Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2019 , 11:09   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyox123cc View Post
Dragon's Fury
Gas Passer
Hot Hand
Thermal Thruster

Will not appear in the upgrade menu
but Second Banana Will show
When new weapon classes are added into the game you have to manually add them into your Uber Upgrades configuration files.

For example, the Air Strike rocket launcher was introduced into the game. It has a weapon class of "tf_weapon_rocketlaucher_airstrike". That weapon class didn't exist in the \sourcemod\configs\uu_weapons.txt file. So... you have to add it and link it to a menu that appear in the list of menus (\sourcemod\configs\uu_lists.txt). We want to upgrade with the same menu options of any other rocket launcher so we'll use the existing menu for rocket launchers which is "expweap".

So... for the example to work you'd use a good notepad editor like Notepad++ to edit the file "\sourcemod\configs\uu_weapons.txt". Your edit will be to add this line:

"tf_weapons_rocketlauncher_airstrike" "expweap"

While you are at it, add this line for the Classic sniper rifle to allow sniper rifle menu upgrades:

"tf_weapon_sniperrifle_classic" "snipe"

Doing the above will allow your players to upgrade the Air Strike like any other rocket launcher and the Classic like any other sniper rifle.

That doesn't help you with the some of the Inferno weapons (Dragon's Fury, Hot Hand, Gas Passer). Those weapons don't really have an exact in game equivalent.

For the Hot Hand, you may want to treat it like any other Pyro melee weapon. If so, you could add the weapon class to your "uu_weapons.txt" file and link it to to the existing pyro melee weapons menu like this:

"tf_weapon_slap" "melpyr"

However, for the Dragon's Fury and Gas Passer you'll probably want to develop a new menu list by editing the "uu_lists.txt" file. This isn't easy, but can be done. Menu items in that list have to match existing attributes in the "uu_attributes.txt" file as well as the "\sourcemod\translations\tf2items_uu.phrases. txt" file. The "uu_attributes.txt" file is also where you can edit the cost of a specific upgrade.

Weapon classes for Inferno items are: tf_weapon_rocketlauncher_fireball, tf_weapon_rocketpack, tf_weapon_jar_gas, and tf_weapon_slap

You can visit my server (HappyLand Uber Upgrades and Bots) to get an idea on what attributes to use with inferno weapon upgrades.

I hope this helps.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2019 , 11:17   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyox123cc View Post
thx it works
Just curious which "version" of tf2itemsinfo are you guys using?

I see there is a new replacement for this but the name escapes me atm.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2019 , 12:06   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #193

I'm using tf2itemsinfo version 1.9.1 written by Leonardo and modified by Chauffer which is available here: https://github.com/chauffer/tf2itemsinfo
Bashie
Old 06-05-2019 , 09:17   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
I've been running Uber Upgrades on my Server for 5 years. I don't run a stock version since I have Bots that also get upgrades (HappyLand Uber Upgrades & Bots).

However, attached to this post is the version previously uploaded by FluffyDaniel. I've further modified it to allow players to keep their upgrades between rounds.

I recommend reading posts in this entire thread to learn how to get it running correctly.

Enjoy!
Omg thank you so much! Will use ^^ <3
Memepugg
Old 08-15-2019 , 17:14   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #195

Hi!
I am having problems trying to get Uber Upgrades set up on a custom server for some of my friends.
Whenever I try and load the server up, it displays a few errors related to the plugins and possibly some other stuff in the code I might not know about, and I need help.
I've looked at several versions of the plugins and script files in this forum and sadly none so far have worked. And if it helps with deducing what's wrong with the files, I have this server port forwarded and it's not a LAN server.

This is what it displays in the srcds code if anyone is curious:
(the image may look small on here but just click on it to see the full image)
Click image for larger version

Name:	sourceerror.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	176886

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2019 , 18:25   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #196

Memepugg... did you install the tf2itemsinfo version 1.9.1 written by Leonardo and modified by Chauffer which is available here: https://github.com/chauffer/tf2itemsinfo
Memepugg
Old 08-15-2019 , 19:09   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #197

Quote:
Memepugg... did you install the tf2itemsinfo version 1.9.1 written by Leonardo and modified by Chauffer which is available here: https://github.com/chauffer/tf2itemsinfo
Yep!
I already installed it from a pervious post before posting on here
And I also downloaded it again and put the files where they should be again
But it still didn't work when I loaded the server up

Last edited by Memepugg; 08-15-2019 at 19:11.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2019 , 19:51   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #198

Memepugg... what error do you get when you type this in the server console: sm plugins load tf2itemsinfo
Memepugg
Old 08-15-2019 , 20:04   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #199

Quote:
Memepugg... what error do you get when you type this in the server console: sm plugins load tf2itemsinfo
It says "[SM] Plugin tf2itemsinfo.smx is already loaded."
Memepugg
Old 08-15-2019 , 22:57   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #200

And I already have the tf2itemsinfo plugin in my Sourcemod plugins folder too if that helps