Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Ghost Mode Redux (v2.2 - 1/6/14)

Post New Thread Reply   

rtk
Old 07-30-2013 , 12:55   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #51

I have a bug with this plugin that already happened with the ghosty version and I thought it was fixed now.
Randomly at mapchange, sometimes all player's game closes itself. There is no "hl2.exe stopped responding" it just closes and goes to the desktop. This happens to everyone right after a new map starts, but not every time.
Anyone having any clue about this ?
☠☠☠
Old 07-30-2013 , 18:21   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk View Post
I have a bug with this plugin that already happened with the ghosty version and I thought it was fixed now.
Randomly at mapchange, sometimes all player's game closes itself. There is no "hl2.exe stopped responding" it just closes and goes to the desktop. This happens to everyone right after a new map starts, but not every time.
No clue.

~~~

So I've been recently working on making Ghost Mode Redux as smooth as possible and glitch free with other plugins, while adding more features. I've added a native to ghostmode which offers plugin developers the ability to determine if a player is a ghost or not.

I suggest if you use Third Person (Non-sv_cheats Edition) that you add the custom version I've included in this post. It supplies checks to make sure ghosts enter and leave third person without bugs.

If you are interested in applying sprays to surfaces while being a ghost, download the custom Enhanced Sprays | Dead Sprays plugin I've included in this post.

Version 2.0
  • Added native for other plugin to determine if a player is currently a ghost
    • GhostMode_IsPlayerGhost
  • Now properly sets ghost speed
  • Fixed bug where other plugins would force the player model while a ghost into something else
Attached Files
File Type: zip EnhancedSprays.zip (8.1 KB, 609 views)
File Type: zip ThirdPerson.zip (5.8 KB, 499 views)

Last edited by ReFlexPoison; 07-30-2013 at 18:26.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 07-31-2013 , 22:17   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #53

Sorry for constant updates, just getting this plugin in tip-top shape. Apparently the 2.0 update was causing server crashes however I believe I fixed the issue. If it continues to crash, immediately post a response. Until then...

Updated
Version 2.0.1
  • Fixed server crashing (Hopefully)
  • Removed particles convar
scorpadorp
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-13-2013 , 13:48   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #54

Everything works fine so far. Would it be possible to get rid of the footsteps sound when you walk on ground as ghost?

Last edited by scorpadorp; 08-13-2013 at 14:09.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-13-2013 , 22:26   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpadorp View Post
Everything works fine so far. Would it be possible to get rid of the footsteps sound when you walk on ground as ghost?
hotfix:
Code:
sm_cvar mp_footsteps 0
Old 08-15-2013 , 16:39   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #56

Is it possible to add panel or hud or something to display that people can fly using space/jump in the ghost mode? Or might be better just to make them fly without holding a button...

Also what is with that blocking of enemy players?

Anyway awesome plugin.
Old 09-01-2013 , 17:23   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #57

It doesn't seem to be saving preferences when you change them. It works for like 1 life, then when you rejoin it goes back to default.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 09-06-2013 , 18:25   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk View Post
I am having the exact same problem for a few weeks now. I have tried numerous things and posted several places without any success. You find out anything yet? I just disabled ghost to see if that it perhaps but no real reason for it other than I think I read somewhere it is a possibility with auto team balance etc.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 09-06-2013 , 20:05   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #59

Would it be possible to get this plugin working properly with PropHunt?
Old 09-07-2013 , 13:04   Re: [TF2] Ghost Mode Redux
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpadorp View Post
They are only emitted client side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post
Is it possible to add panel or hud or something to display that people can fly using space/jump in the ghost mode? Or might be better just to make them fly without holding a button...

Also what is with that blocking of enemy players?

Anyway awesome plugin.
Change "ghostinfo" in the translations. Players wont be blocked by ghosts, ghosts will be blocked by players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
It doesn't seem to be saving preferences when you change them. It works for like 1 life, then when you rejoin it goes back to default.
Team changing is disabled for ghosts. I'll look into something else for this however changing teams as a ghost caused issues before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I am having the exact same problem for a few weeks now. I have tried numerous things and posted several places without any success. You find out anything yet? I just disabled ghost to see if that it perhaps but no real reason for it other than I think I read somewhere it is a possibility with auto team balance etc.
Don't know. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post
Would it be possible to get this plugin working properly with PropHunt?
Don't know :/ Explain what's wrong with it?