Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Looking to hire help for plugin/script

Post New Thread Reply   

IvyMike551
Old 09-07-2022 , 21:38   Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #1

Howdy,
I've tried to go about this myself, downloading the necessary programs and such but don't really have great command over coding or how AMX works... I'm looking to pay someone to make what *should be* ostensibly a rather easy set of changes for anyone who knows their way around AMX and coding.

Pretty much, I play Counter-Life, and I've got AMX set up on it, I figured AMX is the best way to implement the changes to guns (unless there's another way thru coding/files in Counter-Life..?) - I simply want to have a 1 click setting/plugin that can be easily engaged that makes changes for:
-weapon magazine size/total ammo carrying
-weapon rate of fire changes
-perhaps change firing modes of certain guns? (allow to switch between semi and full/burst?)

Farthest I've been able to get is being able to change the amount of ammo in a magazine, but I have to tediously engage the change in the AMX plugin menu for every individual gun, and I must've done something wrong because each weapon ends up having inf ammo sometimes...

I've tried to implement AMX for Sven Co-Op and achieve these changes there too, but have not had any luck getting AMX to work yet. Any ideas there? I was able to add a plugin that allows for CS weapons to show up in the game, but I'm not really feeling the whole thing where every loading screen/map transition your inventory yeets itself... anyone have any idea how to change that to be more like Half-Life was originally?

Anyhow, let me know if you can help, thanks!
SHIELD755
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2022 , 12:23   Re: Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #2

check your PM Thanks
Old 09-09-2022 , 02:29   Re: Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #3

Correction... I had Amx working for Cstrike, not Counter-Life... Oi-vey, pardon me, just had a kid mind is foggy AF lol... Others have said elsewhere it is not possible to get Amx to work with Counter-Life?
IvyMike551
Old 09-15-2022 , 00:23   Re: Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #4

Ok, so it appears somehow there's been some confusion...

I'm really just looking for some help from someone who is capable of modifying weapon stats for Counter-Life... whether it's by making Amxx work or modifying whatever files for CL it would require...

Can anyone help?
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2022 , 13:24   Re: Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #5

Those stats are added using the amxmodx addon for cstrike, depending on whether or not youre using cs 1.6.

Select base build on whatever OS you have it originally on : https://www.amxmodx.org/downloads-new.php?branch=master

Then download the cstrike package afterwards. Copy and paste the contents from cstrike into the base package. Afterwards you can go into amxmodx/configs/plugins.ini and modify it to have the stats enabled. There is a plugin with a ; in front of it in relation to stats. Remove it, save and upload that file. Then edit what you want ingame after restarting the server
Old 09-16-2022 , 22:44   Re: Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
Those stats are added using the amxmodx addon for cstrike, depending on whether or not youre using cs 1.6.

Select base build on whatever OS you have it originally on : https://www.amxmodx.org/downloads-new.php?branch=master

Then download the cstrike package afterwards. Copy and paste the contents from cstrike into the base package. Afterwards you can go into amxmodx/configs/plugins.ini and modify it to have the stats enabled. There is a plugin with a ; in front of it in relation to stats. Remove it, save and upload that file. Then edit what you want ingame after restarting the server
I feel like I've sort of tried something similar to that with no success... Let me see if I follow what you're instructing (forgive my ignorance):
1. Download base version of Ammx
2. Download CS themed/based files
3. Drop new CS files into the base folder for Ammx (or are you saying to take all of the contents from the origianl CS folder and copy *those* instead...?)
4. Modify plugins.ini
5. Upload file (what do you mean by upload?)
6. Make desired stat changes in game (I was trying to see if there is a way to make a plugin/script that has *all* the desired settings change with just one selection, vs. having to manually make individual selections for each change to each weapon...)

I've been told that Amxx simply *will not* work on CL because it's a single player mod and not multiplayer mod... I installed Ammx into my CS directory and it worked like a champ, tried to do the same into the CL directory using the CS setup, that didn't get it to work, also tried just simply copying and pasting the files for Amxx/Meta in my CS directory into the CL directory, that didn't work either.

At this point I'm just trying to get the Ammx mod menu to appear in CL successfully during gameplay.

Thanks for your response!
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2022 , 05:17   Re: Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #7

CL?

If you're referring to single player, not sure it will honestly work
Old 09-19-2022 , 17:27   Re: Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
CL?

If you're referring to single player, not sure it will honestly work
CL=Counter-Life, a mod primarily focused on using CS weapons in Half-Life single player, has been around since like 2000. It *does* have some multiplayer capability.

I am simply trying to figure out how to modify weapon stats in Counter-Life single player... does anyone know how to "mod a mod"...? I'm nearly clueless when it comes to coding and the like, that's why I've offered to pay.
on154288
Old 09-19-2022 , 23:50   Re: Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #9

Hm.. it seem like Counter-Life is a mod of Half-Life so you might actually need to modified AMXX to make it work there.
And even if AMXX is running, there is no guarentee that the weapon signature is correct to change it
IvyMike551
Old 09-20-2022 , 01:23   Re: Looking to hire help for plugin/script
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by on154288 View Post
Hm.. it seem like Counter-Life is a mod of Half-Life so you might actually need to modified AMXX to make it work there.
And even if AMXX is running, there is no guarentee that the weapon signature is correct to change it
I would say that is more accurate but it is still it's very own mod... has it's own entity in Steam and everything. Let me ask, what files in the standard Half-Life directory deal with weapon statistics and characteristics..?

Last edited by IvyMike551; 09-20-2022 at 01:34.