Post New Thread Reply   

sigsegv
Old 08-13-2009 , 20:47   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #31

Kudos, Bailopan. Thanks!
leV
Old 08-13-2009 , 20:50   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #32

Thanks bailopan, your work is brilliant (and everyone else in the sourcemod team) BTW You never got back to me about that little sourcemod mirror thingy ;)

<3

Chris-_-
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-13-2009 , 21:26   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #33

I'm just gonna wait, i want everything to be stable, not even considering to download the tf2 update on my servers >_>
ilovelamp
Old 08-13-2009 , 21:44   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #34

I just went insane loading up every recent version of SM before I saw this thread... >.<

<3 Bailopan, the god of Source coding.
Yelly Von Hollerlots
Old 08-13-2009 , 21:53   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #35

Thanks for getting on this! I was really pulling my hair out with our server not starting.
Old 08-13-2009 , 22:02   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #36

Valve never ceases to amaze me, for better or worse.... I would love to know the percentage, but surely there are more servers out there running sourcemod than not...and you are going to release an update with the complexity of this, and not at least take the time to test and veryify with sourcemod builds before release?

One of the two groups knows exactly what they are doing with this update.....and it "aint" Valve

BAILOPAN, if you ever play Team Fortress 2 and find yourself in need of a medic bi**h, I would be much obliged...LOL Seriously, thank for all of your hard work! (And Knowledge)
markym
Old 08-13-2009 , 22:20   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #37

yes all, same problem here too, I had just updated to the latest SM stable snapshot 1.2.2 hg2720 and then the Steam release hit and both my DODS and TF2 servers went into reboot cycle hell generating about 500 log files before I figured out what was wrong. The only way to get them to work was to disable my Addon folder where SM lives

Best way to disable SM without losing all your files is to rename your addon folder to like 11_addon or something like that so the once we have an SM fix it will be easy to rename it back after you update the files.

Here's the message I got from my server provider too about the update that came out

The SM crew has a lot of patching to do if this is the case in order to get things live again.

Just got light of this as well:

They broke the datatable structs and they are now using l4d format for TF2 so if SM pushes that into their code, SM will cease to work on all OB mods besides TF2. TF2 does use a slightly different engine than the SDK, but valve broke the actual public API

_____________________________________________ _____

I feel bad for the SM team who now has to try and figure out WTF Steam did and I know there are thousands of servers out there using SM that are all equally in the same boat we all are. Be patient all these guys rock and it's best for us to give them the time they need to do their stuff.

Last edited by markym; 08-13-2009 at 22:29.
InflatableSoulmate
Old 08-13-2009 , 22:38   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Just got light of this as well:

They broke the datatable structs and they are now using l4d format for TF2 so if SM pushes that into their code, SM will cease to work on all OB mods besides TF2. TF2 does use a slightly different engine than the SDK, but valve broke the actual public API
Actually, SM works fine on L4D already, without breaking any other games. They would just need to inform whatever is going on in the SM code that "Now TF2 uses the L4D doomaflotchie", and that is pretty much fixed. I'm sure it's all more complicated than that, but I wouldn't worry about SM no longer working on other OB games.
http://www.brothersofchaos.com/
Buzzaard
Old 08-13-2009 , 22:45   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #39

I would say its for Orangebox engine . Since TF2, DOD:s and L4D are affected..
Anyone have any non orange box games that were killed by the update?
eee
Old 08-13-2009 , 22:51   Re: Sourcemod 1.2.1 goes haywayre with latest update
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzaard View Post
I would say its for Orangebox engine . Since TF2, DOD:s and L4D are affected..
Anyone have any non orange box games that were killed by the update?
L4D is not an orangebox game, nor does it run on that engine, and is not having problems from what I've heard.

Last edited by eee; 08-13-2009 at 22:51. Reason: That is not a period that is a slash why did I do that