Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

ZombieEscape-Settings

Post New Thread Reply   

zombieescape2010
Old 09-14-2010 , 10:10   ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.

Before I sag "Sorry for my bad english".

After the big CS:S-Update was my ZombieMod broken.

Today have I found this ZombieMod. The mod is online on my Server.

Maybe I search good settings for ZombieEscape-Maps.

Can this community help me, I say already now many thanks.
Sandfly
Old 09-15-2010 , 12:19   Re: ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #2

Hello there,

I'm not entirely sure of what you mean by 'good settings for Escape Maps' but I'll give it a shot.

I assume you may mean you'd like to create different Mother Zombie spawntimes, as well as perhaps different roundtimes or even respawn variables tailored to each Escape map?

If that is what you want, you can do so by going into your cstrike>cfg>sourcemod>zombiereloaded folder and creating a cfg file in there with the maps name - for example - ze_LoTR_Mines_of_Moria.cfg

In that cfg, you might wish to place various settings that suit your server, or the players on it .. for example, you might have a specific Mother Zombie spawn time for that map in the configuration or cfg file.
You can put the minimum & maximum time in there, and have that as your window within which the Mother Zombie will spawn for that map.

You might also like to specify if you'd like to have !zspawn active in your map, which allows players to type !zspawn to rejoin a map if they die in-game ... that value can also be put into your .cfg file and saved.

You would need to go through the zombiereloaded.cfg to see which kinds of settings you might like to place in an individual maps cfg file, and there is no quick way to do it .. it's all trial & error, so be prepared to muck around a bit and fiddle with the settings on each map's cfg file until you are happy with a balance you've settled upon.

A lot of people are happy generally with the default settings, or feel comfortable leaving those settings unchanged, and do not venture into tuning each map with an individual config file.

Personally, I love tuning the settings on each map, to maximise the potential of each map as it were.
Hope this helped, or was some way toward what you were asking question for help on anyway!
|IC| UltimateZombie: Reloaded - IP: 117.20.5.153:27015

|IC| Ultra GunGame SM - IP: 117.20.5.153:27018
zombieescape2010
Old 09-16-2010 , 00:57   Re: ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #3

First thanks to Sandfly.

Maybe I search the configiguration for zombies.

E.g. this configuration:
"health_regen_interval" ""
"health_regen_amount" ""
"health_infect_gain" ""
"kill_bonus" ""

"speed" ""
"knockback" ""
"jump_height" ""
"jump_distance" ""

And the same for humans.

The other configs have I completed.
Sandfly
Old 09-16-2010 , 04:04   Re: ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #4

Hi there,

Glad it helped you.

You can find the other settings you mentioned in the playerclasses.txt file, located in cstrike>addons>sourcemod>configs>zr folder and adjusting those values as best suits your server or your player preferences!
|IC| UltimateZombie: Reloaded - IP: 117.20.5.153:27015

|IC| Ultra GunGame SM - IP: 117.20.5.153:27018
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2010 , 05:12   Re: ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #5

Remember that settings in playerclasses.txt are global. If you want individual settings on each map you have to use map configs. There are two options:
  • Make a copy of playerclasses.txt and use zr_config_path_playerclasses to specify the new class config in map configs. Then you can have a separate class file for escape maps.
  • Modify individual attributes with the zr_class_modify command in post map configs (like de_dust.post.cfg).

Usually it's enough to just modify multipliers (can be done in map configs too). Have a look at zr_class_set_multiplier.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 09-16-2010 at 05:14.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
zombieescape2010
Old 09-17-2010 , 04:04   Re: ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #6

Okay, thanks.

Have you completed settings for one zombieclass?
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2010 , 05:43   Re: ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #7

There's no universal zombie class, because each map is different.

You have to start with the defaults (like those in classic) and tune knock back, jump boost and speed according to map layout.

Some maps might have large open areas where higher knock back is necessary to survive or small areas where high knock back would be unfair to zombies. Maps often have both, so my volumetric features can be used to scale knock back in certain areas.

It's the same with speed and jump boost. If you need to jump a lot, a boost in distance or height might improve the gameplay. And in endless big maps, high speed is useful.

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
zombieescape2010
Old 09-17-2010 , 17:42   Re: ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #8

Thanks, my last question:

How I can activate only one zombie class?

When I clear the other zombieclasses, is the zombiemod broken (mod not loaded).

Last edited by zombieescape2010; 09-17-2010 at 17:52.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2010 , 17:54   Re: ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #9

Set enabled to "no" on classes you don't want. Then turn off zr_classes_[zombie|human]_select to disable the selection menus.

Make sure you have the minimum class requirements, otherwise the plugin will refuse to load.

You have to pick a default human (team 1) and zombie (team 0) class. Both classes must have:
  • enabled set to "yes"
  • team_default set to "yes"
  • flags set to "0"
  • group set to "" (blank)
  • and all other attributes must be valid of course

Then set these as default spawn classes in zr_classes_default_[zombie|human]. Use the name of the class (like "Classic"). If it says "random" (by default) it's ok as long as you've disabled all other classes.

If ZR won't load check the SourceMod error logs for config errors. If something is missing or wrong, it will tell you.

More details about classes in zrdocs/zr_manual.htm#3.7 (http://helgeby.no-ip.org/zrdev/manual/#3.7).

Last edited by rhelgeby; 09-17-2010 at 17:59.
zombieescape2010
Old 09-17-2010 , 18:09   Re: ZombieEscape-Settings
Reply With Quote #10

Very thanks.

Do you know how i make, all players (ct and t) join on the same place?