[ANY] SteamWorks

Post New Thread Reply   

Kellan123
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2020 , 16:14   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #781

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNAT2645 View Post
It seems that SteamWorks_SetGameDescription is broken (?) on the latest release from GitHub.
I have SW Game Description Override and it worked fine before but now sw_gamedesc_override ConVar doesn't change anything so i still see default "Team Fortress" description.
Try this
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sw_gamedesc_override_fixer.sp - 125 views - 483 Bytes)

Last edited by Kellan123; 07-09-2020 at 16:14.
MAGNAT2645
Old 07-10-2020 , 04:34   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellan123 View Post
Try this
As i said, the ConVar just doesn't work (i use MapConfigs to change Game Description on different gamemodes and maps) so this little fix won't help.
Old 07-27-2020 , 00:41   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #783

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
Windows currently isn't supported on CSGO as Valve broke their stable ABI. Did you try the binary that a user shipped for Windows? I haven't validated it, but once I have some effort available for this again I'll look at Appveyor. Alternatively ping psychonic to see if he can enable my buildbot on AM again and I can trigger a build for Windows.
Any luck with SteamWorks_SetMapName? Also, how is your windows build coming along? Thanks.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-29-2020 , 17:45   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoCSGO View Post
Any luck with SteamWorks_SetMapName? Also, how is your windows build coming along? Thanks.
Feel free to watch https://github.com/KyleSanderson/SteamWorks/pull/28
MarcoCSGO
Old 07-30-2020 , 22:35   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #785

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
Thanks will keep an eye on it. Guessing you hit some blocking that you have not been able to find a quick fix for (last update 18 days ago)?
KyleS
Old 07-31-2020 , 18:49   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #786

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoCSGO View Post
Thanks will keep an eye on it. Guessing you hit some blocking that you have not been able to find a quick fix for (last update 18 days ago)?
Yeah - DM psychonic if you'd like for the AM builder to return.
KyleS
Old 08-09-2020 , 21:44   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #787

so, I chose to be a glutton for punishment and spun through this (shit again) today for the fifth time (30+ hours into this, hundreds of $ into this as well). Basically, the choco installs are broken, travis-ci is broken, everything is busted and does not result in a real functional installation. Regarding open-source software, I'm pretty devastated this pure crap exists out there and simply does not function what-so-ever. Outside of that I still believe in the movement, I'm going to let the branch persist for Windows. If anyone would like to continue onwards I'm more than happy to allow you to do so but I'm calling it for now as this is just pure unadulterated bullshit to get Windows running outside of me spinning up my own cloud (which would take 7 minutes - no joke outside of the minimal cost).

The orphaned AM images will continue to work for stable games (like cstrike/tf2/hl2dm/dod:s) but with CS:GO only Linux/Apple will be supported going forward. The other gentleman who shipped builds, I can't validate them but that may be your avenue here. Additionally this should continue to build out of the box for anyone who licenses the Steamworks SDK, so there may be builds from other geographies that are less-export restricted.

tl;dr: I'm giving up on this windows stuff, it's not worth any investment what-so-ever and if someone can get it working with a free-CI environment I'm more than happy to add it to the chain and carry it forward.
NomisCZ
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-10-2020 , 12:06   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #788

You can use Github Actions without any problems https://github.com/NomisCZ/SteamWork...flows/main.yml for Windows/Linux, maybe Mac. It's possible to set up automatic upload to the server after build.

Edit: doesn't work with the latest AMBuild sh*** changes ...
https://github.com/NomisCZ/SteamWork...005#step:10:49
https://github.com/NomisCZ/SteamWork...035#step:10:62

TypeError: add_command() missing 1 required positional argument: 'env_data'
https://github.com/alliedmodders/amb...tabase.py#L384
https://github.com/alliedmodders/amb...d/amb2.py#L509

Last edited by NomisCZ; 08-13-2020 at 06:11.
Kellan123
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-15-2020 , 06:29   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #789

New Syntax Updated
Attached Files
File Type: zip SteamWorks Extension [Both].zip (340.7 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by Kellan123; 08-15-2020 at 06:57.
BAILOPAN
Old 08-15-2020 , 14:46   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #790

@NomisCZ Sorry, this issue has since been fixed. I'm slowly improving the test coverage so stuff like this is less likely to happen in the future.