Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [TF2]Sourcemod and base plugins (like tf2items) load but other plugins aren't loading

Post New Thread Reply   

xjonx
Old 11-28-2016 , 11:31   [TF2]Sourcemod and base plugins (like tf2items) load but other plugins aren't loading
Reply With Quote #1

I have a TF2 server run from my Windows 7 Pro Machine. I've installed metamod and sourcemod correctly. Yes, sourcemod.vdf and metamod.vdf exist in the "addons/metamod" AND "tf/addons/" directories. Most base plugins (like Steam Tools TF2 Items, etc.) load and work. However, none of the other plugins will load (like: Time Left Actions, Team Locker, TF2 Forced Holiday, etc.) I don't get any error messages when loading them, they just don't work. When I list the plugins with meta list, it lists 8 plugins. I have WAY MORE than that. I think I have about 77 plugins.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some things from the server console:
an error on the start of the server console:
Code:
Could not get IServerPluginCallbacks interface from plugin "addons/sourcemod/bin
/sourcemod_mm"maxplayers set to 24
what I get from: meta list
Code:
meta list
Listing 9 plugins:
  [01] <ERROR>
  [02] SourceMod (1.8.0.5951) by AlliedModders LLC
  [03] Stripper (1.2.2) by BAILOPAN
  [04] TF2Items (1.5.3) by Asherkin & AzuiSleet & Damizean
  [05] TF2 Tools (1.8.0.5951) by AlliedModders LLC
  [06] SDK Hooks (1.8.0.5951) by AlliedModders LLC
  [07] SDK Tools (1.8.0.5951) by AlliedModders LLC
  [08] SteamTools (0.10.0+b8565d3) by Asher "asherkin" Baker
  [09] File Net Messages (0.0.2) by Popoklopsi
what I get from: plugin_print
Code:
plugin_print
Loaded plugins:
---------------------
0:      "Metamod:Source 1.10.6"
---------------------
what I get from: plugin_load
Code:
plugin_load time-left-actions.smx
plugin_load : cannot load a plugin while running a map

Last edited by xjonx; 11-28-2016 at 18:20. Reason: Fixed
Send a message via Skype™ to xjonx
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2016 , 13:04   Re: [TF2]Sourcemod and base plugins (like tf2items) load but other plugins aren't loa
Reply With Quote #2

First question. Have you recently added any addons? If yes, remove them and see if it works.

If that does not work..

Have you tried to run without addons? Just rename your addons folder to addons2 and then try and see if the server will load.

Next, if your server loads fine, then rename addons2 to addons and just move all your plugins out of the addon directory to anywhere else on your hard drive and then load them one by one for each server restart until you find the plugin that gives you these problems.

BAFFLED
Old 11-28-2016 , 13:07   Re: [TF2]Sourcemod and base plugins (like tf2items) load but other plugins aren't loa
Reply With Quote #3

The latest dev snapshot of MM:S is not currently compatible with the latest build of SM. Use the stable version (or stable branch snapshot) of MM:S.

Also, the plugin_load command is the built-in engine command for loading VSPs, like MM:S. "sm plugins load" is the command for loading sm plugins manually.

Last edited by psychonic; 11-28-2016 at 13:08.
xjonx
Old 11-28-2016 , 14:20   Re: [TF2]Sourcemod and base plugins (like tf2items) load but other plugins aren't loa
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The latest dev snapshot of MM:S is not currently compatible with the latest build of SM. Use the stable version (or stable branch snapshot) of MM:S.

Also, the plugin_load command is the built-in engine command for loading VSPs, like MM:S. "sm plugins load" is the command for loading sm plugins manually.
Would the stable branch be at the download page? As that is where I got metamod from in the first place.

And by the way, I did do one plugin by one plugin and nothing worked besides the base plugins. I also did rename the addons folder and everything worked fine, the server started up and everything but had no plugins. Also removing stripper did not help at all.

Last edited by xjonx; 11-28-2016 at 14:28. Reason: Tried other things
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-28-2016 , 14:38   Re: [TF2]Sourcemod and base plugins (like tf2items) load but other plugins aren't loa
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjonx View Post
Would the stable branch be at the download page? As that is where I got metamod from in the first place.

And by the way, I did do one plugin by one plugin and nothing worked besides the base plugins. I also did rename the addons folder and everything worked fine, the server started up and everything but had no plugins. Also removing stripper did not help at all.
Yes.

I missed that part. You issue is something else entirely.

The "Could not get IServerPluginCallbacks interface from plugin "addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm" error is from trying to load SourceMod with the plugin_print command. SourceMod is not a VSP.

Aside for that and trying to use the plugin_load command with a SourceMod plugin, you haven't given any indication of anything going wrong.

What does your "sm plugins list" look like? Anything in your SM error logs? Error output when you try to manually load your plugin with the proper command? ("sm plugins load time-left-actions")
xjonx
Old 11-28-2016 , 15:31   Re: [TF2]Sourcemod and base plugins (like tf2items) load but other plugins aren't loa
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Yes.

I missed that part. You issue is something else entirely.

The "Could not get IServerPluginCallbacks interface from plugin "addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm" error is from trying to load SourceMod with the plugin_print command. SourceMod is not a VSP.

Aside for that and trying to use the plugin_load command with a SourceMod plugin, you haven't given any indication of anything going wrong.

What does your "sm plugins list" look like? Anything in your SM error logs? Error output when you try to manually load your plugin with the proper command? ("sm plugins load time-left-actions")
Exactly why I posted this, I had no idea what was wrong. Anyways...

sm plugins list crashes the server
Error log says that a plugin failed to read a config file "defualt.conf" (from time-left-actions)

And here what I get when trying to load a plugin using sm plugins load:
Code:
sm plugins load time-left-actions
[SM] Plugin time-left-actions.smx is already loaded.
I'll try deleting time-left-actions

EDIT: That made everything work, the sm plugins list command works and everything is working. Time-left-actions was malfunctioning? I did install the config.dll extension that it needs. This is unrelated but is there any other plugin that executes a multiple commands ONCE at multiple different times? As "command time traveler" plugin repeats the command (for example) every 2 minutes rather than executing the command ONCE at 2 minutes then doesn't repeat the next 2 minutes. This

EDIT 2: Nevermind, still get the Could not get IServerPluginCallbacks interface from plugin "addons/sourcemod/bin
/sourcemod_mm error, but it doesn't effect nothing

Last edited by xjonx; 11-28-2016 at 15:40. Reason: Not fixed woops
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-28-2016 , 15:53   Re: [TF2]Sourcemod and base plugins (like tf2items) load but other plugins aren't loa
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjonx View Post
EDIT 2: Nevermind, still get the Could not get IServerPluginCallbacks interface from plugin "addons/sourcemod/bin
/sourcemod_mm error, but it doesn't effect nothing
You probably have an extra copy of sourcemod.vdf sitting directly in addons/

You should only have a sourcemod.vdf in the metamod folder.
xjonx
Old 11-28-2016 , 18:19   Re: [TF2]Sourcemod and base plugins (like tf2items) load but other plugins aren't loa
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
You probably have an extra copy of sourcemod.vdf sitting directly in addons/

You should only have a sourcemod.vdf in the metamod folder.
that fixed it, thanks