Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

BF2 Rank Mod 1.5.5 [4/21/11] (pRED*)

Post New Thread Reply   

michael05242002
Old 03-03-2007 , 06:40   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #31

How about saves the badges data by nick?
I think it is better
sytremelaker
Old 03-03-2007 , 08:51   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #32

Okay cool, I got it to work.

Too bad to here that you wont be doing CSDM-related badges.

How about make badges that you have to do a very unique task like "Kill [x] amount of people in [x] amount of time". Tasks you don't see normally in CS.
Send a message via AIM to sytremelaker
violentcrimes
Old 03-03-2007 , 11:09   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #33

does it work for cz?
Old 03-03-2007 , 14:07   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #34

It should work for CZ but I haven't personally tested it..

As fro CSDM. Normally when the round ends, the mod retrieves massive amounts of data from the csstats file to check every single player, for every single badge.. To make x kills in x seconds, I would have to run these checks every second.. This would probably make even the most powerful servers unplayable. Trust me, it's not what you want.

Is there a way to force round ends in CSDM? like round auto ends after 5 mins or so? Cos that would fix the badge problems..
pRED*
Old 03-03-2007 , 21:34   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #35

Updated to version 1.1

Now includes SQL support (bf2_sql 1) and a new reward for support badge.
Old support badge was too powerfull, so you now get increased speed when holding a M249. Once the new amxx is released (and the ham sandwich module is part of core) I will change it again (more damage, more recoil..)

Also a few bugs fixed and more screen shakes and flashes etc..
pRED*
Old 03-04-2007 , 20:40   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #36

Triple post but I need this to come up as unread.

Version 1.2 Released!

Very important update - Fixed major bug with global kills being reset every map (making 3/4 of the badges impossible to get..)
Also added a kill viewer to the menu (say /bf2stats) to show how many kills you have with some guns (keep track on how close to badges you are getting)
Also added a bf2_vaultload command. Useful for changing from vault to sql and keeping peoples badge info. See the sma.
sytremelaker
Old 03-05-2007 , 05:51   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #37

New version looks great. I was starting to wonder why my global kills weren't saving. Good Job. Got some questions though.

I'm kind of hesitant to update my server to 1.2 though. Will it force my players to lose there ranks and reatrt at Private again?

Also, your plugin doesn't work if there are endless rounds. Does map change count as a new round and any Badges that would have been recieved would load on next map?

Finally, Do you plan on adding more ranks? If you do, I cant wait for the next version.

Last edited by sytremelaker; 03-05-2007 at 05:56.
pRED*
Old 03-05-2007 , 14:04   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #38

Are you using vault or sql?

Upgrading to version 1.2 will not reset the rank, only badges (if you are on sql). If you use vault saving, upgrading will not change anything.

As for the endless rounds.. No map change will not be the same as round end, so badges will not be earnt. I will either code you a mini force round end after timelimit -1 plugin or somehow add that function into bf2ranks..

Yup some of the special ranks from bf2 (the ones that you need x badges for but the same amount of points as the normal rank) (eg..first sergeant, sergeant major etc..) are on my list of things I'd like to add. So are a few more badges. Not quite sure how I'm going to do them tho so I wouldn't hold your breath. Gonna try make sure 1.2 is bug free first.

Also might add some little rank pictures appear above teammates heads (like real bf2..)
sytremelaker
Old 03-05-2007 , 14:53   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #39

Okay, sounds great. I wouldn't make pictures above a player's head if it requires downloading. Maybbe putting there rank and # of kills might be a good idea.
pRED*
Old 03-05-2007 , 15:35   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #40

Well it'd be optional and only tiny files to download..17 or 21 tiny little sprite images. Be like a 5 second download