Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Can the precache 512 limit be bypassed by combining models into one model?

Post New Thread Reply   

GlobalPlague
Old 12-15-2022 , 20:23   Can the precache 512 limit be bypassed by combining models into one model?
Reply With Quote #1

The model limit is 512. But can you add to your server 1000 models, for example, if you combine all those models into a single model? I have see multiple models to be combined into a single model. Can combining them help bypass the 512 limit?

Also, does that limit cover only the models, or doesn't it extends to everything, models, sounds, sprites, etc...? If it extends to everything, is there a way to still bypass the limit?
wilian159
Old 12-16-2022 , 08:26   Re: Can the precache 512 limit be bypassed by combining models into one model?
Reply With Quote #2

you get to work around a bit, remove some of the game's default sounds and free up spaces, etc. You can also join models in 1, but not all models can be joined too, you have to know how to do it.

files like mp3, hud sprites, .txt, all can be used as 'generic' so it doesn't add up in the engine.
Old 12-16-2022 , 14:31   Re: Can the precache 512 limit be bypassed by combining models into one model?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilian159 View Post
you get to work around a bit, remove some of the game's default sounds and free up spaces, etc. You can also join models in 1, but not all models can be joined too, you have to know how to do it.

files like mp3, hud sprites, .txt, all can be used as 'generic' so it doesn't add up in the engine.
I'm asking if it's possible to increase the limit, so i can actually add as many models as i want, without being restricted.

So, if i combine models into a single model, the game will view all models as a one model, meaning the number of models i can use is theoretically infinite?

What models can't be combined?

So, sounds and sprites don't count, meaning the number of sounds and sprites can be theoretically infinite?
DeteCT0R
Old 12-17-2022 , 03:59   Re: Can the precache 512 limit be bypassed by combining models into one model?
Reply With Quote #4

You cant increase the 512 limit. Hoover you can "play" with it as @wilian159 said you can free up space.
Putting together models is one way but im pretty sure there is limited. Also the file size is gonna get big.

Sounds and Sprites also count in the 512 limit.

Last edited by DeteCT0R; 12-17-2022 at 03:59.
GlobalPlague
Old 12-17-2022 , 09:01   Re: Can the precache 512 limit be bypassed by combining models into one model?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeteCT0R View Post
You cant increase the 512 limit. Hoover you can "play" with it as @wilian159 said you can free up space.
Putting together models is one way but im pretty sure there is limited. Also the file size is gonna get big.

Sounds and Sprites also count in the 512 limit.
What about this: https://dev-cs.ru/resources/213/ ? Won't it allow me to add as many models as i want, or it will simply buy some more free space, but i still won't be able to add as many models as i want?
wilian159
Old 12-17-2022 , 19:56   Re: Can the precache 512 limit be bypassed by combining models into one model?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalPlague View Post
What about this: https://dev-cs.ru/resources/213/ ? Won't it allow me to add as many models as i want, or it will simply buy some more free space, but i still won't be able to add as many models as i want?
this does what I mentioned, it does not increase the precache, with it it is able to block some game sounds and free up space, increasing it has no way