Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Dedicated Server

Post New Thread Reply   

Albanian Zombie
Old 01-31-2014 , 06:13   Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #1

Hi All
Im ready to buy a dedicated server for my community but I have some problems with the internet connection,searching on the internet I found that these servers need a speed of 100 mbps to give players a NON-LAGGY gameplay,I think that this is toooooooo FAST,maybe it need a internet speed of 30-40 mbps,I couldnt ask at the internet company since I need to be sure for what I want.
So what should I request,I mean 100 mbps which is 400$ per month and we have planned that we are not going to earn any money in the first 4 months or the 30-40 mbps which has a lower price?
Hope you all understand what I mean.
Thank You In Advance
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 01-31-2014 , 06:23   Re: Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #2

You're only going to find 10 or 100 or 1000 Mbps connection speeds for dedicated servers.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Albanian Zombie
Old 01-31-2014 , 06:28   Re: Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
You're only going to find 10 or 100 or 1000 Mbps connection speeds for dedicated servers.
What should I use? 100 mbps is to expensive and 1000 mbps cannot be found in my country,I just found something that says that dedicated servers for 100 players connected at once needs 2.5 mbps.Each slot takes about 25kbps.I think that maybe 15-20 mbps is okay.
YamiKaitou
Old 01-31-2014 , 07:18   Re: Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #4

If you believe that 10Mbps is too slow for you, then you will need 100Mbps

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Albanian Zombie
Old 01-31-2014 , 07:48   Re: Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
If you believe that 10Mbps is too slow for you, then you will need 100Mbps
3-4 years ago I used to have a laptop with 1 mbps,while playing online CS 1.6 I have like 80-90 ping or lower,SA:MP also has 90 ping sometimes that goes 100-120 ping,but 90 was good and NON-LAGGY,maybe 15-20 mbps will be good but I need someone to confirm this.

Last edited by Albanian Zombie; 01-31-2014 at 07:49.
YamiKaitou
Old 01-31-2014 , 07:56   Re: Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #6

I don't know what you need confirmed, you either get the 10Mbps or 100Mbps connection. There is no in between on Dedicated Servers (Virtual Servers, yes there is an in between as it can be capped by the host machine who has a 10/100/1000/10000 Mbps connection that is shared by multiple virtual servers)

Albanian Zombie
Old 01-31-2014 , 08:06   Re: Dedicated Server
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
I don't know what you need confirmed, you either get the 10Mbps or 100Mbps connection. There is no in between on Dedicated Servers (Virtual Servers, yes there is an in between as it can be capped by the host machine who has a 10/100/1000/10000 Mbps connection that is shared by multiple virtual servers)
Well,Just maked a conversation with a host owner and 10 mbps is okay since 1mbps for 32 slots.

Last edited by Albanian Zombie; 01-31-2014 at 09:26. Reason: SOLVED