Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

War3Evo's Annoying Cheat Killer (WACK) plug-in Proposal.

Post New Thread Reply   

El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2023 , 09:54   War3Evo's Annoying Cheat Killer (WACK) plug-in Proposal.
Reply With Quote #1

Hi!

I'm wondering how many would want this plug-in?

I already have a working version ... just need to strip it from War3Source and could a few days to get it started.

I understand that SMAC can detect some cheaters, and the majority of the time you have to "watch players" to also detect cheaters. If you ban someone, they can just go create a new account and do it again! If the server owner starts banning IP addresses, eventually they will ban so many IP addresses, they will run out of players, because a lot of those IP addresses are globally used by other people because of VPNs. The best way to solve this is to not "ban" players, but to "handicap" players. Then they have to figure out if they have been caught. If you ban them, they "know" it and will just create a new throw-away account.

I propose to create a plug-in to "frustrate" cheaters because they will not know they have been "detected". You can then use the default setup or adjust the "frustrating features". Usually the effects would be "random lowered damage", "random reduced movement", "random jerkiness", "random fake lag", and other random effects. I say random, as to make it less detectable. Depending on how hardcore your cheater is could depend on how much they are handicapped. You can also make it where they take more damage from other players (randomly).

Advantages of War3Evo's Annoying Cheat Killer:
  • Requires cheater to "know" if they have been caught or not.
  • They won't just go off and create a new account for you have to find them again!
  • Keeps IP addresses free to allow other players from the same VPN IP address to play on your server.
  • You'll know who is a cheater on your server and who isn't, so you can better "manage" them.
  • Safer than giving your admins "ban" privileges. Because they player can still come back and explain him, her, themselves.
  • Your server will be "hated" by cheaters. One thing people hate to do is "work"... figuring out if they've been caught or not.

Features I propose:
  • You can allow the "automatic" system to detect and put them into the anti-cheat
  • You can manually add them to the anti-cheat.
  • The adjustments would be for each: Detectability 0-100%
  • /admin commands could have detectability options: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% for each feature that you would allow your admins to have access to. These could be adjust per player.
  • Eventually a Global database network will be created that requires server owners to "qualify" for it.

Almost impossible to detect:
  • Random lowering damage - random time based, adjustable.
  • Random movement slowing - random time based, adjustable.
  • Random take increased damage from others - random time based, adjustable.
  • Cheaters can be seen by other players thru the walls. Completely undetectable, unless a player says so.

Possible to detectable:
  • Player has "glow" effect on them for random periods of time.
  • Other players just "randomly" removed from game when they aim at them.
  • Fake lag, adjustable.
  • When they shoot at someone, instead they "miss", and turn to a random point on the screen.
  • Randomly point their aim all over the place, adjustable.

100% detectable:
  • Color the cheaters
  • Cheaters will "glow".

About the Global database: (private add-on w/sourcecode) you can download a global database of cheaters and their cheating rank. Depending on how many other servers have "seen" this cheater will be their cheating rank. Requires servers to be running longer than 60 days in order to submit to this database. The detection method of "days running" would be used by the hosting database server and not the plug-in. If your system submits data to the host and your server hasn't been running longer than 60 days, it will just throw anyway those submissions. It will not give your system any indication that this happened. The submissions would not be added right away, as they would under go "testing". After a testing period, they would be added. I would only supply this add-on to trusted server owners whom come to me on discord for it. It would not be a public add-on, there by protecting the system even more. Don't even come to me for the private add-on unless your servers have a long standing time of 60 days or longer!

I thought about, emailed submissions too... what are your thoughts?

If I do see a reason to create this plug-in, I will post here a link to it when it's made.

All other ideas welcomed here, please do share.

If your interested, reply to this message with any comment.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 02-14-2023 at 09:36. Reason: replace anti with annoying