugin.... Anyone who know how?

Thanks in advance ;)
Cheers

Last edited by JawaPG; 03-30-2015 at 11:18.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 03-30-2015 , 13:41   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1347

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawaPG View Post
Thanks for answeing I will try using it... But I encountered another problem.... As you said: "There is just one issue. Other players *may* not see each other holding australium weapons." I have experienced that with default weapons aswell. When I give myself the Valve Rocket Launcher, other players can't see it. It's not quite that big of a deal, but I have created an admin weapon (An OverPowered frying pan) Which I want people to see as an item, as a symbol on them being an admin.

Thanks for the help
Cheers ;)

[EDIT]:
Ok, About the weapons being invisible, it seems that only a few of them work. My friend could see me with a rocket launcher as a soldier, but when I became an engineer and gave myself, say a POMSON 6000, he couldn't see it :/ Is there a fix or do we just have to deal with it? I also tried adding the model of a pomson as a custom model to see if that worked, but it didn't :/
And so the australium attrib. "2027".... It added the name "Australium -" to the item, but I wonder if you can make the items look golden.
That's that... Then I have a new questions :/

. I have heard that it's possible to create cosmetics with this plugin.... Anyone who know how?

Thanks in advance ;)
Cheers
I would avoid creating cosmetics like hats and such, we don't want to piss Valve off further.

Also, the reason why other players CAN see certain weapons (basically any stock weapons from ID 0 to 30ish) is because of Valve breaking custom weapon models. Other players can see you using any of these weapons (except for the Kritzkrieg, ignore that):

Anything after the stock Invis Watch will be invisible to other players. It's the way the game is coded.
JawaPG
Old 03-30-2015 , 16:09   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1348

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
I would avoid creating cosmetics like hats and such, we don't want to piss Valve off further.

Also, the reason why other players CAN see certain weapons (basically any stock weapons from ID 0 to 30ish) is because of Valve breaking custom weapon models. Other players can see you using any of these weapons (except for the Kritzkrieg, ignore that):

Anything after the stock Invis Watch will be invisible to other players. It's the way the game is coded.
Ok thanks for all the answers, it's been to good help

Have a nice day
Cheers ;)
avi9526
Old 04-02-2015 , 14:14   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1349

A lot of weapon appear bugged. Seems latest updates break some stuff… again. It's everyone or just me? Do author plan an update?
Old 04-02-2015 , 14:29   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)
Reply With Quote #1350

avi9526 I believe the latest server update has broken this plugin Plz Fix FlaminSarge!