Updates to the Steam Client have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
* Friends now displays the game you are playing to all your friends
* Attempting to add a Friend who doesn't have a Steam account will now give you the option to send them an email, inviting them to become one
* The words 'valve' or 'steam' are no longer available for use in the Friends name
* Fixed game install dialog over estimating install size for games that shared content
* Added a "Don't Show me Again" checkbox to the System Requirements dialog for games
* Fixed FPS drop after running a listen server
Note There was initially a Counter-Strike 1.6 crash caused by this update, but that has since been fixed
A stupid update, IMO...
This is an opportunity rant (yay!):
Steam has become the biggest adware issue on my computer. If I try to play normal HL through Steam, it wants to connect to the internet so it can show the advert while loading... Plus all those advertisement on the Steam program are ridicolous.
And the latest thing that really got me is that Pop Cap games thing. Oh god. Why? WHY?
Oh, and I also forgot that line on the update: "Attempting to add a Friend who doesn't have a Steam account will now give you the option to send them an email, inviting them to become one"