Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead

Post New Thread Reply   

chinagreenelvis
Old 10-06-2012 , 16:59   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #131

The only thing this plugin does is to turn the death check off. When players die, it checks for how many players are still alive, and if there aren't any players left, it calls for the scenario to end. I can't imagine how it would be causing anyone to spawn dead.

Use this plugin by itself. Then slowly add other plugins until you figure out which one is causing the problem.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2012 , 23:19   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #132

Actually, I just tested my own server multiple times and it is this plugin causing the problem as described where users fall out of the map on start of the 2nd level of a campaign and respawn with no equipment in the room.

I disabled and enabled the plugin twice and received the same result each time.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-03-2012 , 22:12   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #133

yah, even with only this plugin running it still happens, just not everytime for me its weird, thats why i've gone back to using a previous version...works fine with all the mods i use so...
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2013 , 12:11   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #134

I stopped using this plugin because it causes the server to miss rounds out randomly during versus, which version currently works best?

Last edited by RavenDan29; 05-17-2013 at 13:10.
dcx2
Old 05-20-2013 , 16:46   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #135

I looked at the plugin source. If I had to take a guess (without doing any testing), it would be that multiple timers are being created if e.g. two survivors die in rapid succession.

Example: Nick and Rochelle are left. Rochelle is down by a horde and Nick is being chased by the witch. Rochelle dies at t=7.1, DeathCheck() executes and starts a 3.0 second timer. Nick dies at t=7.3, DeathCheck() executes again and starts another 3.0 second timer.

At t=10.1, all survivors are dead, and Timer_DeathCheck will execute scenario_end. At t=10.3, Timer_DeathCheck executes scenario_end a second time. If I had to guess, it is calling scenario_end twice that is causing the problem.

If I had to field a second guess, maybe DeathCheck() is being called before the survivors have spawned, and it's executing scenario_end before the round begins?

Personally, I never liked scenario_end. Executing server commands can cause weird things to happen; I remember in the Source engine game Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, if you were to execute a changelevel in the console, you would lose all your stats and experience!

In my experience, all you have to do is make sure director_no_death_check is 0 for at least 1.5 seconds when a round starts. No more "all dead glitch" and no need to execute scenario_end. I modified CGE's plugin to do this and posted it in post #66 of this thread, so for any server admins who are currently having trouble with this plugin, you could give mine a try.
Old 06-22-2013 , 10:53   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcx2 View Post
I looked at the plugin source. If I had to take a guess (without doing any testing), it would be that multiple timers are being created if e.g. two survivors die in rapid succession.

Example: Nick and Rochelle are left. Rochelle is down by a horde and Nick is being chased by the witch. Rochelle dies at t=7.1, DeathCheck() executes and starts a 3.0 second timer. Nick dies at t=7.3, DeathCheck() executes again and starts another 3.0 second timer.

At t=10.1, all survivors are dead, and Timer_DeathCheck will execute scenario_end. At t=10.3, Timer_DeathCheck executes scenario_end a second time. If I had to guess, it is calling scenario_end twice that is causing the problem.

If I had to field a second guess, maybe DeathCheck() is being called before the survivors have spawned, and it's executing scenario_end before the round begins?

Personally, I never liked scenario_end. Executing server commands can cause weird things to happen; I remember in the Source engine game Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, if you were to execute a changelevel in the console, you would lose all your stats and experience!

In my experience, all you have to do is make sure director_no_death_check is 0 for at least 1.5 seconds when a round starts. No more "all dead glitch" and no need to execute scenario_end. I modified CGE's plugin to do this and posted it in post #66 of this thread, so for any server admins who are currently having trouble with this plugin, you could give mine a try.
I'll give this one a whirl.
chatyak
Old 07-07-2013 , 18:09   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #137

I'm having issues with rounds ending/skipping because of this plugin - going to try the one that dcx2 posted.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2013 , 05:46   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #138

post 66 still has issues crashes, restart crashes to first map or black screen blinds you is there a working version?

Last edited by RavenDan29; 11-06-2013 at 11:30.
dcx2
Old 11-06-2013 , 11:55   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #139

My version doesn't do anything that should cause that kind of problem. I've been using that specific version for at least a year and a half, pretty regularly on campaign and versus. Are you sure it's mine? Have you removed mine and the problem goes away? Did you delete the old one? (it has a different name, cge_l4d2_deathcheck.smx, mine is named l4d_2_deathcheck.smx)
Old 11-08-2013 , 07:24   Re: [L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead
Reply With Quote #140

yes I deleted it what verson of sm+mm are using then?