Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

NeZz_DK
Old 09-22-2015 , 12:09   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
The freezing issue is actually a weird issue with the Desktop Window Manager within Windows. I've come up with a workaround and many have had success with it. I plan on releasing it in the next version.

Did you try version 2.9 beta 2 in the link above?
I have tested 2.9 beta 2 the last couple of days, and the interface still freezes overnight.

I also lost my Servers.xml after upgrading from 2.8 to beta 2, it was gone after the first crash.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-27-2015 , 08:10   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #512

Hey guys,

Just an update here - I've been working with several users on the memory leak issue (where the application reaches hundreds of MB in memory).

An easy workaround for now is just to terminate "seDirector.exe" and reopen it. It should automatically pick up the servers that were running and show them running again, evening restoring the server uptime.

A permanent fix is coming, very much promised!

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2015 , 21:00   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #513

Is there any way to start the servers when the computer boots up, like a service.

I want to use seDirector, but I current;y use SRCDS Manager, which is a service, and I set it to startup the servers on boot, even if nobody logs in. Since I use my server for multiple applications, I don't wanna have to manually start the server on reboot.

Also, @br5dy, Synergy has now added Workshop support. (Synergy was the game I gave you info about).

Also, Since Synergy mounts maps from external HL2 vpk's, seDirector does not find them, can you add an option to add a custom map. (Currently, I have to extract. the map into the maps folder, set it in seDirector, then save, then delete the bsp

Last edited by Sarabveer; 10-06-2015 at 21:03.
braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-06-2015 , 23:27   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabveer View Post
Is there any way to start the servers when the computer boots up, like a service.

I want to use seDirector, but I current;y use SRCDS Manager, which is a service, and I set it to startup the servers on boot, even if nobody logs in. Since I use my server for multiple applications, I don't wanna have to manually start the server on reboot.
server->right click->properties->Automation->"Start when seDirector starts" (check this)
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2015 , 14:52   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by braak0327 View Post
server->right click->properties->Automation->"Start when seDirector starts" (check this)
Thats not what i'm looking for, That makes it so the server starts when I manually start seDirector. I want to make seDirector start without me even logging in

Last edited by Sarabveer; 10-07-2015 at 15:02.
braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-08-2015 , 23:29   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #516

Quote:
Thats not what i'm looking for, That makes it so the server starts when I manually start seDirector. I want to make seDirector start without me even logging in
hmm... I'm not sure I fully understand what you said

how about use what I was said and make seDirector startup program in windows?

I think this is what you want
jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2015 , 23:30   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by braak0327 View Post
hmm... I'm not sure I fully understand what you said

how about use what I was said and make seDirector startup program in windows?

I think this is what you want
he wants se director to be a service that starts before you log in with a user.
Jakeey802
Old 10-09-2015 , 16:12   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #518

pretty nifty app. Woke up and the server was all updated and running from the overnight update and it hadn't crashed which usually happens my test server every 7hrs
TUSK3N1337
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-16-2015 , 11:49   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #519

Quote:
Windows already have a program for this "Task Scheduler" you can add a task in there and make it so SeDirector runs even if the user is not logged in.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2015 , 20:30   Re: [v2.8] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #520

Quote:

Also, @br5dy, Synergy has now added Workshop support. (Synergy was the game I gave you info about).

Also, Since Synergy mounts maps from external HL2 vpk's, seDirector does not find them, can you add an option to add a custom map. (Currently, I have to extract. the map into the maps folder, set it in seDirector, then save, then delete the bsp
We've been considering switching everything to a true Windows service, but there's some pros and cons with that. Personally I'm leaning more toward a yes. So we'll see.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)