12% 

Crashes from plugin using TraceAttack

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-01-2011 , 08:40   Re: Crashes from plugin using TraceAttack
Reply With Quote #11

*sigh*

Again, you say and repeat something you don't even understand the purpose. You can insult me as many times I show you your own stupidy, it doesn't change the fact all you say is some bullshit and when someone says you the truth and even explain you something, you still answer random shits and care only your own opinion, even if it's wrong. You have proven this fact many times. Again, here the same.

if( IsPlayer(iKiller) && is_user_connected(iKiller) )

IsPlayer checks only the index, why we would do that knowing is_user_connected checks [obviously] the player's index ? To avoid simply the call a native because a native costs CPU. (See the tutorial about that). So, it filters most of case before we call the native to check if player is connected. Basically it's coded intelligently.

Here, it's the perfect example where you show your lack of knowledge, where you have not tried to think by yourself. "is_user_connected", "user" = player. Inside this native, to check if an user is connected, it's obvious it needs to check if the index provided is a player before... Just some logic. Something you can confirm yourself by looking at the source code of AMXX. And then you could have understood why IsPlayer was used here.

There is nothing wrong to be a very beginner in Pawn, I was too a beginner, but please, don't try to help by repeating something or saying something you don't fully understand, it will confuse only the person asking for help. So, instead of wasting your time by doing the guy traumatized by the very truth and making me a bad guy (Not I care really, and don't know why you've decided I was a bad guy, but but look, you are alone. I wish you stop to be obsessed by me/my answers), use this time to focus to learn more about the Pawn. It will be a benefit for you and the community.

Last edited by Arkshine; 08-01-2011 at 09:08.
DeLiriuM
Old 08-02-2011 , 01:07   Re: Crashes from plugin using TraceAttack
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
That said, I don't know really why it would crash, I can suggest you to debug the code, putting some debug text at some places and seeing from where it crashes.
Uhm. How ?

Searched the forum, but didn't find anything...
Old 08-02-2011 , 01:14   Re: Crashes from plugin using TraceAttack
Reply With Quote #13

You could do client_prints or server_prints or log_amx to log which parts of the code gets executed. Do this every time you do something in the code (major things), and see which text does not print. Means something inbetween the last text shown and the text not shown is not working correctly and is causing the server to crash.
If you like my work, please
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-02-2011 , 01:34   Re: Crashes from plugin using TraceAttack
Reply With Quote #14

if its a server that you can see the console server_prints work great. but its trace attack lol so you would have to go into the game to do that lol...

client_print(0, print_chat, "MESSAGE");

In places where you think it might be crashing. Change MESSAGE to a description of what is going on there or to check variables to what they should be.

I have had issues with TraceAttack from ham also. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1075600

That plugin uses Ham_TraceAttack so might be useful?
nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2011 , 02:01   Re: Crashes from plugin using TraceAttack
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Holiday View Post
if its a server that you can see the console server_prints work great. but its trace attack lol so you would have to go into the game to do that lol...
Not if you use HLSW
If you like my work, please
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-02-2011 , 02:57   Re: Crashes from plugin using TraceAttack
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilgupta345 View Post
Not if you use HLSW
you still ahve to go in game and attack....