Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Provides a new gamemode where the survivors have to race to the end while facing hordes and hordes of zombies!
    Old 09-25-2009 , 15:47   [L4D/L4D2]Left 4 100 (1.7)
    Reply With Quote #1

The limit of zombies has been increased to 100, and zombies will be constantly rushing at you throughout the map. There are no specials or tanks along the way, but you will be facing the tanks at the finale...with a ton of health I might add.

Left 4 100 supports all gamemodes.

Cvars:

l4d_100_enable: If 1, Left 4 100 is enabled

l4d_100_messages: If 1, Left 4 100 will display messages to players

Changelog:

Quote:
    * Version 1.7
    * - Compatible with the latest mutations
    * - Removed "Incorrect gamemode" message
    * - Survivors no longer die instantly by commons when incapped
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d100.sp - 4926 views - 16.5 KB)

Last edited by mi123645; 08-09-2010 at 19:26. Reason: 1.7 Uploaded
    Edhmelus
    Old 09-25-2009 , 16:18   Re: [L4D]Left 4 100
    Reply With Quote #2

FIRST! What kinda massages? If it works in all modes, will hunters/smokers/boomers be controlled by players? Are there any special infected at all? How is the tank assigned? It's quite a bit of less information x.x

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
    mi123645
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-25-2009 , 16:28   Re: [L4D]Left 4 100
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Edhmelus View Post
    FIRST! What kinda massages? If it works in all modes, will hunters/smokers/boomers be controlled by players? Are there any special infected at all? How is the tank assigned? It's quite a bit of less information x.x
    Now see, this is what happens when people rush to be the first poster. They don't read the OP and miss out on a lot of information.
    Zverina
    Old 09-25-2009 , 18:15   Re: [L4D]Left 4 100
    Reply With Quote #4

lol just sayin but this was actually the exact same thing as in a zombie mod i made, it was a mini-mod type of thing zombies never stop coming basically the same thing, but with extreme realism added
    TommyLK
    Old 09-25-2009 , 20:05   Re: [L4D]Left 4 100
    Reply With Quote #5

hello
    can you make this plugin for only 8 survivors players ? no zombies, is better

sry for my bad english
    Skorpion1976
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-28-2009 , 08:44   z_common_limit 100 ?
    Reply With Quote #6

Hi, well judging from my experience with this specific cvar I really wonder how this is supposed to work LAGFREE . Default = 30, meaning that in every common_infected wave 30 zombies materialize and appear AT SAME TIME on the screen.
    To test the stability of the engine some weeks ago I changed the value to 40, 50, 80, and 100 on my local l4d srcds (8 player vs server). It was impossible to play when value was higher than 50. Lags when moving, all the common infected moved strangely, looked more like teleporting than moving and ping over 150 . setting value to 80 resulted in a ping of 200 while I was alone on my local server. Imagine this on a 16vs server ( I run such a thing). This creates monster lags for every player regardless of the distance between player and server. And no, my pc is neither crap nor old (nvidia 285gtx). I have the feeling that the engine itself is the bottleneck. I had to set value back to 36 and increase the speed of common infected instead. This has the effect that they approach the survivors quicker than normal but the server stays lagfree.

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 09-28-2009 at 08:49.
    mi123645
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-28-2009 , 16:08   Re: [L4D]Left 4 100
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TommyLK View Post
    hello
    can you make this plugin for only 8 survivors players ? no zombies, is better

sry for my bad english
    If there are no zombies, what is the point to this plugin or even the game?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
    Hi, well judging from my experience with this specific cvar I really wonder how this is supposed to work LAGFREE . Default = 30, meaning that in every common_infected wave 30 zombies materialize and appear AT SAME TIME on the screen.
    To test the stability of the engine some weeks ago I changed the value to 40, 50, 80, and 100 on my local l4d srcds (8 player vs server). It was impossible to play when value was higher than 50. Lags when moving, all the common infected moved strangely, looked more like teleporting than moving and ping over 150 . setting value to 80 resulted in a ping of 200 while I was alone on my local server. Imagine this on a 16vs server ( I run such a thing). This creates monster lags for every player regardless of the distance between player and server. And no, my pc is neither crap nor old (nvidia 285gtx). I have the feeling that the engine itself is the bottleneck. I had to set value back to 36 and increase the speed of common infected instead. This has the effect that they approach the survivors quicker than normal but the server stays lagfree.
    This plugin wasn't designed for 8 players, let alone 16 players. I created this plugin because not only it is fun, but it also gives a better view of the zombie apocalypse. I had high hopes that I was going to be facing hundreds of zombies at a time when I saw the trailer for this game, but sadly I was disappointed. Seeing hundreds of zombies coming out from nowhere really does give the sense that you are in a true zombie apocalypse.

There is the issue of lag, and I understand it, but it really isn't that big of a problem when there are only 4 players on the field.
    olj
    Veteran Member
    Old 09-29-2009 , 02:58   Re: [L4D]Left 4 100
    Reply With Quote #8

BTW - if someone knows some tricks (besides tuning cmd_rate and related stuff) to lessen the lag related to mob crowds, it would be nice to hear. I believe it creates lag because for every player the server must update each zombies position, hp etc. Thats why many zombies causes lag.
    Old 09-29-2009 , 15:50   Re: [L4D]Left 4 100
    Reply With Quote #9

question i have these in my sourcemod.cfg
    Code:
    sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_min_size 75 
    sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_max_size 250   
    sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_min_interval_easy 60   
    sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_min_interval_expert 9
    sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_max_interval_expert 12  
    sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_min_interval_hard 11
    sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_max_interval_hard 17    
    sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_min_interval_normal  30  
    sm_cvar z_mega_mob_spawn_max_interval 15
    sm_cvar z_mega_mob_spawn_min_interval 10
    sm_cvar z_common_limit 75
    sm_cvar z_mega_mob_size 225
    and have pretty much nonstop increased incoming hordes (yea with litlle bit lag, but its not really that bad 120 ping and 45 fps when megamob of 250 is spawned, on regular mob i have about 90-100 ping 55 fps)
    so this plugin will give me even more zombies and really nonstop coming,something like sm_cvar director_panic_forever 1?because with that command there is no special infected coming so i kinda don't understand what u mean no special infected, because with those mobs i have right now i also have 5 hunters 3 boomers and 2 smokers coming
    i would test your plugin instead of "stupid questions" ,but can't right now because the l4d update i can't even conect to the game
    psykeman420
    Old 10-03-2009 , 18:23   Re: [L4D]Left 4 100
    Reply With Quote #10

Hmmm i wanna try this with my 7v7 server, keeping special infected obviously

any tips for that?