Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] How many servers are opened according to this system?

Post New Thread Reply   

leaffan
Old 04-03-2021 , 11:13   [L4D2] How many servers are opened according to this system?
Reply With Quote #1

I am writing with (Google Translate). The subject is clear and unambiguous, I hope you understand.

Hello guys, did I open the topic to the right category? I have no idea, I hope it's true. I would have a question, according to the server information below, how many L4D2 servers can I open? How many L4D2 Servers can be opened in this system? Plays without bottlenecks or an annoyance?

PHP Code:
2x Intel Xeon E5-2670
96 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
4 x 300 GB 10K SAS
2 TB SSD
1 Gbps Port
5 TB Monthly Traffic
Operating System 
Preferably
Control Panel 
Preferably 
Thank you.

Last edited by leaffan; 04-03-2021 at 11:15. Reason: Correction!
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2021 , 14:12   Re: [L4D2] How many servers are opened according to this system?
Reply With Quote #2

That always depends on all your configs (how many players / which plugins are installed)

My server usually takes up to 1GB for 15 players, so let's say that you will need around 1.5GB for every 20 players slots server.
If is a Linux SO server probably will consume less RAM
Old 04-03-2021 , 16:22   Re: [L4D2] How many servers are opened according to this system?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
That always depends on all your configs (how many players / which plugins are installed)

My server usually takes up to 1GB for 15 players, so let's say that you will need around 1.5GB for every 20 players slots server.
If is a Linux SO server probably will consume less RAM
Linux SO server, what was going on? I usually use Ubuntu as the operating system on my server. Linux Ubuntu, are you talking about that? So are you in favor of having Ubuntu and not Windows? Is it like this?

---------

It will be 8 by the way. I can only make 10 slots on a few servers, that's all. But usually it will always be the original slot, so 8 will be the maximum.

Last edited by leaffan; 04-03-2021 at 16:24.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2021 , 16:27   Re: [L4D2] How many servers are opened according to this system?
Reply With Quote #4

Linux is always recommended to host servers.

I prefer Windows mainly cause I do a lot of local tests and I don't know how to do stuff on Linux, but I recognize that the performance is better

I'm doing a test right now on a server with the same config in Linux and it improved by around 20% (can be the VM too, who knows)

The best workbench you can have is doing the famous "try and see"

Host a server, check how much bandwidth, RAM, etc is being used and divide that by your configs, then you will get some approximate values on how many servers you are able to run.