Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Counter-Strike should be free to play?

Post New Thread Reply   

Syturi0
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2018 , 11:24   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #51

I dont use no-steam.

I dont promote no-steam, infact i always encourage my players on my server to buy the original Steam version since its better and more stable/updated than most no-steam clients.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-23-2018 , 14:43   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syturi0 View Post
I dont use no-steam.

I dont promote no-steam, infact i always encourage my players on my server to buy the original Steam version since its better and more stable/updated than most no-steam clients.
Then you are still supporting it as you allow others to use non-steam clients.
You get the point?

Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2018 , 15:01   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Then you are still supporting it as you allow others to use non-steam clients.
You get the point?
You just overkill it. Since he's not promoting his steam or nonsteam(noone cares 4 both types) server(s) it's nothing wrong to complain.
Old 05-24-2018 , 12:57   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #54

Wow i didnt checked thread for some time. My main point why simply steamed paid version is useless in 2018.

You can't even simply find steamed only servers.
Alot servers are non steam servers vac doesn't work
Game has so many exploits STEAM ID Changers, server crasheres, fake bot sending to servers, alot servers with fake bots online to get players
Server Boosting services to promote non steam servers i'm pretty sure in last few years are earning more than valve from game sales
No new update to fix these issues
When i was kid i didn't know that i need pay for game even i buyed legal copy like 3 years later.

Last edited by ohyeah1234; 05-24-2018 at 13:01.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-25-2018 , 04:31   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:

Game has so many exploits STEAM ID Changers, server crasheres, fake bot sending to servers, alot servers with fake bots online to get players
And all this exploits work only on the cracked version. So:

Quote:
My main point why simply steamed paid version is useless in 2018.
This is false, as steam only servers don't have all the exploits you mentioned.
Old 05-25-2018 , 21:30   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
And all this exploits work only on the cracked version.
*there is no use of steam-id changer for a cracked server if you really think about it.
*crash a cracked server? try hard because I wanna know too. whoever claim to crashing such must be hitting a stone age HLDS release.
*fake bots can be also added in steam servers. there are even approved plugins for that here itself.
*yea, I already see some steam servers with fake bots online in some people's forum signature already.

Quote:
This is false, as steam only servers don't have all the exploits you mentioned.
This is false, as you just pointed out bunch of lies lol.
Old 05-26-2018 , 00:11   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by haZh View Post
*there is no use of steam-id changer for a cracked server if you really think about it.
*crash a cracked server? try hard because I wanna know too. whoever claim to crashing such must be hitting a stone age HLDS release.
*fake bots can be also added in steam servers. there are even approved plugins for that here itself.
*yea, I already see some steam servers with fake bots online in some people's forum signature already.

This is false, as you just pointed out bunch of lies lol.
You have no clue about anything.
*Steamid changer work for cracked servers especially. Some admins have steam and it's easy to fake their steamid and get their admin privileges. Moreover you can not ban the exploiter in a cracked server, he will keep coming back and ruin your day.
*Then you have no idea how easy is to crash hlds, be it steam or cracked. You can do it even without exploits, just figuring out a bug in game code, as there are plenty.
*You have no idea what fake players mean then. It's not about adding bots that will play". Fake players are an exploit that basically flood the server with a lot of packets and they only work in servers with dproto as they can not emulate a true steam client.
What plugins have to do with this exploits is beyond my understanding. You are just mixing stuff to try to prove an invalid point.
*Again, what have bots to do with exploits?

Last edited by HamletEagle; 05-26-2018 at 00:12.
ohyeah1234
Old 05-26-2018 , 05:52   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #58

most funny thing steam id changer isn't even vac detected you can simply use it with a legal copy.

Also, there is another bug with rcon passwords you can simply invite in your server random people who has access in other server and get his password.

Another thing when you join some servers they even modify your client settings or inject buttons with spam msgs
well, the main idea is to stop people using non steam clients and go over steamed version non steam version made too much harm for game. Pretty zero chance if someone from valve will see this topic.
haZh
Old 05-26-2018 , 08:34   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
You have no clue about anything..
You either.

Quote:
*Steamid changer work for cracked servers especially. Some admins have steam and it's easy to fake their steamid and get their admin privileges. Moreover you can not ban the exploiter in a cracked server, he will keep coming back and ruin your day.
*Then you have no idea how easy is to crash hlds, be it steam or cracked. You can do it even without exploits, just figuring out a bug in game code, as there are plenty.
*You have no idea what fake players mean then. It's not about adding bots that will play". Fake players are an exploit that basically flood the server with a lot of packets and they only work in servers with dproto as they can not emulate a true steam client.
What plugins have to do with this exploits is beyond my understanding. You are just mixing stuff to try to prove an invalid point.
*Again, what have bots to do with exploits?
*What's the point of Steamid changer for a cracked server "especially"? The main point of cracked servers is to get you off Steam.
*Ban evaders? Make a paid-name-register system or manually accept players if the server owner is that serious about who joins his server. There you go, same as unique Steamid assigning. Even in Steam, if you register a new account, you can ban evade.
*So easy to crash HLDS just by figuring out a bug in game code? So that must be same for Steam servers too then, also I would like to personally invite you to crash mine so I can be aware about the risks.
*I have misunderstood, but bot is a bot. Players are real players. And again inviting you to flood mine with "fake bots" or should I say, "XFakePlayer" (if that's it) so I can again know how that goes.
*I misunderstood again, but what's the difference in having your so called "real bots" in a Steam server and having "fake bots" in a cracked server? Both expecting some "real player" to get fooled and join.

Tip of the day: DProto is not the only plugin to get cracked. And mentioning anything else must be a rule violation of this forum.

To summarize, get that lazy ass law to actually do something about no-steam/cracked or you are basically losing this argument.
Old 05-26-2018 , 09:53   Re: Counter-Strike should be free to play?
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by haZh View Post
*What's the point of Steamid changer for a cracked server "especially"? The main point of cracked servers is to get you off Steam.
*Ban evaders? Make a paid-name-register system or manually accept players if the server owner is that serious about who joins his server. There you go, same as unique Steamid assigning. Even in Steam, if you register a new account, you can ban evade.
If you want evade a ban you'll have to spend time, create a new e-mail address and, most importantly, pay for the game again. With Steam ID changers it takes seconds to change your Steam ID and enter the server. If Steam ID changer worked for servers using Steam authentication it would work for all games that use it - pretty much most multiplayer games on Steam. They all use the same authentication method from the SteamWorks SDK. I believe that if you attempted to change it the server would kick you because Steam servers wouldn't be able to authenticate you.
The point of the Steam ID changer is to ruin someone's day by not being bannable (IP bans don't help either, it's easy af to change it as well) or, even worse, gaining permissions by taking admins' Steam IDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah1234 View Post
Also, there is another bug with rcon passwords you can simply invite in your server random people who has access in other server and get his password.
That's not a bug.