Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

sturmbot plugin request for info

Post New Thread Reply   

pet
Old 10-30-2020 , 22:19   sturmbot plugin request for info
Reply With Quote #1

We run amxx+sturmbot on our servers. Sturmbots and clan members can go axis, and pubbers on allies. Problem happens when server is "full" (16 humans). Right now we have to have an admin kick a bot to make room for members. It would be better if there were a way to have a reserve list of members so that if a members attempts to join the server, it automatically kicks a bot. I've searched and found nothing, so my questions are (a) is it even possible to do this and (b) if so would someone be willing to take on this project?

thanks
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2020 , 22:27   Re: sturmbot plugin request for info
Reply With Quote #2

The first requirement would be to have 1 more slot than the number of players you want to be actively playing. So, if you have a 16 slot server and want 16 players to be able to play, you actually need a 17 slot server to facilitate anyone being able to join when the server is full (16).

If that is not an option for you then it won't work.
Old 10-30-2020 , 22:38   Re: sturmbot plugin request for info
Reply With Quote #3

Another plugin that is similar, but for sturmbots: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=516689
pet
Old 10-30-2020 , 22:40   Re: sturmbot plugin request for info
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
The first requirement would be to have 1 more slot than the number of players you want to be actively playing. So, if you have a 16 slot server and want 16 players to be able to play, you actually need a 17 slot server to facilitate anyone being able to join when the server is full (16).

If that is not an option for you then it won't work.
It's a 32 slot server, what I mean by 16 is that's the number of humans typically.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2020 , 22:46   Re: sturmbot plugin request for info
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet View Post
It's a 32 slot server, what I mean by 16 is that's the number of humans typically.
Right but but it's all the same (I just used 16 as the number of server slots). If you have 16 humans and 16 bots on your server, that's 32 slots taken. Nobody can join the server at this point so a plugin wouldn't know to kick anyone.

Shrikebot has a command to set the total number of players that the bots should fill up to. If you set it to 12 and there are 8 players, there will be 4 bots. If there are 12 or more player then there will be zero bots. If you have something like this, you'd have to set it to 31 (or lower).

Does Sturmbot not have a function like this and is this type of functionality what you are looking for?