0% 

[L4D2]Tank Rush

Post New Thread Reply   

cheewongken
Old 07-11-2010 , 14:59   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #81

hey birno.. there's this one too
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=129444

Self Help plugin... can save yourself from the ledge.
Abaddown
Old 07-11-2010 , 23:28   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #82

Any hope of making the finally work in all campaigns? Or does anyone have an example of code that can be map specific for finallies to kill all tanks at a certain time so that the next phase can happen? This is a really good plugin. Even if it was Damaged based. Do 20,000 damage and all tanks die. Respawn next wave 10 seconds may work.
kiloat
Old 07-11-2010 , 23:40   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddown View Post
Any hope of making the finally work in all campaigns? Or does anyone have an example of code that can be map specific for finallies to kill all tanks at a certain time so that the next phase can happen? This is a really good plugin. Even if it was Damaged based. Do 20,000 damage and all tanks die. Respawn next wave 10 seconds may work.
Plugin (last boss, Tank rush)
what I'm doing is disabling the plugin (setting tankrush_enable 0 in the console) when finale comes up, that's when the last boss show up, and when we kill the boss tank the rescue arrives. everybody happy! hope this helps!
Abaddown
Old 07-11-2010 , 23:46   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #84

You know I never thought of that. I was looking at last boss. Thanks for the input. That may be worth trying.
birno
Old 07-13-2010 , 13:03   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
I deleted the L4DTankRush.cfg and then I let it re-create itself. I then restarted the server, and it STILL doesn't work! It is still set to 4500 when I set it in the .cfg as 2000
Interesting, because the default value 4000.
You set up this variable one of the cfg files, dont know where, you need to find it.
Searcher64
Old 07-13-2010 , 23:55   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by birno View Post
Interesting, because the default value 4000.
You set up this variable one of the cfg files, dont know where, you need to find it.
I know this isn't the problem because whenever I change tankrush_tankhealth from 4500 to 2500, it always resets itself back to 4500 when a new round starts(L4D2). And if something IS executing the health to 4500, what could it possibly be if the auto-created cfg could not do it and server.cfg could not do it

birno
Old 07-14-2010 , 13:03   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
I have some idea how to solve the problem, I think it isnt too difficult but honestly, nowadays not playing with this game so I dont have spirit to do that, sorry.

Quote:
I know this isn't the problem because whenever I change tankrush_tankhealth from 4500 to 2500, it always resets itself back to 4500 when a new round starts(L4D2). And if something IS executing the health to 4500, what could it possibly be if the auto-created cfg could not do it and server.cfg could not do it
Delete the tankrush plugin and cfg, start a server and if you get some similar message: "Unknown command "tankrush_tankhealth"", you use this variable somewhere.
I sure that the plugin dont do that, works fine for me and you are the only person who report this problem.
Abaddown
Old 07-14-2010 , 23:25   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #88

[quote=birno;1239024]I have some idea how to solve the problem, I think it isnt too difficult but honestly, nowadays not playing with this game so I dont have spirit to do that, sorry.

I like the things you have done. Im using lastboss at the moment. I use map.cfg to turn off tankrush for it. Problem is it glitches trying to turn it back on when you start a new campaign. Tank rush won't reenable til I reboot the server. I even tried making tank limit 0 for finally then turn the number back to 20 on new map. I get 1 tank at a time til I reboot. Have any sugestions?
birno
Old 07-15-2010 , 02:58   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddown View Post
I like the things you have done. Im using lastboss at the moment. I use map.cfg to turn off tankrush for it. Problem is it glitches trying to turn it back on when you start a new campaign. Tank rush won't reenable til I reboot the server. I even tried making tank limit 0 for finally then turn the number back to 20 on new map. I get 1 tank at a time til I reboot. Have any sugestions?
After you reenable the plugin, load a new map or reload the currently played, if you dont do that, the plugin dont work.
Abaddown
Old 07-15-2010 , 07:04   Re: [L4D2]Tank Rush
Reply With Quote #90

It don't reload correct is what I am saying. I can change campaign and relobby launch and I still have 1 tank at a time til I reboot the server. This happens when I change the tankrush settings with cvar in map.cfg concert. If I change the tankrush settings to tankrush on 0 in the map.cfg then it remains off after map cycle even if the map.cfg for that map has the settings of tank rush on 1. So new campaign is standard config less tank rush. I am using version 106. The last boss is a good ending and the campaign will end with it. I just don't want to be on hand to do a server reboot everytime someone plays it. If I leave tankrush on by itself you can play dead center and parish and complete that is it. This is a server that would stay full if it would end. With the combo of charge shot, tank rush, and last boss its is alot of fun. If its something you don't want to do its alright. I am grateful to you and the original author for what I have. Thank you.