Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2006 , 12:11   Re: Chron
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Hi L. Duke:

Well I haven't looked closely at this yet but it would be very simple. Something like a cvar for Date Hour Minute Second and possibly a total time since 1970 (I don't know if you're familiar with that concept but it is basically a count in seconds since 1970).

So it would be:

server_var(cron_date) or day or whatever you can add
server_var(cron_hour) -would report the server hour
server_var(cron_munute)
server_var(cron_second)

This way we wouldn't have to add recurring counters in ES or wait fro round starts etc. to check the time.

The server_var(cron_count) could be a a progressive number of seconds as mentioned above.

For example in my clan practise script I have to convert the start time to a number of minutes and the end time to a number of minutes so that I can find the difference between the two.

I hope this makes sense.

I am sorry that my knowledge in this area is limited to event scripts only so what I am asking may be ridiculous.

I must add that I haven't thought this though completely so please don't rush ahead and do it, only for me as it were.

Thanks for your hard work anyway.

:-)
I'm not going to add a cvar that is updated with the time every second as that would add more server load than a plugin like this should be using. If there is a way you could use a con command to request the data I would do that, as then it would only run code when you requested it.