Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Can't Compile?

Post New Thread Reply   

Vonaducci
Old 10-04-2023 , 03:24   Can't Compile?
Reply With Quote #1

I've been running into issues with rcbot2 on my day of defeat source server and it's been causing it to crash at random. I decided to create a debug build of rcbot2 to get a deeper understanding of these crashes. I found this guide on how to compile a debug build for rcbot2, followed every step just fine, but when I compile using ambuild, my developer powershell for vs reads: "It looks like you have AMBuild 1 installed, but this project uses AMBuild 2. Upgrade to the latest version of AMBuild to continue." Considering I've installed ambuild 2 successfully so that it says "Successfully installed AMBuild-2.0" upon install, I'm not really sure what to do.

Does anyone know how to fix this "It looks like you have AMBuild 1 installed" issue?

Here is what my developer powershell reads:

Code:
** Visual Studio 2022 Developer PowerShell v17.7.4
** Copyright (c) 2022 Microsoft Corporation
PS C:\Users\vonad\source\repos> cd C:\Users\vonad\Downloads\rcbot2-master\build                                         
PS C:\Users\vonad\Downloads\rcbot2-master\build> python3 ../configure.py -s dod --mms_path C:\Users\vonad\Downloads\rcbot2-master\alliedmodders\metamod-source --hl2sdk-root C:\Users\vonad\Downloads\rcbot2-master\alliedmodders --sm-path C:\Users\vonad\Downloads\rcbot2-master\alliedmodders\sourcemod --enable-debug
It looks like you have AMBuild 1 installed, but this project uses AMBuild 2.
Upgrade to the latest version of AMBuild to continue.
PS C:\Users\vonad\Downloads\rcbot2-master\build> ambuild
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<frozen runpy>", line 198, in _run_module_as_main
  File "<frozen runpy>", line 88, in _run_code
  File "C:\Users\vonad\scoop\apps\python\current\Scripts\ambuild.exe\__main__.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\vonad\scoop\apps\python\current\Lib\site-packages\ambuild2\run.py", line 21, in <module>
    from ambuild2.context import Context
  File "C:\Users\vonad\scoop\apps\python\current\Lib\site-packages\ambuild2\context.py", line 19, in <module>
    import os, sys, imp
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'imp'
PS C:\Users\vonad\Downloads\rcbot2-master\build>
I'm compiling RCBot2 v1.51-beta2 from here.