Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download exploit.

Post New Thread Reply   

NaRyan
Old 04-18-2012 , 18:16   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #81

Any idea when the gamedata will be updated?

Sorry for asking, but after having a server get wrecked with the exploit, I'm a bit paranoid without it working.

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-18-2012 , 18:35   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaRyan View Post
Any idea when the gamedata will be updated?

Sorry for asking, but after having a server get wrecked with the exploit, I'm a bit paranoid without it working.
Updated gamedata is now in the package and on the SourceMod gamedata updater.
Sorry for the delay.
Old 04-18-2012 , 19:54   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Updated gamedata is now in the package and on the SourceMod gamedata updater.
Sorry for the delay.
Thank you.

Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2012 , 23:24   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #84

Now, serversecure not work anymore on Cs:s (windows) after gamedata file update.

Code:
L 04/19/2012 - 06:15:43: SourceMod error session started
L 04/19/2012 - 06:15:43: Info (map "cs_office") (file "errors_20120419.log")
L 04/19/2012 - 06:15:43: [SERVSEC] Sigscan for IsValidFileForTransfer failed - Disabling detour to prevent crashes
L 04/19/2012 - 06:15:43: [SM] Unable to load extension "serversecure_files.ext": Couldn't find IsValidFileForTransfer function!
old working sig
bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-19-2012 , 08:51   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #85

Can confirm that the Windows version is not working on CS:S after the gamedata update yesterday.

Code:
[03] <FAILED> file "serversecure_files.ext.2.ep2v.dll": Couldn't find IsValidFileForTransfer function!
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2012 , 15:26   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #86

...you could for temporary set old signature in gamedata file and set file "Read only" to prevent update overwrite file.
not recommended tough
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-19-2012 , 17:07   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
...you could for temporary set old signature in gamedata file and set file "Read only" to prevent update overwrite file.
not recommended tough
That is not how you prevent gamedata from being updated. Create a folder called "custom" in the same directory and put the edited gamedata file in there and they'll be preferred over the normal ones.

However, fixed gamedata will be on the updater as soon as I've eaten dinner.
Old 04-20-2012 , 17:56   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #88

Just wondering if this was ever updated for CS:S? The SVN still has the wrong gamedata.
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-23-2012 , 06:10   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #89

Hi asherkin, any news about the update. Still getting this on my windows servers

Quote:
L 04/23/2012 - 06:09:04: [SERVSEC] Sigscan for IsValidFileForTransfer failed - Disabling detour to prevent crashes
L 04/23/2012 - 06:09:04: [SM] Unable to load extension "serversecure_files.ext": Couldn't find IsValidFileForTransfer function!
thx in advance

Note: it started working after i replaced the new gamedata with the old one

Last edited by -=Leb=-; 04-24-2012 at 07:22.
mad_hamster
Old 04-25-2012 , 11:35   Re: ServerSecure (Files only) - Server protection against the Upload / Download explo
Reply With Quote #90

My windows servers just got attacked with an upload exploit (I has D-FENS installed). Since both this plugin and D-FENS seem unmaintained (at least for windows), is there any alternative out there?

Thanks!