Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Old 06-10-2017 , 01:56   [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #1

Event-Manager

Description
    Event-Manager makes hosting events less tedious, and allows you to control players much easier. This is my first plugin, I hope it'll be useful
    Credits
    Although I wrote the plugin, NGS | TheXeon helped with bug fixing, and as this is my first plugin, it helped greatly to have an experienced sourcemod dev to help with learning sourcepawn.
    Dependencies
    More Colors By Dr. McKay
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=185016
    Features
    • Set a teleport location for blu or red team(or both!).
    • Have the players class set to one of your choice.
    • Choose which weapons to strip off the player before they join the event.
    • Set a spectate location where the players can teleport to watch the event.
    • Enable Event-Talk, mute all non admins preventing players from talking over you.
    Pictures
    Spoiler

Commands

Admin Commands
    • sm_startevent - Start's an event.
    • sm_stopevent - Closes the joining period for the event.
    • sm_blocation - Set's the location where blu will teleport to.
    • sm_rlocation - Set's the location where red will teleport to.
    • sm_setspectate - Set's the location where spectators will teleport to.
    • sm_setclass - Set's the class the player will be set to before joining the event.
    • sm_event - Opens menu interface for event manager plugin.
    Player Commands
    • sm_joinevent - Join an event
    • sm_spectate - Spectate an event
    ConVars

sm_eventmanager_version - Plugin version
    sm_eventtalk_enable[0/1] - Default 0
    Download
    https://github.com/EasyEorsak/EventManager/releases
    Or you can use the attached file download
    Install
    Download the more colors include file, and put in in "serverfolder"\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\script ing\include
    Download the eventmanager.smx file, and put it in "serverfolder"\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\plugin s
    If you do not have sourcecomms, you will have to comment at line 5.
    Changelog
    v1.0 initial release
    To-do List
    Feel free to suggest feautures, report bugs, or point out anytihng else wrong with the plugin. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
    • Make modules to interface with maps buttons for opening doors and what not.
    • Somehow make a way to save current settings and put them in a template, so you can load it later.
    • Allow spectators to be turned into ghosts/ use SetCleintViewEntity so they can spectate.
    • Add rejoin feature, allowing users to have multiple "lives", where they can rejoin the event multiple times.
    • Add a settings menu specifically for disabling chat/console messages to prevent chat/console spam.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (eventmanager.sp - 431 views - 16.7 KB)
    File Type: smx eventmanager.smx (18.7 KB, 369 views)

Last edited by EasyE; 08-01-2017 at 15:47.
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 06-11-2017 , 03:42   Re: [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #2

God dammit, another of my ideas completed before I even started working on my own version

I have been writing out actual pencil and paper plans for an "Event Manager" system that would include natives, an "@event" command target filter thingy, and a menu system that would also tie into a specific event room mapped into my community server's main "fuck around and have fun" map and allow opening/closing doors, toggling various minigame setups to be enabled/disabled from the menu instead of having to shoot or melee a physical in-map button. I started writing this plan out about 6 months ago, and I haven't even started working on the actual thing yet.

Bravo. I'm definitely going to check this out. You may have saved me a bit of prep work The whole "spectate event" system is something I hadn't even thought of until I saw it was a part of this plugin. I just now noticed that before I edited this bit in. That's a pretty darn great idea.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 06-11-2017 at 04:45.
    EasyE
    Old 06-11-2017 , 19:54   Re: [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #3

A menu interface for closing doors and whatnot is something that I haven't even thought of. Problem is it would have to be hard coded to the map, so possibly making modules to interface with different popular maps would be cool. Not sure how I would go about making module type stuff though.

Also the spectate system does require a separate viewing room if you don't want people getting in the way, meaning it's only really useful on maps with that. Possibly I could find another way of letting the players spectate, possibly turning them into ghosts?
    Anyways, I'm real glad you liked the plugin
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 06-12-2017 , 02:25   Re: [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    A menu interface for closing doors and whatnot is something that I haven't even thought of. Problem is it would have to be hard coded to the map, so possibly making modules to interface with different popular maps would be cool. Not sure how I would go about making module type stuff though.
    Yeah, see that bit was like, specific to my community. I'm working on a new map for my main server and I've been making sure to name any and all entities in the map so I can later make various plugins that hook into those entities to change things. It's easier to do this with a custom made map because it gives you the ability to name specific entities and then hook into them in a custom plugin later and make changes on the fly.

Quote:
    Also the spectate system does require a separate viewing room if you don't want people getting in the way, meaning it's only really useful on maps with that. Possibly I could find another way of letting the players spectate, possibly turning them into ghosts?
    Anyways, I'm real glad you liked the plugin
    My idea for spectators would involve using SetClientViewEntity or something similar. I haven't gotten to planning this part out yet
    PBFliX
    Old 06-15-2017 , 19:11   Re: [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #5

Firstly, great plugin. Really love the concept.
    Secondly, on Event Config menu change blu and red spawn to same text, small thing but still xd
    Thirdly, would it be possible to add Rejoins, so for example I can start the event and have everyone join in to it. Close the joining and then for everyone that's in the event allow them to rejoin x times. A nifty little feature that could have some uses for particular events. Message me to talk about other things if you want, I have a few ideas but most are pretty big things.
    Old 06-15-2017 , 19:32   Re: [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #6

Would there be a way to build into this the option to strip all non-melee weapons? (We have melee only event nights and this would be ideal!) Great job though!
    EasyE
    Old 06-15-2017 , 20:36   Re: [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBFliX View Post
    Secondly, on Event Config menu change blu and red spawn to same text, small thing but still xd
    Do you mean like merge the two menu options? If so, I have two separate options so you can spawn red/blu separated.
    Quote:
    Thirdly, would it be possible to add Rejoins, so for example I can start the event and have everyone join in to it. Close the joining and then for everyone that's in the event allow them to rejoin x times. A nifty little feature that could have some uses for particular events.
    Pretty cool idea, never even thought about adding rejoins. I don't think it would be that hard to implement either, I could probably also add an automatic rejoin feature so the users don't have to type !rejoin over and over.

Last edited by EasyE; 06-15-2017 at 20:38. Reason: graemer
    PBFliX
    Old 06-15-2017 , 20:45   Re: [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Do you mean like merge the two menu options? If so, I have two separate options so you can spawn red/blu separated.
    No, I mean that one of the options is "set spawn" whereas the other simply says "spawn", changing them both to "set spawn" would look much better
    Old 06-15-2017 , 20:52   Re: [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    No, I mean that one of the options is "set spawn" whereas the other simply says "spawn", changing them both to "set spawn" would look much better
    Oh dang, completely didn't notice this. Thanks for the typo fix
    xF . Tick Tock Man
    Old 07-25-2017 , 13:45   Re: [TF2]Event-Manager by EasyE
    Reply With Quote #10

First, awesome plugin - works like a charm......except....

I can't think of any improvements to the basic functionality, this does everything you need quite efficiently and with a easy to use interface.

The only issue I have is with the console spam - would love to be able to suppress the console messages other than the advertisement for the event starting or ending (and being able to set the join message to repeat on a specified interval would be awesome as well).

I have an issue with the messages because I also use the TMC plugin to create an area to change classes (without rejoining event) sometimes during an event, and even when an event isn't running - we get the Event class selection messages spammed into chat. The only way I have found to suppress them thusfar is to suppress ALL console messages, which is problematic for our admins, as needed info isn't displayed.