Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Negative Edicts?

Post New Thread Reply   

scorpius2k1
Old 07-19-2018 , 16:33   Negative Edicts?
Reply With Quote #1

I notice every once in a while, the game will show a negative edict (entity) count. Using the SourceMod command GetEntityCount(), will also return a negative when this happens. Even when I type "status" into my console, the server itself lists as a negative. The map started, everything working fine and then noticed something off, and found the ent count was negative. After a new map, all was back to normal.

--------------
map : dm_pinnacles at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
tags : alltalk,gameME,gravity
players : 9 humans, 0 bots (32 max)
edicts : -412 used of 2048 max
--------------

Weird things also start to happen, for example particle effects wouldn't attach to a parent entity, instead they are randomly put about. My server is only running SourceMod, latest version but since the server itself is showing the negative edicts, I am guessing this is more deep. I am not sure at this point if an issue with older maps, or likely, the engine itself? The odd thing, while not common, I have seen the entity count go back to normal after the "bug" occurs. strange.

Apologies if posting in the wrong section to discuss, but this definitely effects plugin performance. Does anyone have any insight or solutions to this problem?

Thanks all!
66.151.244.149:27016 => CONNECT

Last edited by scorpius2k1; 07-19-2018 at 16:39.
sorrybro
BANNED
Old 07-20-2018 , 03:17   Re: Negative Edicts?
Reply With Quote #2

Negative entities? Never heard of it but you could definitely troubleshoot it by spewing entities and see when it is going negative. I've never done it but I've heard of developers implementing something like that.