Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.25) [25-Oct-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2019 , 03:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #31

Plugin reads up the mission files and I run a lot of custom maps. Result is segment fault errors, so I removed the mission files functions as I only needed to change weapon attributes.
Old 09-18-2019 , 11:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Plugin reads up the mission files and I run a lot of custom maps. Result is segment fault errors, so I removed the mission files functions as I only needed to change weapon attributes.
Just to be clear it only reads the current maps mission txt on map load, not all of them at the same time. I don't know why this would cause a segfault, but I'm also not going to download tons of maps to test. I still think the error would occur with bad changes to a maps config via this plugin, but not from the map(s) itself.
Old 09-18-2019 , 12:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #33

I didn’t make any config changes between the tests. The only difference is the mission files. Map crashes on the load up, I will send you the config later in the day, but don’t recall making any specific changes.
Old 09-18-2019 , 13:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
I didn’t make any config changes between the tests. The only difference is the mission files. Map crashes on the load up, I will send you the config later in the day, but don’t recall making any specific changes.
Must be a specific map? Which?
Old 09-18-2019 , 16:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #35

So maybe I'm doing something wrong or just don't know the values needed to adjust.

When I'm incapped, I find whatever primary weapon I have is set to single shot like the pistol. I suppose this can't be avoided unless I'm missing the value needed to tweak in the weapon editor while incapped.

The other issue I find (maybe just me) is I can't cycle through the weapons when I'm incapped. I can only use the weapon I'm incapped with. Unless I have a throwable, then it will switch me to the primary weapon after I use the throwable.

Are these just issues on my end or am I missing something?

Last edited by Sev; 09-18-2019 at 16:46.
xZk
Old 09-18-2019 , 17:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
The other issue I find (maybe just me) is I can't cycle through the weapons when I'm incapped. I can only use the weapon I'm incapped with. Unless I have a throwable, then it will switch me to the primary weapon after I use the throwable.

Are these just issues on my end or am I missing something?
That issue you can solve configuring the others slots weapons(grenades, kits, pils) with:
Code:
"WeaponType" "pistol"
But this will cause bug in the weapons spawn in map(Stripper), of the kits, defibs, and sometimes weapon primaries or secondaries, where these will not spawn :/

Last edited by xZk; 09-18-2019 at 17:43.
BlackSabbarh
Old 09-19-2019 , 14:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #37

Has anyone changed the refill speed with the shotguns? Can I change the reload speed in l4d1 but not in l4d2, has anyone tried?
I can change all other things like clip, range, bullets, but increasing the reload speed doesn't work, it keeps recharging normally, but in l4d1 it does.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-19-2019 , 17:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
When I'm incapped, I find whatever primary weapon I have is set to single shot like the pistol. I suppose this can't be avoided unless I'm missing the value needed to tweak in the weapon editor while incapped.
Hmm when I tried gun was full auto but shooting slower than normal.

Quote:
I have this problem too.

A secondary plugin would have to be written to maybe fix these issues, although I'm not sure if that's possible.. detecting weapon change when it's not actively changing is a problem. Theres no OnPlayerRunCmd detection for changing weapons.

Edit: "xZk" has released an Incapped Weapons plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbarh View Post
Has anyone changed the refill speed with the shotguns? Can I change the reload speed in l4d1 but not in l4d2, has anyone tried?
I can change all other things like clip, range, bullets, but increasing the reload speed doesn't work, it keeps recharging normally, but in l4d1 it does.
I've not tried. Sounds like they changed something in L4D2, would probably need another method to modify. Haven't I seen some plugins which control reload speed and fire rate?

Edit: "Lux" has released a WeaponHandling_API plugin.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-11-2020 at 15:58.
BlackSabbarh
Old 09-19-2019 , 20:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Hmm when I tried gun was full auto but shooting slower than normal.

I have this problem too.

A secondary plugin would have to be written to maybe fix these issues, although I'm not sure if that's possible.. detecting weapon change when it's not actively changing is a problem. Theres no OnPlayerRunCmd detection for changing weapons.

I've not tried. Sounds like they changed something in L4D2, would probably need another method to modify. Haven't I seen some plugins which control reload speed and fire rate?

The fire rate can be modified without problems with all weapons, but it does not work on shotguns, both the fire rate and rapid reload do not work on shotguns
BlackSabbarh
Old 09-19-2019 , 20:37   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.2) [17-Sep-2019]
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbarh View Post
The fire rate can be modified without problems with all weapons, but it does not work on shotguns, both the fire rate and rapid reload do not work on shotguns

Only the fire speed and the fast reload do not work for me in the shotguns of l4d2, all the other weapons work well, in l4d1 the same everything works well with all the weapons.