Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Generic "Can't connect to database" error on website

Post New Thread Reply   

SugarDx
Old 11-02-2018 , 15:26   Generic "Can't connect to database" error on website
Reply With Quote #1

I'm at whits end here with this one. I've already applied all of the pull requests from the Bitbucket repository to the latest version of HLStatsX, (which is a clean installation). Thus far, I've gotten everything working except the website portion. Using the same credentials as the daemon, (which connects fine), I'm still getting errors. I've tried with two different known accounts that have confirmed access from any host, both using caching_sha2_password and Native MySQL Authentication login methods. The MySQL server and database are hosted on the same system as the website files.

That being said, no matter what I put in, I receive this:

I have tried absolutely everything known to man to get this working. The place where it is hosted also contains about a dozen other websites and web applications which have absolutely no issues with connecting to the same database server using the same or different credentials.

PHP version: 7.2.8
MySQL version: 8.0.12 - MySQL Community Server - GPL

(I would upgrade to PHP 7.2.11, but it has some nasty bugs caused by commit reversions that affect my other web services).

Any help would be much appreciated. Just to reiterate, the information I'm putting in is absolutely correct, and has been tested in multiple locations to confirm it is working. There are no typographical errors, and all of the PHP 7.x fixes and other pull requests on the Bitbucket page have indeed been included in the source code I'm using.