Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Insurgency (2014)
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Displays a panel on the left with details about the person you are spectating
    Old 03-09-2015 , 13:12   [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #1

Spectator Details
    This plugin has been updated!! (V.3) Read further posts

When you die and become a spectator, this plugin will display a panel on the left with details about the person you are spectating.

Details shown:
    • Name
    • Weapon (current weapon being used.)
    • Kills (Number of kills during the current round.) * not counting friendly kills
    • Deaths (Number of deaths during the current round.)
    • Health
    These details will update as the round goes on, and will reset at the end of the round.

Cvars

The cvars are found in the plugin.SpecDetails.cfg file in the sourcemod folder, under insurgency/cfg.
    sm_specDetails_enabled : 1 to enable, 0 to disable

Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (SpecDetails.sp - 1444 views - 5.5 KB)

[IMG]http://s1.************/hxzfirnu3/donate.gif[/IMG]

Thank you in advance for your generosity!
    wribit

Last edited by wribit; 04-14-2015 at 14:54. Reason: Plugin options were erased
    alencore
    Old 03-10-2015 , 01:55   Re: [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #2

Does ins current version support metamod-s on windows? if yeah can i have a copy or link coz the snapshots won't work.
    I can't use any sm plugins for ins if can't even load that first.
    wribit
    Old 03-10-2015 , 07:46   Re: [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alencore View Post
    Does ins current version support metamod-s on windows? if yeah can i have a copy or link coz the snapshots won't work.
    I can't use any sm plugins for ins if can't even load that first.
    On my server, I have the sourcemod snapshot sourcemod-1.7.1-git5161-windows only, and everything is working out fine. Here's where I got it: http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php

As far as metamod goes... to be honest, I'm new to all this and all I know about is sourcemod. I've not played around with metamod yet. So I'm not sure what you're looking for. If it's just to be able to run source mod plugins on your INS server though - this should work.

*Edit
    I forgot to mention that the server must have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update installed. Here's the link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=26347

Last edited by wribit; 03-10-2015 at 07:52. Reason: missing info
    alencore
    Old 03-11-2015 , 08:10   Re: [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #4

well inmy experience sm won't run if metamod ain't installed and running first coz sm is basically a metamod plugin well will try it anyway without mm. tnx for your time.

Last edited by alencore; 03-12-2015 at 00:58.
    ltgenkd
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-29-2015 , 14:28   Re: [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #5

Nice plugin thanks. 2 problems, the panel always shows Kills:0 and Deaths:0, no matter who I am spectating. Kills and deaths do not accumulate for anyone. 2.- When I am in spectate and the round restarts, the panel does not show. I have to join a team then go back to spectate. Not sure if that is the intended use or not but, can you add a check at round start to see if client is already in spectator?

Thanks
    Old 03-29-2015 , 15:23   Re: [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ltgenkd View Post
    Nice plugin thanks. 2 problems, the panel always shows Kills:0 and Deaths:0, no matter who I am spectating. Kills and deaths do not accumulate for anyone. 2.- When I am in spectate and the round restarts, the panel does not show. I have to join a team then go back to spectate. Not sure if that is the intended use or not but, can you add a check at round start to see if client is already in spectator?

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback! As for the panel not accumulating, I've not had that problem before. Could you let me know if you were a spectator (in the spectator team) or if you were in game, and dead?

The plugin was intended for players in game to be able to see information about people they are spectating when they die. It would be nice though, I agree, for it to also work for spectators that are in the spectating team. I will work on this, and the panel issue right away.

wribit
    ltgenkd
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-29-2015 , 17:35   Re: [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #7

It doesn't matter, in spectator or dead and spectating. No Kills or Deaths accumulate, they stay at "0".
    The panel also conflicts with the admin panel, can your panel be moved?

EDIT: I disabled the plugin for now. Let me know if you want to see it in action and I will enable.

Last edited by ltgenkd; 03-29-2015 at 17:37. Reason: add edit
    wribit
    Old 03-30-2015 , 09:44   Re: [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    The panel also conflicts with the admin panel, can your panel be moved?
    The panel can't be moved - unfortunately, Insurgency doesn't give us much freedom over where we can print things to the screen.

As far as the totals not accumulating, I'm in the process of trying to duplicate the issue. I will be replying with an update soon

wribit
    wribit
    Old 03-30-2015 , 10:02   Re: [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    It doesn't matter, in spectator or dead and spectating. No Kills or Deaths accumulate, they stay at "0".
    I've tested it on two servers so far, and wasn't able to replicate this issue.

Quote:
    EDIT: I disabled the plugin for now. Let me know if you want to see it in action and I will enable.
    I would like to see this in action if you'd be ok with enabling it on your server, so I could see it not working. The only thing I can think of at this moment is a conflict with another plugin.

wribit
    wribit
    Old 04-05-2015 , 10:41   Re: [INS] SpecDetails
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    I have found what the issue might be here, and will be working on an update today. Stay posted!

wribit