Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Bento
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-01-2008 , 08:12   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Hi,

I keep getting this error on install:

I'm doing everything right tho.
Old 07-01-2008 , 18:19   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

ok, i got PHP updated, have the tables problem, the post doesnt help on how to fix it..

im thinking this plug in should be scrapped, there has to be a better way.
Old 07-01-2008 , 19:11   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bento View Post
Hi,

I keep getting this error on install:

I'm doing everything right tho.
Tried 3 webhosts now and everything is right, this must be some bug.
Old 07-01-2008 , 19:49   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Just a quick question to verify if I'm doing this right:

If I want a specific admin to be able to edit his own bans in the ban list, I figure I should give him the web permissions "Ban List" and "Edit Own Bans" right? Because that just ends in the admin being able to edit details in all the bans.

What I have in mind, is to allow admins to ban people ingame, and add a demo to their own bans later, instead of having to pass the demo on to one of the admins taking care of the submissions.
Order66
Old 07-01-2008 , 20:35   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsterling View Post

You need to talk to your web host about how you would go about adding your server's IP to your "MySQL Access Hosts". If they do not block external connections then you should have the ability to do this through their control panel but I don't know who your host is.

If that does not solve the issue then the most likely cause is that your game server host is blocking outbound connections for the standard MySQL port. You would have to ask if the first solution does not resolve your issue.
ok, so i reinstalled sourcebans on my webserver and created a new database on another (external) host (that uses cPanel). I have added my webserver and gameserver IP to the access hosts list. (I know it works because I got an error at first during installation, but added the right webserver IP and the installation went thru, creating the tables).

On the gameserver side, there is no error logs produce for sourcebans anymore, and the logs even said sourcebans has executed on my gameserver properly.

However, I'm still getting Error Connecting(gameserver IP) in sourcebans dashboard?

Any suggestions?
Order66
Old 07-02-2008 , 09:03   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
ok, so i reinstalled sourcebans on my webserver and created a new database on another (external) host (that uses cPanel). I have added my webserver and gameserver IP to the access hosts list. (I know it works because I got an error at first during installation, but added the right webserver IP and the installation went thru, creating the tables).

On the gameserver side, there is no error logs produce for sourcebans anymore, and the logs even said sourcebans has executed on my gameserver properly.

However, I'm still getting Error Connecting(gameserver IP) in sourcebans dashboard?

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure if this is the reason or not, but I was testing this plugin (and few others) on our private server first...meaning the server is password protected. I notice there was no place to enter the server password.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 07-02-2008 , 09:34   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

The dashboard doesn't need any password to get info from the server. It uses the public protocol to get info from HL1 & HL2 servers. If it says Error connecting on the dashboard either the server's not up, you put in the wrong IP, or it's blocking the connection for some reason.
Olly
Old 07-02-2008 , 10:19   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriMz View Post
ok, i got PHP updated, have the tables problem, the post doesnt help on how to fix it..

im thinking this plug in should be scrapped, there has to be a better way.
There are almost 800 servers using this ( http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...&type=variable ), so I dont think it should be scrapped. Ill take a look later.

// Yarrrr!
Send a message via MSN to Olly
GriMz
Old 07-02-2008 , 17:03   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
There are almost 800 servers using this ( http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...&type=variable ), so I dont think it should be scrapped. Ill take a look later.
probably not, but it has way too many problems with installation.

seems near impossible.

thats almost all this thread is, 65 pages of installation errors.
Old 07-02-2008 , 17:30   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

request: diffrent rights for diffrent server, one should be allowed root (z) on one server while not having this accesss on others (this you already have this as a goal)
request: allow all to see demos (think I have seen this one as a goal too)
request: upload more than one demo (this one is probably new but something that i expect to be an easy change)
Closed Thread