Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

BEsaysounds

Post New Thread Reply   

BehaartesEtwas
Old 06-03-2008 , 16:36   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #71

try it now. i do not get any error messages now.
LocutusH
Old 06-03-2008 , 16:53   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #72

Does it now need to have SM 1.1.0 or above? for any particular function to work...
Because i have still 1935, and ive got these errors too before.
Old 06-04-2008 , 06:13   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehaartesEtwas View Post
try it now. i do not get any error messages now.
No more errror logs at mee to. Thx
LocutusH
Old 06-04-2008 , 15:41   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #74

Sound disabling is still not working. (menu 1)

If i understand that correct, it should disable the saysounds for the user AT ALL, so that he doenst hear any of them, until he turns them on again. But this simply does not work, the sounds are still there.
Old 06-05-2008 , 08:33   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocutusH View Post
Does it now need to have SM 1.1.0 or above? for any particular function to work...
Because i have still 1935, and ive got these errors too before.
What kind of errors? I developed it with SM 1.0.0 and only did some fix to get it running on 1.1.0. You still do not need 1.1.0 (I do not want to install 1.1.0 on my productive server) but you can use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocutusH View Post
Sound disabling is still not working. (menu 1)

If i understand that correct, it should disable the saysounds for the user AT ALL, so that he doenst hear any of them, until he turns them on again. But this simply does not work, the sounds are still there.
That's strange, I tested this several times. Does the menu "remember" the setting (i.e. does it show like "Disable saysounds completely: Yes" after reopening it)?

Btw: You are correct, that menu option should disable the saysounds completely (but the bomb timer, connect sounds etc. are still there...).
LocutusH
Old 06-05-2008 , 08:53   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #76

Yes, the menu does remember the setting.

1. i join, and turn it off
2. i try to play a sound -> sound filtered by your settings
3. someone else plays a sound, and i hear it...
4. i look at the menu, and its still off...

Was there any update between 1936 and 1.0.0 wich could cause this? I dont want to update, since everything else runs fine, but if its sure that the problem is caused by an update missing, i might try to updade SM...

NB: What if the problem is caused by a translation? I translated the english strings to hungarian. But it doesnt give me any errors, and the texts are also correct in the menu.

NB2: Ive checked my logs, and i am still getting these errors:
Quote:
L 06/04/2008 - 22:53:56: [SM] Native "IsClientConnected" reported: Client index 26 is invalid
L 06/04/2008 - 22:53:56: [SM] Debug mode is not enabled for "mapchooser.smx"
L 06/04/2008 - 22:53:56: [SM] To enable debug mode, edit plugin_settings.cfg, or type: sm plugins debug 18 on
(running 0.1e version)
I am pretty much sure, that this must be something with the SM version... thats ony a few version numbers, and i dont see any important updates in them... i dont know.

Last edited by LocutusH; 06-05-2008 at 09:07.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2008 , 09:18   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #77

LocutusH :
use the newest stable release 1.0.2, it is not a beta version and has some bugfixes too, and had the code cleared up a bit.

BEhaartesEtwas:
I think you should separate the play sounds function and the rest so if someone only want do disable the sound then the y could do it but the bomb timer and the event sounds ar still on.

Last edited by PStar; 06-05-2008 at 09:21.
LocutusH
Old 06-05-2008 , 10:46   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #78

I would still like to know, by what update this problem is caused. If its really a SM update. This would also help determine wich SM version is at least needed for this plugin to work.

You say that with 1.0.0 there is no problem... between this and 1936 there are just some 10 updates, wich doesnt contain ANY bugfix or additions, just other things. So i doubt a little, that this is the problem...
Old 06-07-2008 , 15:04   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #79

After testing it a while, none of the menu options are working... the only think i can reach is to mute MY OWN triggered sounds.. so that i dont hear what i want to playback.
Whatever i set in the menu, i hear the other players sounds, if they are alive, or not, or disabled or not, filtered or not...
Old 06-08-2008 , 08:44   Re: BEsaysounds
Reply With Quote #80

Sorry for my late answer. You were right, all user settings regarding the spam filter did not work. Must have had something to do with some mixing of user ids and client indices (which apparently have been changed between 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 or so). Please try the new 0.1f release.

Btw: Does anybody know, why the upload function of this forum does not work any more? It always says something about not being able to copy or move the file...