Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Th3822
Old 04-14-2017 , 17:10   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #51

I'm having issues running this plugin on a snapshot build (1.8.3.5109)

When playing 1 vs 1 (i didn't test with more players), when a player get's killed by a vehicle, the DeathMsg works fine, shows the tracktrain sprite, but the player doesn't respawn again and the alive player doesn't get moved to spawn at round start, but the vehicle does and i can't make the death player respawn with sv_restart 1 nor sv_restartround 1

At the first i thought that was a rehlds/regamedll issue, but then i tested with 1.8.2 and reamxx and both worked fine.

After switching back to default hlds and gamedll i did test again, and it was working fine on 1.8.2 but on 1.8.3.5109 was with the same issue

Just in case i leave the versions and info from the server where i'm having this issue:

version
Code:
	Protocol version 48
	Exe version 1.1.2.7/Stdio (cstrike)
	Exe build: 13:12:29 Aug 29 2013 (6153)
meta version
Code:
	Metamod v1.21p39  2016/12/24 (5:13)
	by Will Day
		http://www.metamod.org/
	Patch: Metamod-P (mm-p) v37
	by Jussi Kivilinna
		http://metamod-p.sourceforge.net/
	Patch: Metamod-P (mm-p) CMake v39
	by Sam Vanheer
		https://github.com/SamVanheer/Metamod-P-CMake
	compiled: Dec 24 2016, 15:54:46 EET (optimized+meta_debug-disabled)
meta list
Code:
	Currently loaded plugins:
		 description      stat pend  file              vers      src   load  unlod
	[ 1] AMX Mod X        RUN   -    amxmodx_mm_i386.  v1.8.3-d  ini   Start ANY
	[ 2] Ham Sandwich     RUN   -    hamsandwich_amxx  v1.8.3-d  pl1   ANY   ANY
	[ 3] CSX              RUN   -    csx_amxx_i386.so  v1.8.3-d  pl1   ANY   ANY
	[ 4] FakeMeta         RUN   -    fakemeta_amxx_i3  v1.8.3-d  pl1   ANY   ANY
amxx version
Code:
	AMX Mod X 1.8.3-dev+5109 (http://www.amxmodx.org)
	Authors:
	<TAB>David "BAILOPAN" Anderson, Pavol "PM OnoTo" Marko
	<TAB>Felix "SniperBeamer" Geyer, Jonny "Got His Gun" Bergstrom
	<TAB>Lukasz "SidLuke" Wlasinski, Christian "Basic-Master" Hammacher
	<TAB>Borja "faluco" Ferrer, Scott "DS" Ehlert
	Compiled: Apr  4 2017 01:33:13
	Built from: https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/commit/2d049b7
	Build ID: 5109:2d049b7
	Core mode: JIT+ASM32
amxx modules
Code:
	 Currently loaded modules:
		   name                    version     author               status     
	  [ 1] Ham Sandwich            1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
	  [ 2] CSX                     1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
	  [ 3] FakeMeta                1.8.3-dev+  AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
	 3 modules, 3 correct
amxx plugins
Code:
	 Currently loaded plugins:
			name                    version     author            file             status   
	  [  1] Admin Base              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     admin.amxx       running  
	  [  2] Admin Commands          1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     admincmd.amxx    running  
	  [  3] Admin Help              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminhelp.amxx   running  
	  [  4] Slots Reservation       1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminslots.amxx  running  
	  [  5] Multi-Lingual System    1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     multilingual.am  running  
	  [  6] Menus Front-End         1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     menufront.amxx   running  
	  [  7] Commands Menu           1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     cmdmenu.amxx     running  
	  [  8] Players Menu            1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     plmenu.amxx      running  
	  [  9] Maps Menu               1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     mapsmenu.amxx    running  
	  [ 10] Plugin Menu             1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     pluginmenu.amxx  running  
	  [ 11] Admin Chat              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminchat.amxx   running  
	  [ 12] Anti Flood              1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     antiflood.amxx   running  
	  [ 13] Scrolling Message       1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     scrollmsg.amxx   running  
	  [ 14] Info. Messages          1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     imessage.amxx    running  
	  [ 15] Admin Votes             1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     adminvote.amxx   running  
	  [ 16] NextMap                 1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     nextmap.amxx     running  
	  [ 17] Nextmap Chooser         1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     mapchooser.amxx  running  
	  [ 18] TimeLeft                1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     timeleft.amxx    running  
	  [ 19] Pause Plugins           1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     pausecfg.amxx    running  
	  [ 20] Stats Configuration     1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     statscfg.amxx    running  
	  [ 21] StatsX                  1.8.3-dev+  AMXX Dev Team     statsx.amxx      running  
	  [ 22] Potti                   1.40        p3tsin            potti.amxx       running  
	  [ 23] Vehicle Real Killer     1.1         xPaw              VehicleRealKill  running  
	 23 plugins, 23 running
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-16-2017 , 04:16   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #52

This doesn't seem an issue with AMXX itself. The plugin code is quite generic and simple, nothing has changed around that functions since a long time ago. What the plugin does is essentially hooking when a player is killed with a vehicle, then it changes the vehicle class name (train icon) and attacker index (to show the player controlling the vehicle), then restoring value right away. I don't see how it's possible that specific changes (especially when values are restored) can cause your issue.

You should give the exact steps to reproduce the issue, but it sounds like a game issue.

Last edited by Arkshine; 04-16-2017 at 04:17.
Th3822
Old 04-16-2017 , 12:54   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
This doesn't seem an issue with AMXX itself. The plugin code is quite generic and simple, nothing has changed around that functions since a long time ago. What the plugin does is essentially hooking when a player is killed with a vehicle, then it changes the vehicle class name (train icon) and attacker index (to show the player controlling the vehicle), then restoring value right away. I don't see how it's possible that specific changes (especially when values are restored) can cause your issue.

You should give the exact steps to reproduce the issue, but it sounds like a game issue.
I have tested on the following setups:
  • clean hlds + 1.8.2 : OK
  • clean hlds + 1.8.3.5105 : Bug
  • clean hlds + 1.8.3.5109 : Bug
  • clean hlds + 1.8.3.5110 : Bug
  • rehlds + 1.8.2 : OK
  • rehlds + 1.8.3.5105 : Bug
  • rehlds + 1.8.3.5109 : Bug
  • rehlds + 1.8.3.5110 : Bug
  • rehlds + reamxx b7 : OK
  • rehlds + regamedll_cs + 1.8.2 : OK
  • rehlds + regamedll_cs + 1.8.3.5105 : Bug
  • rehlds + regamedll_cs + 1.8.3.5109 : Bug
  • rehlds + regamedll_cs + 1.8.3.5110 : Bug
  • rehlds + regamedll_cs + reamxx b7 : OK
Note: I have used only the bugfixed releases of rehlds and regamedll_cs

Here is a demo and a video of the issue:
https://puu.sh/vm9K0/d607cc131e.dem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0gaG2o0RuA
Arkshine
Old 04-16-2017 , 13:59   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #54

What is the default behavior without the plugin?
Old 04-16-2017 , 14:28   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #55

I just tested under windows with ReHLDS and vanilla mod, with 1.8.3.5110. I spawned a bot, killed him, seen well the train icon, and round ended. Is the plugin compiled with 1.8.2? If so, try to compile with dev compiler and see if it's better? But that would be weird since ReAMXX is based on some dev version (and actually doesn't have that much modifications).

Last edited by Arkshine; 04-16-2017 at 14:48. Reason: a
Th3822
Old 04-16-2017 , 15:29   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
I just tested under windows with ReHLDS and vanilla mod, with 1.8.3.5110. I spawned a bot, killed him, seen well the train icon, and round ended. Is the plugin compiled with 1.8.2? If so, try to compile with dev compiler and see if it's better? But that would be weird since ReAMXX is based on some dev version (and actually doesn't have that much modifications).
I forgot to add that. All plugins were compiled with the same amxx version running at the server.
Compiled on windows xp, but the server is running linux (debian 8 x64)

Edit: Tested the plugin compiled with 1.8.2 on 1.8.3.5110, same issue.

Quote:
What is the default behavior without the plugin?
Actual and expected behavior without this plugin [vanila, 1.8.2, 1.8.3, reamxx]
  • "A" Enters and Joins as T
  • "B" Enters and Joins as CT
  • [Game_Commencing]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start]
  • "A <T>" kills "B <CT>" with X ["A <T>" killed ""B <CT>"" with "X"]
  • [Terrorists_Win]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start] Both Players Alive on their Spawns
  • "A <T>" kills "B <CT>" with vehicle ["B <CT>" committed suicide with "vehicle" (world)]
  • [Terrorists_Win]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start]
  • Both players spawns at their spawns and the game can continue

Expected behavior with this plugin (Actual behavior [1.8.2, reamxx])
  • [Game_Commencing]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start]
  • "A <T>" kills "B <CT>" with vehicle ["A <T>" killed "B <CT>" with "tracktrain"]
  • [Terrorists_Win]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start] Both Players Alive on their Spawns
  • "A <T>" kills "B <CT>" with vehicle ["A <T>" killed "B <CT>" with "tracktrain"]
  • [Terrorists_Win]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start]
  • "B <CT>" Disconnects
  • [Game_Commencing]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start]
  • Both players spawns at their spawns and the game can continue

Actual behavior with Plugin [1.8.3.5110]
  • [Game_Commencing]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start]
  • [Terrorists_Win]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start] "A <T>" doesn't get teleported to it's spawn and "B <CT>" doesn't respawn
  • "B <CT>" Disconnects
  • [Round_Draw]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start]
  • "B" spawns as if no were any other player on the server, "A <T>" is still alive on the map
  • "A <T>" kills "B <CT>" with * ["A <T>" killed "B <CT>" with "*"]
  • [Round_Draw]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start] "A <T>" doesn't get teleported to it's spawn and "B <CT>" respawns properly
  • "A <T>" kills "B <CT>" with * ["A <T>" killed "B <CT>" with "*"]
  • [Round_Draw]
  • [Round_End]
  • [Round_Start] "A <T>" doesn't get teleported to it's spawn and "B <CT>" respawns properly

Last edited by Th3822; 04-16-2017 at 15:39. Reason: Tested with 1.8.2 plugin on 1.8.3.5110 & fixed a deathmsg on the list
Arkshine
Old 04-16-2017 , 16:06   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #57

Honestly, that doesn't make sense. If the round doesn't restart this means that B is still detected as alive, but the plugin doesn't do anything for that. It's just about altering the attacker and making sure the victim will explode.

That I can't reproduce and it works or doesn't work with you, is a mystery.

Give me by PM your whole addons/ untouched & zipped on a setup which doesn't work. I will test as it is. It would help giving me a link or including the map you're testing. (Ideally on windows if it fails there too, but I can test under linux).

Last edited by Arkshine; 04-16-2017 at 16:09.
Arkshine
Old 04-16-2017 , 19:24   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #58

We found the issue with KliPPy.

It's because of this PR which fixes an issue in post forward where a previously modified param would not be updated: https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/pull/395.
With that change, basically, the plugin would modify the attacker's classname and when restart happens, the game can't find the player to respawn it.

It makes sense the value to be updated, but it breaks backward compatibility, unfortunately.
I guess we will need to revert that change and add an alternative way to get an updated value in post forward. Will try to fix ASAP (tomorrow).

Last edited by Arkshine; 04-16-2017 at 19:38.
Th3822
Old 04-16-2017 , 20:07   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
We found the issue with KliPPy.

It's because of this PR which fixes an issue in post forward where a previously modified param would not be updated: https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/pull/395.
With that change, basically, the plugin would modify the attacker's classname and when restart happens, the game can't find the player to respawn it.

It makes sense the value to be updated, but it breaks backward compatibility, unfortunately.
I guess we will need to revert that change and add an alternative way to get an updated value in post forward. Will try to fix ASAP (tomorrow).
I have fixed it using dmg_inflictor at FwdPlayerKilledPost, that isn't affected by the plugin nor the PR changes:

Code:
set_pev_string( pev( id, pev_dmg_inflictor ), pev_classname, g_iszFuncVehicle );

Last edited by Th3822; 04-16-2017 at 20:08.
Arkshine
Old 04-17-2017 , 04:27   Re: Vehicle Real Killer (11/08/2012)
Reply With Quote #60

Yes, you can fix the plugin if you need it right away. You might have others plugins using the same context. It's still a regression and backward compatibility should be always kept. Thanks for reporting anyway.

Last edited by Arkshine; 04-17-2017 at 04:32.