Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Check player rank

Post New Thread Reply   

Vaki
Old 02-02-2019 , 19:23   Check player rank
Reply With Quote #1

Is it possible to check player rank, for example i want to forbid players who are less then Private Rank 5 to join to CT. I want to check if they are just register so i can stop them from freekilling and creating new accounts on my JailBreak server.
Old 02-02-2019 , 19:57   Re: Check player rank
Reply With Quote #2

Don't know if it's possible to check ranks but if you want to stop people making new accounts to come into your server you can use this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...29&postcount=3 or use Sourcebans++ which has support for IP banning.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2019 , 02:57   Re: Check player rank
Reply With Quote #3

Check this prop of the entity you can get with GetPlayerResourceEntity();

m_nPersonaDataPublicLevel

It's an array with the size of 64, which is also the maximum amount of players csgo supports

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 02-03-2019 at 03:00.
Vaki
Old 02-03-2019 , 06:37   Re: Check player rank
Reply With Quote #4

Thank you, i will check it.
Old 02-03-2019 , 06:47   Re: Check player rank
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaki View Post
Thank you, i will check it.
I am going to release this version of Useful Commands, but I've found a workaround. This is so far the best way and it has one detriment. First, let's take a look at the function I sent you:

Code:
GetEntProp(GetPlayerResourceEntity(), Prop_Send, "m_nPersonaDataPublicLevel", _, client)
While this is nice and all, it will obviously kick out any player that took his service medal and is now rank 1.

I have found a way to include any equipped ( displayed / bragged ) coin into the rank, and the only detriment is that I don't know how to take coins from the profile, just the one displayed in TAB.

Here's the native and plugin:

Code:
native int UsefulCommands_ApproximateClientRank(int client);
As long as you notify anybody you kick out that he should equip any service medal and rejoin, and as long as you save steam IDs that passed this check of service medal, you will have little to no problems.

Useful Commands is a large plugin that does lots of useful stuff for CS:GO ( and CS:S ) and if you think it's too useless for you to toggle off features you don't need, use it as a plain reference.

Do not use "Get Plugin". It's just here because for some reason (sarcasm) it's not allowed to publish .sp without .smx

Edit: I can confirm that you can't get a list of a client's medals, unfortunately. If you want to stop false positives, you should allow either rank x or more OR prime. Like, if you have one of them, you can join
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (UsefulCommands.sp - 123 views - 157.1 KB)
File Type: smx UsefulCommands.smx (75.1 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by eyal282; 02-03-2019 at 08:06.
Nexd
BANNED
Old 02-06-2019 , 17:10   Re: Check player rank
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
I am going to release this version of Useful Commands, but I've found a workaround. This is so far the best way and it has one detriment. First, let's take a look at the function I sent you:

Code:
GetEntProp(GetPlayerResourceEntity(), Prop_Send, "m_nPersonaDataPublicLevel", _, client)
While this is nice and all, it will obviously kick out any player that took his service medal and is now rank 1.

I have found a way to include any equipped ( displayed / bragged ) coin into the rank, and the only detriment is that I don't know how to take coins from the profile, just the one displayed in TAB.

Here's the native and plugin:

Code:
native int UsefulCommands_ApproximateClientRank(int client);
As long as you notify anybody you kick out that he should equip any service medal and rejoin, and as long as you save steam IDs that passed this check of service medal, you will have little to no problems.

Useful Commands is a large plugin that does lots of useful stuff for CS:GO ( and CS:S ) and if you think it's too useless for you to toggle off features you don't need, use it as a plain reference.

Do not use "Get Plugin". It's just here because for some reason (sarcasm) it's not allowed to publish .sp without .smx

Edit: I can confirm that you can't get a list of a client's medals, unfortunately. If you want to stop false positives, you should allow either rank x or more OR prime. Like, if you have one of them, you can join
so, now what's working inside that smx?
you should release this outside of useful commands x_x

Last edited by Nexd; 02-06-2019 at 17:11.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2019 , 17:32   Re: Check player rank
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexd View Post
so, now what's working inside that smx?
you should release this outside of useful commands x_x
No. Reading a 130k line keyValue file freezes the server for something like 0.8 seconds on plugin start. I already need to read this key value file so might as well use it for good. If you don't want UC, port it out by yourself.

Last edited by eyal282; 02-06-2019 at 17:32.
Nexd
BANNED
Old 02-07-2019 , 08:19   Re: Check player rank
Reply With Quote #8

I have did it, if some1 interested about it PM me (kick NONPRIME players (without vip) under level X)

Last edited by Nexd; 02-07-2019 at 08:35.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2019 , 14:52   Re: Check player rank
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexd View Post
I have did it, if some1 interested about it PM me (kick NONPRIME players (without vip) under level X)
How about posting it here?